PDA

View Full Version : CONGRATS TO ELENA, NASTYA, and to ALL THEIR LOYAL FANS HERE!

auntie janie
Jun 3rd, 2004, 04:19 PM
Hi guys!!!! :wavey: :kiss:

I don't visit wtaworld too often any more, except for the Challenger Forum.

But I had to come back to my old haunt, Russian Roulette, to congratulate ALL OF YOU, who have been fans of the Russian girls for years and years, waiting for this wonderful day to arrive. :D :D :D

Remember when we used to wonder, WHEN will a Russian girl EVER win a title? A couple of years had passed since Nastya ahd won Palermo, and we called the title drought a curse!

Then Bovina broke through, and the floodgates opened really, really wide. :kiss:

I am thrilled for both players and I really look forward to the Final! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :hearts: :hearts:

- L i n a -
Jun 3rd, 2004, 04:21 PM
Yes... let us all remember that this all-Russian Grand Slam final wouldn't be possible unless YOUR QUEEN, ELENA BOVINA didn't win that Warsaw title.

Now, if Lena would stop sucking. :p

Daniel
Jun 3rd, 2004, 04:36 PM
Congrats to both players and all the fans :clap2: :D :kiss:

AnDyDog621
Jun 3rd, 2004, 04:40 PM
I can't believe it still, im gonna cry, this is such a good day

auntie janie
Jun 3rd, 2004, 06:49 PM
The coolest thing is, whoever wins, it's great, because they are both such likable ladies. :hearts::hearts:

DEETHELICK
Jun 3rd, 2004, 06:58 PM
Best of luck Elena, I always had faith in her and I hope she can raise her game for Saturday!

Udachi Elena :D

Derek.
Jun 3rd, 2004, 07:38 PM
Good luck Nastya! :D Allez Anastasia Myskina! :woohoo:

the cat
Jun 3rd, 2004, 08:22 PM
Hi Janie! :wavey: I'm glad you're back to share in this great moment. :D I am happy about finally having a female Russian grand slam champion. But I will be sad for the runner up because she will be heartbroken about losing the final. :sad:

auntie janie
Jun 3rd, 2004, 09:16 PM
I think the runner-up will be fine, because neither of them expected to get so far. I mean, she will be partly sad but partly still pretty excited, I think. And she will know that her old friend was the winner, which helps, too. :)

And they both know there are many opportunities still ahead for them, at age 22!

- L i n a -
Jun 3rd, 2004, 09:29 PM
I agree... the runner-up will be fine.

Both of them have already won tournaments with strong fields, and both have the confidence that they can get another opportunity like this in the future.