PDA

View Full Version : jen and myskina played well to win

rada
Jun 1st, 2004, 04:12 PM
im sick off ppl making it out like the only reason jen and myskina won is that the sisters were playing bad......cap and myskina played well every point is there to be won

Quote:
"How long until Serena gets her whole game together? Especially with that knee."LOL she shouldn't play if she isnt 100%

good wins to cap and myskina;)

whorehand
Jun 1st, 2004, 04:19 PM
I completely agree. Even though it was obvious the sisters weren't playing their best tennis, both Jen and Anastasia chose the right tactics to get their wins. Especially Myskina, if she had tried to blast winners past Venus, she wouldn't have won. Instead getting the ball deep frustrated venus enough to produce the error.

jack duckworth
Jun 1st, 2004, 07:47 PM
i agree with you 100%:)....im so pleased that Anastasia won today....shes such a hard working professional:)...and i hope this gives her just that little peice of confidence she lacks:)

hollywood7172
Jun 1st, 2004, 07:52 PM
actually, i think most fans have been very mature about todays' results.

the williams girls did seem like they were not their usual selves today, this i can't deny. but were they not their best because of themselves or because of their opponents? it's moot to argue.

women's tennis is exciting again. that's the most important.

shap_half
Jun 1st, 2004, 07:54 PM
most fans is the case. i can name a few who have been highly immature.

Smackie
Jun 1st, 2004, 08:31 PM
ElenaD too. Just watched the highlights. I thought it was Amelie's nerves. But in fact, imo, it was Elena who gave her best shots. Amelie was a little bit nervous but Elena did whatever she could to stop Amelie to do her stuff.

The masha/paola match was another story. Maria just wasn't there at all and Paola was ready for every ball, thus the result. Same applies to venus/nastya match. Venus was in Ju's birthday party.

Just watched the highlights of jen/rena match too. Jen did really well to stay focus even after the match point replay. Very well play.

No credit should be taken away from the winners today.

bandabou
Jun 1st, 2004, 08:32 PM
Noo, the girls played well....no denying that. Iīm a Williams-fan, but I have no problem saying that. Havenīt seen the Venus match, but saw the whole Serena vs Jennifer match...and Jen played well. She deserved the win...I thought there was something hampering Serena in the third-set, but she said herself she was fine, so. Totally deserved.

DA FOREHAND
Jun 1st, 2004, 08:59 PM
I completely agree. Even though it was obvious the sisters weren't playing their best tennis, both Jen and Anastasia chose the right tactics to get their wins. Especially Myskina, if she had tried to blast winners past Venus, she wouldn't have won. Instead getting the ball deep frustrated venus enough to produce the error.
I agree w/this statement...Myskina played the right tactics, and stuck w/the let her make the mistakes gameplan.

Jennifer played well.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jun 1st, 2004, 09:02 PM
im sick off ppl making it out like the only reason jen and myskina won is that the sisters were playing bad......cap and myskina played well every point is there to be won

Quote:
"How long until Serena gets her whole game together? Especially with that knee."LOL she shouldn't play if she isnt 100%

good wins to cap and myskina;)
of course they played well! To close out a match you have to play well. Did venus and serena play well? Sometimes but it wasn't enough. You cant play 70% like serena said once and beat the top ten players. Its not going to happen.

Venus had her chances to even things up to 5 5 in the second but blew three breakpoints.

jen and serena can always go either way so that one isnt an issue.

DA FOREHAND
Jun 1st, 2004, 09:04 PM
Three backhand errors...the shot that usually saves her ass

thelittlestelf
Jun 1st, 2004, 09:04 PM
Anastasia played wonderful and intelligent tennis today. Jen played some amazing tennis as well. However, you've got to admit that both of their opponents played horribly. I hope the sisters prepare better for Wimbledon. I'd hate to see an upset there.

The Lena D vs. Amelie match was actually quite different. Elena played great out there and I didn't really even think Amelie was playing that bad... Elena was literally the better player out there today. What a great tournament for all the semi-finalists!

StarDuvallGrant
Jun 1st, 2004, 09:26 PM
I'm sick of people who don't read thoroughly posts and read into them what they want to read.

I'm not sure if it's others, and it seems specifically Williams fans, that you want them to bow down and praise Jen and Myskina to the ends of the earth? There are plenty of posts and threads congratulating Jen and Anastasia on their wins, but it seems the troublesome posts are the ones which dare to even comment or note some of the bad play by either Venus or Serena. What a crime.

It never ceases to amaze me that the posts and posters that are congratulatory are always ignored and yet the few if any posts that can be interpreted as negative or not positive enough are used as an example of the whole days posting and reaction of Williams fans. I despise that willful bias and action that in it's falseness and generalization is used to cause problems by people who probably wouldn't be satisfed if every single Williams fan at this board spoke glowingly for pages about Jen and Myskina's win.