PDA

View Full Version : Where is Ms. 'Weak Service'??

grmbl
Jun 1st, 2004, 04:54 PM
Elena is serving so well today.. Strange... :wavey: :D

esquímaux
Jun 1st, 2004, 04:55 PM
The first couple of games she had a different grunt, and I like who the hell is that :eek: I thought it was Sharapova :lol:

Havok
Jun 1st, 2004, 05:39 PM
It helps when you have a weak returner of serve in Amelie:p

foreva lindsay
Jun 1st, 2004, 05:40 PM
damn i wish lindsay played better in the last match if she'd have won she would have beaten amelie for sure :(

DEETHELICK
Jun 1st, 2004, 06:22 PM
Lindsay was injured, so its better she didnt play. And even when Lindsay herself insisted she was okay, still lost a 6-1 set to Elena.

Elena always seems to raise her game against the big guns, and she fought well today playing solid tennis.

And her serve was great, she just needs to get consistency and she can be a huge threat! :)

Ted of Teds Tennis
Jun 1st, 2004, 06:39 PM
Mary Carillo was suggesting that Dementieva's serve was too predictable -- it kept going to the same side. (IIRC, Amélie's backhand)

*Jool*
Jun 1st, 2004, 07:02 PM
Elena has surprised me a lot today, she served quite well, broke Amélie a few times and played so great !! I was really impressed by her powerful shots ! Great win Elena .
(Actually, I'm relieved aftre thi swin bc the fact she destroyed Lindsay seemed really weird to me, but now that she also defeated Amélie...)

ys
Jun 1st, 2004, 07:07 PM
Mary Carillo was suggesting that Dementieva's serve was too predictable -- it kept going to the same side. (IIRC, Amélie's backhand)
I thought she served to Amelie'e BH exactly 0 times during all match..

esquímaux
Jun 1st, 2004, 07:10 PM
Yeah ALL of her serves went to the forehand side. I still cannot believe her ball toss :eek: It goes directly to her right and it appears as though she *slaps* it sideways:eek: