PDA

View Full Version : What the hell....

Joana
Jun 1st, 2004, 05:57 PM
happened today?
I just got home, turned on the TV and saw the results. WOW! :eek:
How did they all play?
Was Sharapova making many errors? Was Amelie nervous? How did Serena play?
And how on earth did Venus lose???

SJW
Jun 1st, 2004, 05:58 PM
:haha::haha:

to be honest, i don't have a clue what happened.

i'm not even sure if i'm awake :lol:

esquímaux
Jun 1st, 2004, 06:00 PM
:haha:@SJW :lol:

It's just claycourt tennis at it's best ;)

sartrista7
Jun 1st, 2004, 06:01 PM
Haha. This thread won't descend into arguing at all ;)

Saw the first set of Serena v Jenn. Terrible from both - brainless, error-strewn, panicky, awful, boring. Serena could barely hit two shots in a row into court. No idea how it panned out after that.

Nastya employed good tactics, took advantage of Venus's errors and the conditions, induced a lot of bad play from Venus, didn't let her either attack or defend - kept the rallies neutral.

Lena was simply awesome - hitting every groundstroke like a bullet, volleying with authority, even serving well :eek: Amélie was very inhibited, but Lena was battering her today.

Didn't see Masha v Paola, but I assume Paola spent the match annoying errors out of Sharapova with good tactics and variety, as was expected.

tfannis
Jun 1st, 2004, 06:03 PM
Well it is a somewhat surprising day ;) Now if Henman makes it to the semis of Roland Garros, I guess anything is possible :o

Oh btw :angel: Did anyone notice the Belgian spirit still floating around on center court...since when do Jen and Serena kiss at the net after a match? :confused:

Infiniti2001
Jun 1st, 2004, 06:04 PM
http://www.videohelp.com/forum/images/smiles/dropmouth.gif Shit indeed happens my friend :sad:

SJW
Jun 1st, 2004, 06:04 PM
Saw the first set of Serena v Jenn. Terrible from both - brainless, error-strewn, panicky, awful, boring. Serena could barely hit two shots in a row into court. No idea how it panned out after that.

second set...Serena meant business...started to play really well and cut down her errors, Jennifer didn't hit a winner at all in the second set. third set was just....:yawn: unpredictable, yet, a repeat of the first, and Jen managed to keep more balls in play than Serena.

Cariaoke
Jun 1st, 2004, 06:05 PM
Well it is a somewhat surprising day ;) Now if Henman makes it to the semis of Roland Garros, I guess anything is possible :o

Oh btw :angel: Did anyone notice the Belgian spirit still floating around on center court...since when do Jen and Serena kiss at the net after a match? :confused:
since two weeks ago in Rome. :)

SJW
Jun 1st, 2004, 06:05 PM
since when do Jen and Serena kiss at the net after a match? :confused:
since Serena is the one losing again :tape::lol:

did it in Rome too...maybe Serena doesn't mind losing to Jen as much as Jen minded losing to Serena :)

bmxbandit
Jun 1st, 2004, 06:06 PM

He's up 6-2 5-3 against a clay courter :lol:
Is Hewitt in his half? If so, imagine a Hewitt/Henman SF at RG!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

skanky~skanketta
Jun 1st, 2004, 06:06 PM
Haha. This thread won't descend into arguing at all ;)

Nastya employed good tactics, took advantage of Venus's errors and the conditions, induced a lot of bad play from Venus, didn't let her either attack or defend - kept the rallies neutral.

Lena was simply awesome - hitting every groundstroke like a bullet, volleying with authority, even serving well :eek: Amélie was very inhibited, but Lena was battering her today.

Didn't see Masha v Paola, but I assume Paola spent the match annoying errors out of Sharapova with good tactics and variety, as was expected.
i agree. i was surprised at how hard elena hits the ball!she didn't allow momo to move up to the net, her comfort zone.

paola played well. running well, but not too much variety. she cae to the net ONCE. then again, she didnt need to conjure up her magic cuz maria decided to hand over the match.

Mase
Jun 1st, 2004, 06:07 PM
They respect each other and thet know that everyone watches them when they play, so I guess thats why they started. They know what a special place they're going to have in WTA history. Is becoming Steffi/Martina like. I think its adorable! :hearts:

Fingon
Jun 1st, 2004, 06:08 PM

Go Tiger Tim :lol:

http://justine-henin.net/timhenman.jpg

Cariaoke
Jun 1st, 2004, 06:10 PM
OMG that is so wrong!

:haha: :lol:

bmxbandit
Jun 1st, 2004, 06:11 PM
OMG that is so wrong!

:haha: :lol:
What is? That pic or that he is one set away from a spot in SFs at RG? :p

esquímaux
Jun 1st, 2004, 06:12 PM

OMFG! Purr baby!!! :hearts:

SJW
Jun 1st, 2004, 06:14 PM
What is? That pic or that he is one set away from a spot in SFs at RG? :p
the fact that he's one set away from the SF

i hope Guillermo embarasses his ass. you have no idea how DUMB the English are getting. apparently, since Henman is winning, Chela is one of the best clay courters in the world :) he's good, but best? i can name many more :)

DelMonte
Jun 1st, 2004, 06:15 PM
http://www.videohelp.com/forum/images/smiles/dropmouth.gif Shit indeed happens my friend :sad:

:haha: :haha: :haha:

tfannis
Jun 1st, 2004, 06:16 PM
He's up 6-2 5-3 against a clay courter :lol:
Is Hewitt in his half? If so, imagine a Hewitt/Henman SF at RG!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
Damn :retard:
Hewitt is not in his half...Tim probably has to play Coria...if he wins that, tennis is lost ;) I'm still digesting the fact that Tim came out of Andre's quarter, now he's even making it to the semis. Deer oh deer :eek: What will Sue say when Wimbledon starts :help:

Oh cool...Rena and Jen did it in Rome too? :lol: I thought it was a European thing to do :scratch: I remember Kim having to convince (read 'pull opponent over the net') her oponnents to kiss a few years ago lol :smooch:

DelMonte
Jun 1st, 2004, 06:17 PM
Go Tiger Tim :lol:

Oh Gawd, if Tiger Tim wins this match (and it looks like he will), the hype in tomorrow's papers will be UNBEARABLE!!!

SJW
Jun 1st, 2004, 06:17 PM
I remember Kim having to convince (read 'pull opponent over the net') her oponnents to kiss a few years ago lol :smooch:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

omg i can imagine that! Kimmy :hearts:

SharapovaKixA$$
Jun 1st, 2004, 06:19 PM
Go Elena!

arn
Jun 1st, 2004, 06:25 PM
Damn :retard:

Oh cool...Rena and Jen did it in Rome too? :lol: I thought it was a European thing to do :scratch: I remember Kim having to convince (read 'pull opponent over the net') her oponnents to kiss a few years ago lol :smooch:
Well, All great champions brought something new to the game; Kim's contribution is players kissing at the net after the match! :D ;)

bmxbandit
Jun 1st, 2004, 06:53 PM
Henman in the semis :)

LMAO

sartrista7
Jun 1st, 2004, 07:11 PM
OH MY GOD the Henperson in the semis is going to overshadow my Nastya :fiery: :fiery:

Slumpsova
Jun 1st, 2004, 07:25 PM
my heart keeps saying what if Kim didn't injure. it's definitely her trophy.:o :sad: