PDA

View Full Version : OMG I am going to kill BBC

wongqks
Jun 1st, 2004, 12:28 PM
Yes, you guess it, they know they have no chance in showing Tim, and therefore they are showing.

'Rachel and the Stranger' a black and white movie

:mad: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Johno_uk
Jun 1st, 2004, 12:32 PM
Grrrr. For f's sake i would quite happily have watched Jenn vs Serena, two former world no.1 s, two former champions but nooooo, I'm sure this shitty movie will get at least 5 viewers. geez.

DelMonte
Jun 1st, 2004, 12:35 PM
that's the BBC for you...it's Timmy or nothing. no in between. :rolleyes:

wongqks
Jun 1st, 2004, 12:43 PM
I remember they use to show women semis as well. It sucks so bad, I am going to complain, not that it will help :rolleyes:

BBC got coverage for every f**king matches in all grand slam and they show none of it and rather dig out some 60 years old movie. I just don't get it, it is not that they will pay extra to show those matches!!! I find it difficult to believe that they will get more viewers from showing rachel and stranger or whatever crap it is than showing french Open quarterfinal with Serena and Jennifer in it especially it is getting so close to Wimbledon. Also the commentators are in the studio already for sure coz they were getting ready for the Tim's match. I was getting ready to watch Tim's match, at least some tennis will be on and hoping that they may have to show a little bit of women tennis before the match start.. arghhh....

foreva lindsay
Jun 1st, 2004, 12:45 PM
they are shit, they really are. i dont even wanna see tim. y cant they show any matches? it probs makes sue barker feel jealous coz she was never and would never be as good as any of the women players of today ;)

SpikeyAidanm
Jun 1st, 2004, 12:46 PM
Some of you need to calm down, last full match I saw on TV was back in January ;) :)

wongqks
Jun 1st, 2004, 12:47 PM
hey that is the same as me, Justine vs Kim

fammmmedspin
Jun 1st, 2004, 12:47 PM
The only foreigners the BBC likes are those nice EU leaders, any American who dislikes Bush and those nice cuddly dictators who give us interviews. Its hardly surprising they won't show 2 US tennis players (or two Russians)

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 1st, 2004, 12:51 PM
BBC used to show womens semis cos they used to have cricket
and when it rained there, they used to goto Paris

best best better
Jun 1st, 2004, 01:52 PM
I think they actually CAN'T show other matches... because they buy the rights bit by bit. So basically they just bought Tim's match and that's it.

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 1st, 2004, 01:58 PM
BBC has the rights to ALL of RG and AUS OPEN
but they only show Finals and bits and pieces at weekends
plus Henman when they feel like :o

DelMonte
Jun 1st, 2004, 02:03 PM

God, that makes it even worse!! Bloody Beeb's!

And then the commentators always complain about the lack of young British talent!! Seems to me the more you show tennis on TV, the more likely it is that kids will get interested in the sport and actually start playing. The more people play, the bigger the chance the someone really good will emerge!

xan
Jun 1st, 2004, 02:07 PM
e-mail the Beeb. That's the only answer. Ley them know how we feel!

Grachka
Jun 1st, 2004, 02:09 PM

I could actually understand it if they actually put something that was wildly popular on instead, but they put on such shite. They are losing all these great sports (like F1) because they are so crap at showing them. Give Aussie and French Opens to ITV :o.

Hey, never mind. They had a "Gamewatch" game-by-game blow of Capriati-Serena on BBC Sport Online :tape: