PDA

View Full Version : Quotes of the day....

joaco
Jun 1st, 2004, 10:26 PM
Q. Getting this far in a tournament like this certainly entails a lot of sacrifices along the way - the training, long hours, the travel. What do you feel like you've really given up to advance to where you are right now?

PAOLA SUAREZ: Too many things. I mean, yeah, for me was really hard to be here, you know. I mean, I have to work a lot, practicing a lot, you know. I'm not the talent player, you know, like to play easy. Was hard work, you know, me and my coach and everybody.

Economic was tough for me, too, you know, because I didn't have the sponsor or the things. And for me this is a dream. I mean, you know, it's like three years before or whatever, the doubles was a dream. Everybody wants to be the No. 1. I'm happy that I can overcome all these things. Like I'm happy to be here with all these sacrifice, you know. I enjoy more.

AND

Q. Having finally gotten through against a player of Serena's caliber at a tournament like this, what's the overriding emotion for you?

JENNIFER CAPRIATI: It's just satisfaction. I mean, it's just really, you know, knowing that if you do work hard and you do really, you know, want something bad enough, and you do all the right things, that eventually they will come. And I guess this proves it to me, because it came, so...

I'm just -- I don't know, I'm just really happy.

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Joaco

flyingmachine
Jun 1st, 2004, 11:26 PM
It sounds like from the Cappy that beating Serena is better than sex. :tape:

joaco
Jun 2nd, 2004, 12:10 AM
It sounds like from the Cappy that beating Serena is better than sex. :tape:
Is that the first things that comes to your mind when reading that quote? :tape: