PDA

View Full Version : Capriati Re The Williams Sisters Losing Today

lizchris
Jun 1st, 2004, 09:13 PM
"These days it's not really shocking (for the Williams sisters to lose)," Capriati said. "It's not that surprising. There's a lot of girls that have been playing a lot more tennis than they have. And I guess if anyone's going to really have a chance to beat them, it would be on the clay, which is a slower surface."

BTW, I'd be surprised to see her beat Venus, even if Venus wasn't 100%.

shap_half
Jun 1st, 2004, 09:15 PM
BTW, I'd be suprised to see you stop. :rolleyes:

CapFan#1
Jun 1st, 2004, 09:15 PM
Can you let it go for once????? Is that possible? Jen won, Venus sadly did not. LET IT GO...............

decemberlove
Jun 1st, 2004, 09:17 PM
whats wrong with what she said? its the truth

GoDominique
Jun 1st, 2004, 09:17 PM
:hysteric:

lizchris
Jun 1st, 2004, 09:18 PM
Can you let it go for once????? Is that possible? Jen won, Venus sadly did not. LET IT GO...............
When the players can just concentrate on their own wins, then yes.

She beat Serena today, not Venus.

Kart
Jun 1st, 2004, 09:21 PM
Well I agree with Jennifer - they've not played as much as others and clay is the place both are most likely to be defeated.

Still, I can understand people still being surprised when one of the sisters loses, there was a time (and it was not that long ago) when both were pretty much invincible. It's easy to hold them up to that standard and forget that they've both had a lot of injury to deal with.

Pinkie
Jun 1st, 2004, 09:23 PM

To be honest, watching both Serena and Venus play earlier in the tournament, I never got the impression either of them would win the tournament. Serena is not 100% match tough and Venus did not have her game like she did a few weeks ago (hindsight is 20/20, but I guess she did peak too soon).

lizchris
Well I agree with Jennifer - they've not played as much as others and clay is the place both are most likely to be defeated.

Still, I can understand people still being surprised when one of the sisters loses, there was a time (and it was not that long ago) when both were pretty much invincible. It's easy to hold them up to that standard and forget that they've both had a lot of injury to deal with.
I wasn't surprised that Serena lost because I knew she could lose because she didn't play that much on clay. The Venus loss suprised me, but she still has one of the bestW-L ratios this year. Hopefully she can win the USO or Wimbledon.

CapFan#1

Why dont you post the WHOLE interview then????:confused: Because all Jen did was answer a direct question about both players..... please let this go already......

HectorMagnus
Jun 1st, 2004, 09:24 PM
lizchris again :ras: :ras: :ras:

lizchris
Jun 1st, 2004, 09:26 PM
Why dont you post the WHOLE interview then????:confused: Because all Jen did was answer a direct question about both players..... please let this go already......
Because it is already posted.:rolleyes:

I took this from an article about the Williams sisters losing because believe it or not, that's one of the biggest stories in sports today, along with the LA Lakers going to the NBA final.

CapFan#1
Jun 1st, 2004, 09:27 PM
No one is sayin it is not a big story.... read the interview if it is already posted..... she answered a question about both players, not just serena........

lizchris
Jun 1st, 2004, 09:27 PM
lizchris again :ras: :ras: :ras:
Herpes agian.

You keep appearing at the worst time.:lol:

bandabou
Jun 1st, 2004, 09:28 PM
Relax, relax....Jen isnīt saying anything stupid or wrong there. If you are gonna beat a sister, itīs most probably gonna be on clay...and since Serena has only played like four or five clay matches before RG and is still finding her game back, it wasnīt that surprising she lost to Jen. Venus, I expected better.....she was in form, clay-titles, etc...but tja, everybody can have a bad day.

Cariaoke
Jun 1st, 2004, 09:29 PM
I want so badly to slap lizchris upside the head with my right tit but it's not worth the bruise from her hard head. :tape:

bandabou
Jun 1st, 2004, 09:30 PM
And maybe people should grasp this logic: The Williamses will probably never be as dominating as they have been till ī02. Their form is off and of course the field has closed the gap...no need to hold them to such high standards anymore.

lizchris
Jun 1st, 2004, 09:31 PM
Relax, relax....Jen isnīt saying anything stupid or wrong there. If you are gonna beat a sister, itīs most probably gonna be on clay...and since Serena has only played like four or five clay matches before RG and is still finding her game back, it wasnīt that surprising she lost to Jen. Venus, I expected better.....she was in form, clay-titles, etc...but tja, everybody can have a bad day.
Exactly.

People shouldn't act as if they aren't going to win again. What are people going to say when lose less than 10 matches in a year again? (It was only 2002 that her mother was complaining that we were going to have an all-Williams final agian at the USO, again.)

HectorMagnus
Jun 1st, 2004, 09:32 PM
Herpes agian.

You keep appearing at the worst time.:lol:

:ras:

Cappy :smooch: wonderful effort :banana: :yeah:

lizchris
I want so badly to slap lizchris upside the head with my right tit but it's not worth the bruise from her hard head. :tape:
I'd like to put my foot up your ass*** and rip you an new one but we can't all get what we want can we?

CapFan#1
From Jen's interview.....

Q. You obviously take just your next opponent, first of all. But how surprised were you that you didn't have to play both Serena and then Venus?

JENNIFER CAPRIATI: I mean, these days it's not really shocking, you know. It's not that surprising. There's a lot of girls that have been playing a lot more tennis than they have. And I guess if they're, you know -- anyone's gonna really have a chance to beat them, would be on the clay, which is, you know, little slower surface and, you know, the conditions.

I didn't see any of the match, obviously, because I was playing. But, you know, Myskina, she's a good player and she's consistent.

She answered a direct question about both sisters.. (resisting the urge to call you an idiot right now.....)

sartrista7

Ha! You just made me fall off my chair.

lizchris's bitterness just isn't stopping! And it's so funny!

lizchris
Jun 1st, 2004, 09:34 PM
From Jen's interview.....

Q. You obviously take just your next opponent, first of all. But how surprised were you that you didn't have to play both Serena and then Venus?

JENNIFER CAPRIATI: I mean, these days it's not really shocking, you know. It's not that surprising. There's a lot of girls that have been playing a lot more tennis than they have. And I guess if they're, you know -- anyone's gonna really have a chance to beat them, would be on the clay, which is, you know, little slower surface and, you know, the conditions.

I didn't see any of the match, obviously, because I was playing. But, you know, Myskina, she's a good player and she's consistent.

She answered a direct question about both sisters.. (resisting the urge to call you an idiot right now.....)
She could have avoided answering about Venus as she is no longer in the tournament.:rolleyes:

SJW
Jun 1st, 2004, 09:36 PM
wow. i think someone likes the attention :o

GoDominique
Jun 1st, 2004, 09:37 PM
:haha:

HectorMagnus
Jun 1st, 2004, 09:37 PM
She could have avoided answering about Venus as she is no longer in the tournament.:rolleyes:

Can you read??? I don't think so....What was the question and how did she answer? :rolleyes:

Cariaoke
Jun 1st, 2004, 09:38 PM
I'd like to put my foot up your ass*** and rip you an new one but we can't all get what we want can we?
I doubt you could do that since your head is so far up your OWN ass to be concerned with mine.

do you really need attention that bad? VENUS AND SERENA LOST TODAY. get over it, thx.

http://www.kthxbi.com/xmb/images/smilies/pacifire.gif

you are the most whiniest bitch I have ever seen on a message board and I'm tired of your nonsensical posts which amounts to bullshit.

I just wish you had more activities... but we all can't have what we want. :D

jack duckworth
:rolleyes: :)

lizchris
wow. i think someone likes the attention :o
If you don't want to give someoen attention, just ignore them.

I do it to alot of people on this board.

SJW
Jun 1st, 2004, 09:39 PM
is there a popcorn popping smilie?

Cariaoke
Jun 1st, 2004, 09:40 PM
http://www.kthxbi.com/xmb/images/smilies/movies.gif

there u go babe!

HectorMagnus
Jun 1st, 2004, 09:41 PM
it, thx.

