PDA

View Full Version : I'm back and totally stunned.

Jakeev
Jun 2nd, 2004, 03:21 PM
Just got back from helping my family move and had no time to keep up on tennis news. I come back four days later and am shocked to discover who the French Open semifinalists are.

What the hell happened? Is everyone else in shock? People say there is no depth in women's tennis but I guess at least on Clay, they got it all wrong.

At this point , all I can say is go Jenn!!!!!

lizchris
Jun 2nd, 2004, 03:26 PM
Venus, Serena, Amelie and Maria playled like crap. Tha's it.

I am shocked about Venus because I thought she was going to be a semifinialist, but there is always next year and the next Grand Slam (Wimbledon).

ys
Jun 2nd, 2004, 03:54 PM
:rolleyes: :tape:

I don't see what's so shocking... Maybe because both Williams lost?

Suarez over Sharapova? No surprises, Suarez is better on clay. The only reason Maria was claimed as the favourite is because of the hype.

Dementieva over Mauresmo? Not surprising one bit. It was expected Mauresmo would have problem against a top 10 player given her nerves.

Myskina over Venus... The only surprise of the day. Comparing their clay season results this year.

Capriati over Serena... Capriati just won 2 weeks ago against her; no reason why she can't do it again.
I absolutely agree. Myskina over Venus is the only real surprise. For me , at least. I picked three other results correctly.

Kart
Jun 2nd, 2004, 11:11 PM
I picked them all wrongly :tape:. Still, from what I saw of the matches, the better players on the day won. Sadly :sad:.

DeDe4925
Jun 2nd, 2004, 11:19 PM
Just got back from helping my family move and had no time to keep up on tennis news. I come back four days later and am shocked to discover who the French Open semifinalists are.

What the hell happened? Is everyone else in shock? People say there is no depth in women's tennis but I guess at least on Clay, they got it all wrong.

At this point , all I can say is go Jenn!!!!!
My thoughts exactly. I think there's quite a bit of depth now, but the talking heads want to say, Venus and Serena are has-beens and the Belgians are out with injuries. Frankly, I think that takes consideration away from the women that are winning.

DeDe4925
Jun 2nd, 2004, 11:20 PM
:rolleyes: :tape:

I don't see what's so shocking... Maybe because both Williams lost?

Suarez over Sharapova? No surprises, Suarez is better on clay. The only reason Maria was claimed as the favourite is because of the hype.

Dementieva over Mauresmo? Not surprising one bit. It was expected Mauresmo would have problem against a top 10 player given her nerves.

Myskina over Venus... The only surprise of the day. Comparing their clay season results this year.

Capriati over Serena... Capriati just won 2 weeks ago against her; no reason why she can't do it again.
Have you decided this to be your stock post? How long did it take you to come up with it. :p Well, you should have spent more time. It's not worth the posting in four or five different threads. :lol:

Martian KC
Jun 2nd, 2004, 11:44 PM
I picked all four of them right.:haha: