PDA

View Full Version : LMAO, Elena D. compares Amelie's game to Smashnova's..

ys
Jun 1st, 2004, 09:08 PM
You know, I think my match against Smashnova gave me a lot of experience because I think Amelie is playing same game - maybe a little bit more aggressive, but it's kind of lobs and, you know, all this without speed balls.

I know it might be making some sense, still the comparison makes me lol..

Melly Flew Us
Jun 1st, 2004, 09:23 PM
it not funny, it's depressingly true.
girl needs to hit without topspin now and again

Dava
Jun 1st, 2004, 09:26 PM
yes Momo when nervous hits way to much topspin.

ys
Jun 1st, 2004, 09:30 PM
She could have made a better choice of words, even if English is not her first or even second language? Or was she actually interviewed in French and it is a double cross-translation? Something had to be lost in translation.. Otherwise I fail to believe that she could say, for instance, this..

And there is a very good moment right now with some injured players, you know, some players who maybe retired soon.

GoDominique
Jun 1st, 2004, 09:32 PM
She could have made a better choice of words, even if English is not her first or even second language? Or was she actually interviewed in French and it is a double cross-translation? Something had to be lost in translation.. Otherwise I fail to believe that she could say, for instance, this..

And there is a very good moment right now with some injured players, you know, some players who maybe retired soon.
Sounds like PierceCheng.

Bероника
Jun 2nd, 2004, 12:59 AM
that girl only sounds ridiculous,like her pathetic scream when she won...

slice
Jun 2nd, 2004, 02:58 AM

:haha:

and omg i cant believe either demented or suarez will make the final :rolleyes: who ever makes the final from the bottom half will win :bounce: go stefano or nastya :bounce:

esquímaux
Jun 2nd, 2004, 03:18 AM
Aha! So I wasn't the only one seeing some moonball action off her backhand side :hehehe:

thecatinthehat
Jun 2nd, 2004, 03:26 AM
IT was funny how the French people gasped every time MOMO hit a high topspin shot cause they thought it was gonna go out...when in reality it landed in big time.

Leo_DFP
Jun 2nd, 2004, 03:46 AM
She deserved to let out a scream. She played awesomely. Anyway, I find that Dementieva is usually reserved after big victories and doesn't let loose like that very often. Remember her wins over Davenport last year at Amelia and just a few days ago, and also her win over Venus in Miami this year - her reactions after match point weren't too extreme.

Sharapova's_Boy
Jun 2nd, 2004, 04:44 AM
But Amelie did play in some respects like Anna, many high moon balls and heavy topspin shots.

The only difference was that Amelie could occasionally hit a winner. ;)