PDA

View Full Version : I cannot comprehend that either Suarez or Dementieva will be a Grand Slam FINALIST!

bmxbandit
Jun 1st, 2004, 08:30 PM
This is really getting freaky....

Stamp Paid
Jun 1st, 2004, 08:36 PM
Thats what happens when French tournament officials rig a draw so that their "national favorite" can have an easier shot at winning a title to bolster idiotic, nationalistic pride. Having Jennifer, Serena, and Venus in the same half of the draw is a waste of time and talent.

WorldWar24
Jun 1st, 2004, 08:38 PM
YES! AND THERE'S A 75% CHANCE WE'LL HAVE A NEW GRAND SLAM CHAMP :D

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

:bowdown:

Andrew.
Jun 1st, 2004, 08:39 PM
Thats what happens when French tournament officials rig a draw so that their "national favorite" can have an easier shot at winning a title to bolster idiotic, nationalistic pride. Having Jennifer, Serena, and Venus in the same half of the draw is a waste of time and talent.
They didn't "rig" anything. :rolleyes:

Stamp Paid
Jun 1st, 2004, 08:41 PM
They didn't "rig" anything. :rolleyes:
Thats just my crackpot theory! I wasn't being serious!

Lighten up people, both Venus and Serena are going back home to Florida w/o the title!! Relish in that!:lol:

DEETHELICK
Jun 1st, 2004, 08:50 PM
Suarez is a bit of a shock, however Elena was always touted as a great player, in the league of Jstine and Kim. Hell even those tow girls respect Elena highly as they know what she is capable of.

Elena is a top player, she just needed to put it together at a GS.... I hope this is it :)

Fingon
Jun 1st, 2004, 09:07 PM
YES! AND THERE'S A 75% CHANCE WE'LL HAVE A NEW GRAND SLAM CHAMP :D

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

:bowdown:
really? will them make a draw to find out the winner?

faboozadoo15
Jun 1st, 2004, 09:34 PM
u would be able to comprehend if u say how easily elena has dismissed two top 5 players in a row or if you saw how smart suarez played today... then again, maria have her 40 unforced errors out of her 55 points or so :rolleyes:

Martian Willow
Jun 1st, 2004, 09:38 PM
...Elena making the final isn't that much of a surprise, if she does... :)