PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay and Eastbourne

PatM04
Jun 2nd, 2004, 04:48 AM
I was just wondering why Lindsay isn't playing in Easbourne this year??:confused: I know she is injured now but she isn't even on the original commitments and she is not listed on the website either. I always thought that she liked it so much there that she always played. I really think the title would be hers if she is healthy. The only three people standing in her way are Clijsters, Myskina, and Rubin. I know those are three extremely tough competitors but it will be Kim's first event back (we saw how the match in Berlin went), Lindsay can outhit Myskina on grass (or any surface for that matter) any day, and Chanda's comeback (the little one she has attempted) is in the dumps. I really think that if her knee is healthy she should enter to get some practice in and try to take the title. Your thought?

LindsayRocks89
Jun 2nd, 2004, 04:50 AM
i dont care what her next event is, i just want her healthy

- L i n a -
Jun 2nd, 2004, 05:01 AM
BOVINA would kick her ass again, anyway.

Smart move.

PatM04
Jun 2nd, 2004, 03:24 PM
BOVINA would kick her ass again, anyway.

Smart move.
Not the point of this thread but then again people on this board always turn everything into something negative.

!<blocparty>!
Jun 2nd, 2004, 03:33 PM
Well. i don't know, but I just hope she will be fit and ready for Wimbledon.

Andrew.
Jun 2nd, 2004, 05:04 PM
She actually said that she hated the tournament last year.

Bezz
Jun 2nd, 2004, 05:06 PM
She actually said that she hated the tournament last year.
I think she said the weather not the tournament :rolleyes:

Andrew.
Jun 2nd, 2004, 05:26 PM
I think she said the weather not the tournament :rolleyes:
No, I recall her specifically dissing the tournament itself.

LiliaLee-Frazier
Jun 2nd, 2004, 05:32 PM
Not the point of this thread but then again people on this board always turn everything into something negative.
Exactly what i am talking about. Allot of negative nellys on this board. :kiss:
I am a big fan of Lindsays and i hope she plays Eastborne. However...there is a slight silver lining if she does not play here...FRAZIER will make it into the main draw since she is the #1 seed in Qualifying . But i hope lindasy plays..maybe someone else will drop out .. lol :lol: :angel: :drool:

Bezz
Jun 2nd, 2004, 05:33 PM
No, I recall her specifically dissing the tournament itself.
What did she say?:confused:

Andrew.
Jun 2nd, 2004, 05:33 PM
Exactly what i am talking about. Allot of negative nellys on this board. :kiss:
I am a big fan of Lindsays and i hope she plays Eastborne. However...there is a slight silver lining if she does not play here...FRAZIER will make it into the main draw since she is the #1 seed in Qualifying . But i hope lindasy plays..maybe someone else will drop out .. lol :lol: :angel: :drool:
Lindsay is not on the entry list. If she played there, she would enter as a WC. Frazier would still be in qualifying.

LiliaLee-Frazier
Jun 2nd, 2004, 05:35 PM
Lindsay is not on the entry list. If she played there, she would enter as a WC. Frazier would still be in qualifying. Oh WELL...I STILL HOPE SHE PLAYS. But it does not look good at all. Eastborne should really expand there draws. To have players well inside the top 40 p lay Qualifying doesn't seem quite right :p

Andrew.
Jun 2nd, 2004, 05:45 PM
Oh WELL...I STILL HOPE SHE PLAYS. But it does not look good at all. Eastborne should really expand there draws. To have players well inside the top 40 p lay Qualifying doesn't seem quite right :p
Yes. It's like New Haven last year where Silvia Farina Elia played qualifying while ranked 21. :eek:

Nikki
Jun 2nd, 2004, 09:10 PM
I only ever remember her complaining about the weather, as it is on the coast. I personally think its a smart move as the last time she never played Eastbourne she won Wimbledon as she chose to prepare on grass courts in California.