PDA

View Full Version : What will it take for Myskina to make to the top?

DA FOREHAND
Jun 1st, 2004, 07:07 PM
Does she play doubles? If she got over her allergy to the net she could make some moves, also has to keep her head, she's quite fiery.

If Dem. had Myskina's serve she could be number one.

Andrew.
Jun 1st, 2004, 07:08 PM
No question in my mind that if Dementieva had a better serve she would be a threat for #1.

Spunky83
Jun 1st, 2004, 07:30 PM
If Dem. had Myskina's serve she could be number one.

Nastya doesn´t even have such a good serve... ;)

I don´t know, maybe she needs more consistency, she lost in Rome in the first match, but now she´s in the semis. She´s on her way, you can see that, but still, she definetly has to keep up her good spririt for a longer time period. Thank god, that she managed to keep her head up now and not throwing rackets and screaming after mishits so often...

Way to go!

Kart
Jun 1st, 2004, 07:35 PM
Consistency and self belief.

Although she's displaying more of both every time I see her play.

DA FOREHAND
Jun 1st, 2004, 07:39 PM
Nastya doesn´t even have such a good serve... ;)

I don´t know, maybe she needs more consistency, she lost in Rome in the first match, but now she´s in the semis. She´s on her way, you can see that, but still, she definetly has to keep up her good spririt for a longer time period. Thank god, that she managed to keep her head up now and not throwing rackets and screaming after mishits so often...

Way to go!
I'm well aware of that,...I'm saying Dem's serve only has to be that good for her to make it to the top.

shap_half
Jun 1st, 2004, 07:40 PM
Dementieva is very similar to Jennifer Capriati except Jen has the much better serve. They both have BIG forehands. Both of their backhands are steady although not spectacular and both can really pump up their backhands on opportune moments and both are good at the net. Elena really has a good net game and if she can improve her net play and really make her backhand even more deadly I can see her further in the Top 5. Elena's serve is a liability but today her serve was really much better than I've seen it in a long time. I think that Elena can very well be the French Open champion where serves are not the most important part of the game.

Anastasia Myskina needs to be more consistent. With consistency, I can see her playing all the QFs of the rest of the year. If she had been more consistent, Anastasia had a great chance in being the Year End Champion. She had chances against both Henin and Capriati and didn't capitalize. I think that Anastasia still loses too frequently to lower rank players. She needs to improve on her service and really make more advances to the net. She's got great feel and anticipation and making it to the net would prove to be an advatnage. She has the basics to make for a great all court game but instead she chooses to stay in the baseline! Her groundstrokes are great and her backhand to me is Top 5 (along JHH, V, Amelie, and Lindsay) and her forehand is quite steady. She just needs more consistency, better service, and more advances to the net.

Spunky83
Jun 1st, 2004, 08:33 PM
Anastasia Myskina needs to be more consistent. With consistency, I can see her playing all the QFs of the rest of the year. If she had been more consistent, Anastasia had a great chance in being the Year End Champion. She had chances against both Henin and Capriati and didn't capitalize. I think that Anastasia still loses too frequently to lower rank players. She needs to improve on her service and really make more advances to the net. She's got great feel and anticipation and making it to the net would prove to be an advatnage. She has the basics to make for a great all court game but instead she chooses to stay in the baseline! Her groundstrokes are great and her backhand to me is Top 5 (along JHH, V, Amelie, and Lindsay) and her forehand is quite steady. She just needs more consistency, better service, and more advances to the net.

Amen! :worship: