PDA

View Full Version : Anzela Zguna announces retirement from professional tennis

Andrew.
Jun 3rd, 2004, 02:29 AM
Latvian No. 1 Zguna Announces Retirement at Emotional Goodbye Ceremony

Latvian tennis hero says goodbye at the age of 30

ISTANBUL, Turkey --- At a small tournament in Istanbul, a player little known to most of the world stepped onto the court in her oddly mismatched outfit. Anzela Zguna however is not any ordinary unknown. In fact, to many she is a national hero. As she stepped on court for her first round qualifying match, Zguna was greeted by cheers from her entire fan base that had come to visit her. It had been rumored around the infamous Latvian tennis circuit that the 30 year old Zguna was contemplating retirement for some time. But after this tournament, it appeared that the rumors would become a reality.

Zguna was facing little known Iveta Gerlova, who was ranked a dozen spots below her. The first set was taken by Gerlova by a score of 6-1. But in the second set, Zguna's fighting spirit which is well respected throughout the tennis community began to come alive. After being down 1-3, Zguna stormed back to a 5-3 lead. But when that lead was cut to 5-5, the croud of Zguna supporters came alive, all chanting, "Anzela! Anzela! Anzlea!". But Zguna, tired by all of the effort, lost the set 5-7, and therefore lost the match 6-1 7-5.

Zguna looked to her deflated supporters and waved, instantly bringing a smile to their faces. Everyone knew it was time. The tournament director took his microphone on court, and the entire crowd of twelve was on their feet. "Anzela! Anzlea! Anzlea!" Zguna took the microphone, and tearfully announced her retirement to her entire legion of fans. Holding back tears, Zguna took the last tennis balls she played with and hit them into the audience.

http://www.geocities.com/gottalovelindsay/anzela.jpg
Above: Anzela Zguna hits balls into the audience.

It was the end of an era when Anzela Zguna stepped off court. A nation's pride, now forever off the professional tennis circuit.

In other tennis news, Anna Kournikova farted an amazing sixteen times today.

Annika18
Jun 3rd, 2004, 12:14 PM
:sad:

Or am I too trusting?

SpikeyAidanm
Jun 3rd, 2004, 12:16 PM
k fuk u wat u doin kk...let you mind envelope you body...

:sobbing:

esquímaux
Jun 3rd, 2004, 12:33 PM
:rain:

labkin
Jun 3rd, 2004, 04:26 PM
This is so ridiculous. Stop making up things. What is up with you people and this girl? Get a life.

- L i n a -
Jun 3rd, 2004, 04:28 PM
This is so ridiculous. Stop making up things. What is up with you people and this girl? Get a life.
We're fans of her.

Just because she's ranked like 600, and you've never heard of her... that doesn't mean we're not fans of her.

DA FOREHAND
Jun 3rd, 2004, 04:30 PM
and she is.......????

Havok
Jun 3rd, 2004, 04:30 PM
:sad: :anzela::scared:

Hantuchov
Jun 3rd, 2004, 04:31 PM
Is is true?

Vincent
Jun 3rd, 2004, 04:32 PM
I am so confused, but some replies in this thread reveal it's fake.

hewittrok
Jun 3rd, 2004, 04:35 PM
who???

davenport_1
Jun 3rd, 2004, 05:03 PM
I am so lost.....

Grachka
Jun 3rd, 2004, 05:58 PM
No its not true ;)

Zguna wasn't playing in either Istanbul tournaments and the photo in the article was taken in Lexington last year :p

:anzela: :scared: :retard:

Xian
Jun 3rd, 2004, 06:10 PM
that is so poor :rolleyes:

- L i n a -
Jun 3rd, 2004, 06:11 PM
Yes, Anzela dropped to the #2 Latvian. :crying2:

PointBlank
Jun 3rd, 2004, 07:02 PM
:sad: Bye Anze :sad:

:retard:

ghosts
Jun 3rd, 2004, 07:16 PM
Bye Anzela! :sad:

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 6th, 2004, 07:56 PM
Anzela is the best, and I'm a huge fan of hers.

Hopefully, she decides to come back.

fuk u kk

treiber04
Jun 6th, 2004, 08:01 PM
Yeah right? Turkey hold a celebration for a Latvian....I don't think so.

kk fuk u kk