:haha: :haha: you made my day rokkstarr :lol: :yeah:

sartrista7
Jun 1st, 2004, 09:41 PM
There are very few things which unite WTAWorld... among them:

"[insert local broadcasting network] sucks!"
"Can Roddick/Henman please hurry up and lose?"
"LIZCHRIS SHUT UP K THX"

lizchris
Jun 1st, 2004, 09:42 PM
I doubt you could do that since your head is so far up your OWN ass to be concerned with mine.

do you really need attention that bad? VENUS AND SERENA LOST TODAY. get over it, thx.

you are the most whiniest bitch I have ever seen on a message board and I'm tired of your nonsensical posts which amounts to bullshit.

I just wish you had more activities... but we all can't have what we want. :D
Maybe you don't understand something, this is a public message board and I can post mostlu anything I want, regardless of how shitty you think it is. If you don't fucking like it, don't read it or don't post, but you are just as dumb as some other people or like a dumn stray cat that has just been fed; you keep coming back.:rolleyes:

*JR*
Jun 1st, 2004, 09:43 PM
I hope you realize that your obstinate search for who's dissing either W/S when they do lose is even pissing Off Other loyalists of theirs (like Cari and Bandy ITT). Guess what? After RG, they'll STILL have won 10 of the last 19 Slams, not even subtracting those missed.

You want 100%. And if you got that, it would be a field day for racists like Danny talking about their "unfair advantage". Both are terrific players, but they are human beings, not Robocops! :rolleyes: Please accept this.... and for the reason above, be glad about it!

GoDominique
Jun 1st, 2004, 09:43 PM
Still waiting for lizchris' obligatory "if you think this thread is BS, then why are you posting in here?" post. :)

SJW
Jun 1st, 2004, 09:44 PM
There are very few things which unite WTAWorld... among them:

"[insert local broadcasting network] sucks!"
"Can Roddick/Henman please hurry up and lose?"
"LIZCHRIS SHUT UP K THX"
Eurosport DOES suck
Henman REALLY needs to hurry up and fuckin lose
Lizchris baits like a fisherman

i would say stop biting the bait, but Serena lost and Henman won, this is my only form of entertainment today :sobbing:

:)

Cariaoke
Jun 1st, 2004, 09:45 PM
Maybe you don't understand something, this is a public message board and I can post mostlu anything I want, regardless of how shitty you think it is. If you don't fucking like it, don't read it or don't post, but you are just as dumb as some other people or like a dumn stray cat that has just been fed; you keep coming back.:rolleyes:
well, dumb ass.

you're like a multiple car pile up on I-20; the first few cars I see is not as bad but when you approach the initial accident, it's a gotdamn shame.

you were fun to laugh at for, oh the first year you signed up. I enjoyed your lil post icons FOR EVERY FUCKIN SUBJECT ON EARTH! Then you lost your head. It was probably lost the minute you hit "register".

I'm gonna write Vee an email and get her to pray for you. :)

lizchris
Jun 1st, 2004, 09:50 PM
Eurosport DOES suck
Henman REALLY needs to hurry up and fuckin lose
Lizchris baits like a fisherman

i would say stop biting the bait, but Serena lost and Henman won, this is my only form of entertainment today :sobbing:

:)
You're the only one that gets it.

lizchris
Jun 1st, 2004, 09:51 PM
well, dumb ass.

you're like a multiple car pile up on I-20; the first few cars I see is not as bad but when you approach the initial accident, it's a gotdamn shame.

you were fun to laugh at for, oh the first year you signed up. I enjoyed your lil post icons FOR EVERY FUCKIN SUBJECT ON EARTH! Then you lost your head. It was probably lost the minute you hit "register".

Keep talking to yourself.

BWT, I am not a JW.

Cariaoke
Jun 1st, 2004, 09:51 PM
I hope you realize that your obstinate search for who's dissing either W/S when they do lose is even pissing Off Other loyalists of theirs (like Cari and Bandy ITT). Guess what? After RG, they'll STILL have won 10 of the last 19 Slams, not even subtracting those missed.

You want 100%. And if you got that, it would be a field day for racists like Danny talking about their "unfair advantage". Both are terrific players, but they are human beings, not Robocops! :rolleyes: Please accept this.... and for the reason above, be glad about it!
basically... :rolleyes:

Cariaoke
Jun 1st, 2004, 09:53 PM
Keep talking to yourself.

BWT, I am not a JW.
erm... I'm talking to you.

oh and you have to be a JW to get Venus to pray for you? your logic amazes.

*sits back at lizchris' tree of knowledge*

I shouldn't do that too long; i love my intelligence. :o

lizchris
Jun 1st, 2004, 09:55 PM
erm... I'm talking to you.

oh and you have to be a JW to get Venus to pray for you? your logic amazes.

*sits back at lizchris' tree of knowledge*

I shouldn't do that too long; i love my intelligence. :o
You can't love it too much it you are arguing with someone who you think isn't:mad:

jack duckworth
Jun 1st, 2004, 09:55 PM
lizchris is not a williamsfan:)....just a troublemaker

lizchris
Jun 1st, 2004, 09:57 PM
lizchris is not a williamsfan:)....just a troublemaker
Actually, I am.

I am not like Dawn Marie, but I am a big fan and I don't apologize for that.

At least I live in a country that has something to cheer for as far as women's tennis, unlike...

Cam'ron Giles
Jun 1st, 2004, 10:01 PM
You are STOOOOOOPPPPIIIIIIDDDDD...:lol:

Hit me upside my head with the left one purty please...:drool:

*abby*
Jun 1st, 2004, 10:01 PM
hey here in england we know the state of our womens tennis none of our women got past the first round at wimbledon noone even knows what they are doing tournament or rankings wise. we dont pretend we are good we know we are complete crap!!!we jst find it funny as we dont take things as seriously as some others......

Geri
Jun 1st, 2004, 10:04 PM
At least I live in a country that has something to cheer for as far as women's tennis, unlike...

:haha: God you are getting desperate now.

jack duckworth
Jun 1st, 2004, 10:06 PM
hehe..we have sarza:)

SJW
Jun 1st, 2004, 10:08 PM
Actually, I am.

I am not like Dawn Marie, but I am a big fan and I don't apologize for that.

i don't know what you are talking about, Elena Baltacha is the TRUTH :)

Martian Willow
Jun 1st, 2004, 10:09 PM
...we have a player in the semis, don't we...? :confused:

Martian Willow
Jun 1st, 2004, 10:10 PM
...oh she said womens, I look silly now... :)

Cam'ron Giles
Where is the addy that I requested? Next thing you gonna say that I am ignoring you...:rolleyes: You just cant please most women...:angel: :mad:

RainyDays
well, dumb ass.

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :spit: :spit:

Cari, I freaking love you.

Martian Willow
Jun 1st, 2004, 10:11 PM
...I could just delete that post, and then nobody would know... :)

lizchris
Jun 1st, 2004, 10:15 PM

I thought the object of being hit is that you had to feel it.:lol:

Cam'ron Giles
Jun 1st, 2004, 10:21 PM
I thought the object of being hit is that you had to feel it.:lol:
OHHHHHHHH...Cari's got big ones...it would prolly knock me out...:o

SJW
Jun 1st, 2004, 10:22 PM
Where is the addy that I requested? Next thing you gonna say that I am ignoring you...:rolleyes: You just cant please most women...:angel: :mad:
sent it, bitch :p

lizchris
Jun 1st, 2004, 10:27 PM
Who's that?

lizchris
Jun 1st, 2004, 10:28 PM
OHHHHHHHH...Cari's got big ones...it would prolly knock me out...:o
Oh, OK. I get it.

SJW
Jun 1st, 2004, 10:29 PM
Who's that?
the best thing since peanut butter

yes i stole your line Rebecca :)

Cariaoke
Jun 1st, 2004, 11:28 PM
You can't love it too much it you are arguing with someone who you think isn't:mad:
Every once in awhile I like to play with those beneath me. :kiss:

Cariaoke
Jun 1st, 2004, 11:31 PM

*SLAP!*

feel better, hun? :kiss: I could wrap both around your head if you'd like!

1jackson2001
Jun 1st, 2004, 11:33 PM
I don't see anything wrong with what Jen said. She said that she's not surprised that she doesn't have to play Venus next...because she isn't surprised that Venus lost. Clay is the sisters' worst surface and that is the truth. Jen didn't say anything rude.

