PDA

View Full Version : Will Amelie ever be able to win RG???

-Em-
Jun 1st, 2004, 05:50 PM
It's like the same old song...every year she plays great before RG, then she plays very good in the tournament, and then suddenly something goes wrong...
she was my favourite this year (as well as last year, etc...)
well, probably she'll be my favourite next year as well (that's what fans are for ;) )

but today i seem to lose my hope...will she ever win at her home soil???

anyway: ALLEZ AMELIE!!!!!!

:devil: :devil: :devil:

spec7er
Jun 1st, 2004, 05:59 PM
I think she'll win it at one point in her career. But I would bet that she'd get the AO title first before she gets this. I think she did handle the pressure better than she did before. This of course is considering that the pressure she had was more than that of last year. More people expected her to win this year's RG.

The last time she had an amazing run at the clay courts before RG, she lost in the 1st round. Although she just equaled her best performance, I think it is more of a step forward.

She really needs to be more aggressive. She is just so defensive in this tournament. She needs to attack and step it up. And usually this is hampered by the pressure and expectations laid on her. I would expect her to win this when no one would really expect her to win it. She's one of the best claycourt players out there, so her chances on clay are quite good.

Mariangelina
Jun 1st, 2004, 07:06 PM
She'll win it IF she wins another Slam first. She needs to know she can do it before she does it here, IMO. But this is her best performance ever here, and I think we're seeing slow progress.

But she looked devastated. :sad:

Tryphon
Jun 1st, 2004, 07:27 PM
She's not gonna have such an "easy" draw every year.

Better concentrate on the 3 other slams, where she already reached the semis...

dais
Jun 1st, 2004, 07:40 PM
I feel so sorry for Amélie, however, up and "attem" for Wimbledon.

Allez Amélie!!! :hearts:

Havok
Jun 1st, 2004, 07:42 PM
I think she never will, I don't know why she doesn't feed off the crowds, she plays like an idiot when it comes down to the big matches at RG

Jem
Jun 1st, 2004, 07:43 PM
No slams for Amelie -- she's too much of a head case and too oft injured.

Bероника
Jun 1st, 2004, 07:46 PM
Allez Momo!!!!! Better Luck In Wimbledon!!!!