PDA

View Full Version : Martina & Lisa snap Petrova & Shaughnessy's 19 match winning streak

MLF
Jun 2nd, 2004, 05:29 PM
Martina & Lisa took them out 7-6 6-3 just now in the quarters. Well done to them.

Bad luck to Nadia & Meghann - it was a great winning streak, including 4 very good titles in Miami, Amelia Island, Berlin & Rome and included 4 wins out of 4 against Suarez & Ruano Pascual as well as wins against Kuznetsova & Likhovtseva, Martinez & Husarova and Vinci & Testud. I'm sure they'll be a threat at Wimbledon.

Semis line up :

Suarez & Ruano Pascual v Vinci & Testud
Kuznetsova & Likhovtseva v Raymond & Navratilova

GermanBoy
Jun 2nd, 2004, 05:31 PM
Martina & Lisa took them out 7-6 6-3 just now in the quarters. Well done to them.

:eek: WOW! Thought, Petrova & Shaughnessy would kick Martina & Lisa out... easily! Well done, I am happy! :bounce:

QuicKyMonSter
Jun 2nd, 2004, 05:33 PM
:( :confused: :sad:

LiliaLee-Frazier
Jun 2nd, 2004, 05:46 PM
Congrats ladys! This is definetly the team to send to the Olympics this year! :D :wavey: :bounce: :bounce:

Gabe Luis
Jun 2nd, 2004, 05:53 PM
A great win, indeed!

Does this win give Martina enough points to pass Meghan in the doubles rankings?

XaDavK_Kapri
Jun 2nd, 2004, 06:42 PM
I thought this would be VERY one-sided for Nadia and Meghann. No joke, I was expecting 62 62 or worse. Looks like Lisa and Martina found the way to play good together! :bounce: Well done!

Grachka
Jun 2nd, 2004, 07:00 PM
Maybe Martina's singles is helping doubles :bolt: ;)

Helen Lawson
Jun 2nd, 2004, 08:12 PM
That dreadful Lisa is as bad as Neely!

esquímaux
Jun 2nd, 2004, 09:22 PM
:lol: Great match Megs'n'Peta :yeah:

Andy T
Jun 2nd, 2004, 09:37 PM
Well done L & M. This is Martina's 50th appearance in a Grand Slam semi final in women's doubles: an extraordinary achievement!

foreva lindsay
Jun 2nd, 2004, 09:38 PM
yay well done martina and lisa so proud :D:D

crazillo
Jun 2nd, 2004, 09:44 PM
I am surprised that they won on CLAY against Petrova/Shaughnessy.

Philbo
Jun 2nd, 2004, 10:58 PM
A fantastic result and one that should shut the haters up for a while... For all the talk about the partnership not working etc, they may have turned the corner...They won their lead up tournament in Vienna and now this great, unepxected result!! Olympics here we come!! Go Marts!!!