PDA

View Full Version : Green paradise

humanity
Jun 2nd, 2004, 07:03 AM
The mini grasscourt season is coming. Let's talk about Mary's chances!

She will play, as you already know, in the Ordina Open and in Wimbledon.

A good finish is expected in Rosmalen, where she will be almost for sure seeded.

In Wimbledon, although seeded as well, is will depend on the draw.

Good luck!

morbidangle
Jun 2nd, 2004, 08:25 PM
looking at the entry list for Ordina Open, Mary is the fourth highest ranked player in the field. Justine and Petrova will be the top two seeds, and unless some higher ranked player decides to enter at the last moment, Mary should get the #4 seeding. So I hope she will atleast make it to the semis.

motta
Jun 2nd, 2004, 08:45 PM
I think Mary will do well in grass season because she did well in Wimbledon in the last 2 years. She is powerfull and her volley is nice so I gess she will have some good results in Ordina Open and Wimbledon.

BTW: Mary will probably be ranked 29th after RG.

Good luck Mary!!!!!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Piotrek
Jun 3rd, 2004, 03:40 PM
http://www.mary-pierce.org/Wimbledon_1999/wer%20(32).jpg

COME ON MARY !!! YOU ARE THE BEST !!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Piotrek
Jun 3rd, 2004, 03:41 PM
BTW: Mary will probably be ranked 29th after RG.

:

:) :) :)

saby
Jun 3rd, 2004, 04:53 PM
She lives in Holland now, maybe she knows better how to play on grass with a humid and cloody weather ;) :lol:

I just hope she will have fun and play like she wants to, (perhaps if she wins a tournament it will be fun either) :devil:

Good luck on grass Mary

:angel: :angel: :angel:

Mark Spruce
Jun 3rd, 2004, 07:09 PM
Best Of Luck Mary !!!!!!!!!

I never thought of that point Saby. You are very inteligent lady I think :hatoff:

take care

Mark

ali
Jun 3rd, 2004, 07:36 PM
I can't wait for the grass court season to start. Mary has had some good form at Wimbledon in the last couple of years. And I'll be there again this year, hopefully will get to see Mary :bounce:

Declan
Jun 5th, 2004, 06:39 AM
Yes, she said last year that she understands more as she's gotten older how to play on grass, and certainly her televised matches against Daniilidou and Raymond last year were a revelation; I'd never been so impressed with her all court game, even in her glory years.

mamno_MARYFAN
Jun 8th, 2004, 11:07 AM
Kool....its great to know that Mary will play in a warm-up tournament...

Hope she does well...:angel:

Go Mary!!!!!!!!:bounce:

Declan
Jun 8th, 2004, 12:27 PM
Kool....its great to know that Mary will play in a warm-up tournament...

Hope she does well...:angel:

Go Mary!!!!!!!!:bounce:

Even if she doesn't (do well) just playing on grass the week before Wimbledon increases her chances traditionally. The only two occasions she played at Eastbourne she had very good Wimbledons: in 1996 she lost in three sets to Spirlea at Eastbourne yet powered her way through to the Quarter-Finals at Wimbledon, (and was a set away from the semis) and in 2002 she lost to Sugiyama the week before but impressively beat Alicia Molik and Sandrine Testud at The Championships (before that inexplicable capitulation to Granville, which bugs me to this day!!). And of course her run to the Doubles final in Holland last year inspired her fantastic Wimbledon performances of a 6-0 6-0 win and then the elimination of two seeds!!

morbidangle
Jun 8th, 2004, 07:03 PM
Also, 1997 when she played Rosmalen and retired in the QF against Asa Carlson/Svenson. Went on the reach the fourt round, lost to Arantxa. That was a terrible match from Mary and I still haven't gotten over that loss!

Mark Spruce
Jun 8th, 2004, 08:16 PM
I am hoping that Mary might play doulbes again this year. To get even more games.

