PDA

View Full Version : Who will become French crowd darling for the rest of the tournament?

tenn_ace
Jun 2nd, 2004, 04:32 AM
since Amelie is out?

Sharapova's_Boy
Jun 2nd, 2004, 04:33 AM
J-Cap :p

tenn_ace
Jun 2nd, 2004, 04:34 AM
I think the only player who doesn't have a chance is Elena D.

IMO Jen has the best chance since French crowd knows her.

Diesel
Jun 2nd, 2004, 04:34 AM
Paola's my darling for the rest of the tournament!

ys
Jun 2nd, 2004, 04:35 AM
I think the only player who doesn't have a chance is Elena D.Elena D. is the only one out of the four who actually speaks French..

Greenout
Jun 2nd, 2004, 04:35 AM
I don't know; but Elena sort of won people over this week because she
does interviews in French. The crowd gave her a huge applause in
her match against Amelie. Elena didnt' get the negative treatment as
you would've expected, she was just too positive and joyful to be seen
as a someone to jump on.

So, I think the crowd will be sort of for the Capster and Elena; but there
was huge vocal South American contingent for Paola, and there were really
good toward Myskina too. It's just so different, I don't think there will
be any real negative booing or jeering toward any player.

Tennisace
Jun 2nd, 2004, 04:37 AM
Ironically it will be Capriati...hahaha the girl that they booed at in the first round :D

tenn_ace
Jun 2nd, 2004, 04:37 AM
but she did get booed on couple of occasions in that match... and she did beat Amelie. French crowd never forgets or forgives ;)

Sharapova's_Boy
Jun 2nd, 2004, 04:41 AM
I was really proud of the way Elena handled herself when they booed her for questioning a call, she kept her head up and went on with the next point. :D

So I guess if she gets on the right side of them early, she might be the darling :hearts: :p

Zhao
Jun 2nd, 2004, 05:23 AM
she's beaten Momo n so indirectly become the enemy of the French crowd

Jackson.
Jun 2nd, 2004, 05:27 AM
Jennifer, but I hope Elena or Anastasia :p

CooCooCachoo
Jun 2nd, 2004, 06:25 AM
Hopefully they will support Paola, but I think they will cheer for Jennifer more.

bubble
Jun 2nd, 2004, 08:11 AM
I was really proud of the way Elena handled herself when they booed her for questioning a call, she kept her head up and went on with the next point. :D

So I guess if she gets on the right side of them early, she might be the darling :hearts: :p
She even smiled on a few occasions when the crowd is booing... so positive in her attitude.... :worship:

-Em-
Jun 2nd, 2004, 08:55 AM
i wouldn't be that sure that Elena has no chances at all, actually i would pick her...she's a really lovely person, she behaves right,and as you said: she smiled at the crowd, when they were booing her...so i guess they're gonna support her!!!!!!!

:devil: :devil: :devil:

Vass22
Jun 2nd, 2004, 09:17 AM
Dementieva and J Cap have equal chances. If they play in the final, that is. Dementieva won Amelie, which should add some respect towards her. J cap is famous... That's about equal. Also, Dementieva is one of the Russians, which has been very well advertized...