Rocketta
Jun 1st, 2004, 11:59 PM
I for one appreciate the new diplomatic Jennifer....She has given Williams fans absolutely nothing to be upset about in quite a while...:yeah:

Liz, if you are this upset to find something negative out of that statement maybe you need a day's break from the board? :confused: I know it helped me in the past when I was upset over a loss of my fav.

Sam L
Jun 2nd, 2004, 12:10 AM
"These days it's not really shocking (for the Williams sisters to lose)," Capriati said. "It's not that surprising. There's a lot of girls that have been playing a lot more tennis than they have. And I guess if anyone's going to really have a chance to beat them, it would be on the clay, which is a slower surface."

Go Jen. 100% truth. And there's a lot of compliments for the sisters in those quotes.

jenny161185
Jun 2nd, 2004, 12:11 AM
exactly this is a stupid thread and Jen was just basically pointing out that if your going to beat a Williams sister its more likely to happen on clay - this is just looking for a reason to bash - Jen's too busy though, she's got a semi-final to prepare for :)

volta
Jun 2nd, 2004, 12:14 AM

Jenn also said that if you wanna beat the Sisters Clay tournaments are the bests to do it. and i agree with her. Jenn and Myskina played with the same strategy pass the balls to other side till they make an UE (they already said that they played that way) but in winbledon and hard courts if they gonna use this same strategy they will lose IMO.

lizchris
Jun 2nd, 2004, 12:53 AM
Go Jen. 100% truth. And there's a lot of compliments for the sisters in those quotes.
Are you going to predict who is going to win?

Because you predicted that the runner-up to American Idol was going to win.

Sam L
Jun 2nd, 2004, 01:01 AM
Are you going to predict who is going to win?

Because you predicted that the runner-up to American Idol was going to win.
Bitch get a life, what's American idol gotta do with this? :confused:

lizchris
Jun 2nd, 2004, 01:10 AM
Bitch get a life, what's American idol gotta do with this? :confused:
Meaning, stupid ass, that I hope your prediction about who is going to win the FO is better than what you predicted for American Idol.

I see you are still mad about who won on that show.:rolleyes:

*JR*
Jun 2nd, 2004, 01:22 AM
Meaning, stupid ass, that I hope your prediction about who is going to win the FO is better than what you predicted for American Idol.

How about Finally Facing my serious question instead of this "reciprocal flaming". Come Monday, the W/S Will have won the majority of the Slams Since Serena Started @ USO '99. So YES or NO:

Would you indeed prefer That They'd won all of them (18, not counting both missing the last USO) despite the inevitable racial stereotyping by the likes of Rat Dan that would have led to?

Sam L
Jun 2nd, 2004, 01:25 AM

I never predicted anyone to win the french open. :confused: I thought Venus might win but that's it. So yeah you're right I was wrong. :lol:

And I never predicted Diana to win. I said she MUST win, meaning I THINK she's the best and should win.

But in the end, she'll be a winner anyway. Remember Clay Aiken?

lizchris
Jun 2nd, 2004, 01:27 AM
How about Finally Facing my serious question instead of this "reciprocal flaming". Come Monday, the W/S Will have won the majority of the Slams Since Serena Started @ USO '99. So YES or NO:

Would you indeed prefer That They'd won all of them (18, not counting both missing the last USO) despite the inevitable racial stereotyping by the likes of Rat Dan that would have led to?
Of course when it comes to the Slams, the Williams sisters acocount for the majority of the Slams won since the 1999 USO. You can say that all day long, but what you will get from the critics and haters, especially if Jennifer wins on Saturday is that the sisters, especially Venus, are finished as far as winning Slams and that Venus has not won since the 2001 USO, though she has been good enough to get to four consecutive finals and last year's Wimbledon.

I wouldn't want them to win them all because that would be boring for me, even though I am a fan.

lizchris
Jun 2nd, 2004, 01:28 AM
I never predicted anyone to win the french open. :confused: I thought Venus might win but that's it. So yeah you're right I was wrong. :lol:

And I never predicted Diana to win. I said she MUST win, meaning I THINK she's the best and should win.

Remember Justin Guarini?

Cam'ron Giles
Jun 2nd, 2004, 01:28 AM
I hear what you're saying Jolly but yes...I would love it...screw the racial sterotypes...Racist will think what they want anyway...:p

lizchris
Jun 2nd, 2004, 01:29 AM

Remember Justin Guarini?