Mark

:hearts: Mary:hearts:

mamno_MARYFAN
Jun 9th, 2004, 11:20 AM
Emm...Mary should always play well on grass...she got the power...its just that in the past she wasn't really experienced yet...so now...with a more positive frame of mind...she should do well...:D

I'll always belive in Mary....:angel:

Go Mary!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce:

mamno_MARYFAN
Jun 9th, 2004, 11:41 AM
Even if she doesn't (do well) just playing on grass the week before Wimbledon increases her chances traditionally. The only two occasions she played at Eastbourne she had very good Wimbledons: in 1996 she lost in three sets to Spirlea at Eastbourne yet powered her way through to the Quarter-Finals at Wimbledon, (and was a set away from the semis) and in 2002 she lost to Sugiyama the week before but impressively beat Alicia Molik and Sandrine Testud at The Championships (before that inexplicable capitulation to Granville, which bugs me to this day!!). And of course her run to the Doubles final in Holland last year inspired her fantastic Wimbledon performances of a 6-0 6-0 win and then the elimination of two seeds!!
That's very encouraging....trust Mary perform badly in a warm-up tourniey and play well in Wimby!!!!:rolleyes:

But I agree with u ...that Granville loss in 2002 is very, very frustrating....and also that Serna loss in 2000....:mad:

Having said that....all prayers for Mary's Wimby season this year...a suprise quarterfinalist perhaps...or even more!!!!:angel:

Go Mary!!!!!!!!!!:bounce:

Piotrek
Jun 9th, 2004, 12:49 PM
I am hoping that Mary might play doulbes again this year. To get even more games.

Mark

:hearts: Mary:hearts:

I want Mary to play doubles this year with Stubbs or Petrova

Scotso
Jun 12th, 2004, 02:33 AM
Mary got a doubles wildcard with Golovin.

Wizzy Maryfan
Jun 12th, 2004, 07:52 AM
Mary got a doubles wildcard with Golovin.

Oh my god, poor Mary ! Tatiana is the worst double player I've ever seen !
At Roland Garros, Richard Gasquet were playing all the balls, to be sure to win the point ! :confused:

Tatiana has a bad serve, has a very awfull volley, so Mary will have to do all the work : Mary, alone against two other players :lol:
She will be so tired lol !

m_pierce fan
Jun 12th, 2004, 07:53 AM
Are ya sure Scotty ??

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYYYYYY!!!!
This is great!!
Allez girlzz!! :hearts: :hearts:

morbidangle
Jun 12th, 2004, 10:54 AM
OMG! I like Tati, but she is not good at doubles! Richard Gasquet had to do all the work at RG! I agree with Wizzy Mary fan , Mary is gonna be really tired!

Declan
Jun 12th, 2004, 12:56 PM
I've not seen Tatiana play doubles, but come on! She just won a Slam -surely no-one as bad as that could be carried to a major title???!

Maurice
Jun 12th, 2004, 01:47 PM
Allez Mary et Tati !!!:bounce:

mamno_MARYFAN
Jun 12th, 2004, 03:06 PM
Allez Mary et Tati !!!:bounce:
I've seen Golovin winning the French with Gasquet....she looks to be a solid baseliner but nothing special about her volleying...:rolleyes:

I dunno...perhaps they'll do well...I should hope so....:angel:

Go Mary!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce:

NicoMary
Jun 12th, 2004, 03:17 PM
Guys, i saw her at the open gf she wasn't that bad, she hit the ball very hard, good smash good forehand volley...Mary is a great double player, good training for Mary and good experience for Tatiana:wavey:

Scotso
Jun 12th, 2004, 03:27 PM
I'm sure, yes. I saw it on the Wimbledon site.

Nicoleke
Jun 12th, 2004, 04:47 PM
Oh my god, poor Mary ! Tatiana is the worst double player I've ever seen !
At Roland Garros, Richard Gasquet were playing all the balls, to be sure to win the point ! :confused:

Tatiana has a bad serve, has a very awfull volley, so Mary will have to do all the work : Mary, alone against two other players :lol:
She will be so tired lol !NO, I protest. Tatiana Golovin is really a good tennis player. She won the doubles mixed in Roland Garros this year.

Moreover, hse is good on grass. She is qualify for Birmingham final ;).

My two favourites tennis players together :hearts:. I'm really happy by this double :) :D :) :D ;) !!!!!