Sam L
Jun 2nd, 2004, 01:39 AM
Remember Justin Guarini?
Well we'll see. There's no use arguing over it now, and besides she's 16, how many more years does she have to achieve her dreams? :confused:

You know it just goes to show what a pathetic sad bitch you are that you're hatin on a 16 year old. :lol:

lizchris
Jun 2nd, 2004, 01:53 AM
Well we'll see. There's no use arguing over it now, and besides she's 16, how many more years does she have to achieve her dreams? :confused:

You know it just goes to show what a pathetic sad bitch you are that you're hatin on a 16 year old. :lol:
I am not hating on her; just telling the truth; she was the runner-up.

Mase
Jun 2nd, 2004, 01:55 AM
Sweet lord.

Veritas
Jun 2nd, 2004, 02:20 AM

I don't see why Jen should feel obliged to "avoid" answering any questions about Venus. She was asked about both sisters - why not just answer the questions about 'em?

And I don't understand - what is so insulting about the quote you posted anyway? Venus and Serena are very prominent figures on tour, and it's no secret that their least favourite surface is on clay. And what Jenn basically said is that Venus and Serena aren't 2002-invincible, which is true since both now aren't at the level of play they were almost a couple of years ago.

Sam L
Jun 2nd, 2004, 02:31 AM
I think Lizchris makes Dawn Marie looks intellectual and intelligent.
:haha:

RedFilaJ-Cap#1
Jun 2nd, 2004, 02:57 AM
YOu are a freaking idiot!!!! She was just answering a question and as of right now she is right!!!! The Williams sisters have not been doing shit lately. Not that they never will again, but Serena has not played a lot and Venus is just not all the way back yet. They are both great tennis players that are just not doing really good right now. It might help if Serena was a little more worried about tennis and not what outfit to wear next and stuff like that, but hey its up to her!!!

harloo
Jun 2nd, 2004, 02:59 AM
Damn Lizchris is getting under everyone's skin today. Look like she's doing a good job. LOL

Anyways, I really don't think what Jen said was bad. Jen has seemed to clean her nastiness up and she gets a thumbs up for that accomplishment. You know it use to be a time where she would use this opportunity to take a dig at the sisters, who knows what's gotten into her? ROTF!!!:lol:

Knizzle
Jun 2nd, 2004, 03:39 AM
I don't see anything wrong with Jen said. It's the truth. The sisters haven't played themselves back into dominating form, but the thing is, although they are not dominating now they once before played themselves into dominating form. They weren't always dominant so they definitely can get back there again.

Infiniti2001
Jun 2nd, 2004, 03:43 AM
Liz deserves all what she's getting. She will think before posting shit in the future :tape:

P.S. I ain't no Jen fan, but she did not say anything offensive :rolleyes:

Knizzle
Jun 2nd, 2004, 03:52 AM
I just read the whole thread and Lizchris needs a man. She is not getting enough love and attention. :hug:

SerialKiller#69
Jun 2nd, 2004, 05:05 AM
*sigh*

bigshow21
Jun 2nd, 2004, 05:20 AM
Jen did not say anything wrong. She was just stating a fact. After time both sisters will be back to normal...just like how it has taken time for Jen to get back to normal. Jen seems to be at her peak while the sisters arent at that level yet. I am just glad that Jen is playing great and having fun. This is her year!!!

lizchris
Jun 2nd, 2004, 01:59 PM
I just read the whole thread and Lizchris needs a man. She is not getting enough love and attention. :hug:
I get enough love and attention, thank you.

jacobruiz
Jun 2nd, 2004, 04:31 PM
Don't know or care about Lizchris's love life but everything Jenny has done and said lately is right on target!

Her new coach certainly seems to have helped her - Jenny's serve is better, she's been going to the net more, she doesn't rush play, and most of all, she plays with such confidence!

LOL at Stephano smiling in the stands! Maybe you should have let your daughter get another coach a few years ago, eh?:lol: And Denise! I guess we know where Jenny gets her facial expressions and speech from, you know!:lol:

Serena and Venus! Grass season is starting, cheer up!

And to my wonderful Jen - WIN IT ALL, BABY!!:bounce: :bounce: :hearts: :kiss: