PDA

View Full Version : Tut! Rain Delay - But it's over now, let the matches begin.....

!<blocparty>!
Jun 1st, 2004, 11:05 AM
The start of play has been halted by Rain! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! They are now showing REAPEAT of y'day's match between Safin Nalbandian, which we have already seen, they could have used this to show some of the womens 4th roung matches!

God I h8 Eurosport.

bandabou
Jun 1st, 2004, 11:06 AM
Man, man.....not again!!! :fiery:

Dava
Jun 1st, 2004, 11:06 AM
I know, but I overslept was a bit releaved :o

Tennisfan-Mtl
Jun 1st, 2004, 11:09 AM
Is it supposed to be raining all day ? Any forecast ??

:fiery:

per4ever
Jun 1st, 2004, 11:10 AM
The start of play has been halted by Rain! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! They are now showing REAPEAT of y'day's match between Safin Nalbandian, which we have already seen, they could have used this to show some of the womens 4th roung matches!

God I h8 Eurosport.
jeez be glad you have eurosport!!!!!

V-MAC
Jun 1st, 2004, 11:28 AM
:mad: I can't believe it!! I sacrificed alot in order to be able to watch the quarter-finals today and what do I get? rain and repeat of marit/david match:( Judging by the live pics Eurosport showed a while ago of Roland Garros, I wouldn't be surprised if the rain lasts all day.It really looks very miserable there and the rain don't look like its just a quick shower,more heavy persistant rain.Still we better think of poor Sam Smith who has come all the way over from London supposing to commentate on the quarters,looks like a wasted journey for her. Just for the record, the weather where I am is lovely today,I'd even swap it for the rain at RG right now so we could get some play:o

!<blocparty>!
Jun 1st, 2004, 11:32 AM
Well, the rain here in Wales is just as bad old Pari. Damp, overcast, miserbale.

croat123
Jun 1st, 2004, 11:32 AM
espn is showing canine athletics :help: and if you think i'm kidding check yourself :help:

"Sluggy"
Jun 1st, 2004, 11:33 AM
Well it is barely raining in Paris. Just tiny little occasional drops. My colleagues boss just left to go to RG with a client. REally we should be happy to have perfect weather for the qualifiers and perfect weather up til now.

Avid Merrion
Jun 1st, 2004, 11:33 AM
espn is showing canine athletics :help: and if you think i'm kidding check yourself :help:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tennisfan-Mtl
Jun 1st, 2004, 11:34 AM
Well it is barely raining in Paris. Just tiny little occasional drops. My colleagues boss just left to go to RG with a client. REally we should be happy to have perfect weather for the qualifiers and perfect weather up til now.

Merci :) C'est encourageant ;)

Tennisfan-Mtl
Jun 1st, 2004, 11:35 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

watrat
Jun 1st, 2004, 11:37 AM
On wtatour.com it's posted that the maches would not start before 13:00. Lets hope the weather is getting better, there. :bounce:

Tennisfan-Mtl
Jun 1st, 2004, 11:38 AM
On wtatour.com it's posted that the maches would not start before 13:00. Lets hope the weather is getting better, there. :bounce:

We surely hope so !!! I want TENNIS :D

Rachel_Aus
Jun 1st, 2004, 11:41 AM
Here in Oz we are being subjected to Tim Henman...! *shudder* I had to get away!! Give me canine athletics anyday!! ;)

Tennisfan-Mtl
Jun 1st, 2004, 11:42 AM
Here in Oz we are being subjected to Tim Henman...! *shudder* I had to get away!! Give me canine athletics anyday!! ;)

:yeah:

V-MAC
Jun 1st, 2004, 11:45 AM
Whats the betting if it is still rainnig come 12,Eurosport will either (a) continue to show Marit/David match, (b) show another mens' match from yesterday or (c) show Tim's 'heoric' 4th-round match:o

DelMonte
Jun 1st, 2004, 11:56 AM

What on earth is canine athletics????

Greenout
Jun 1st, 2004, 12:00 PM
I can't believe it! They're showing "Canine Atheletics" here to!!!!!!

Wait. No...sorry. It's just a Henman match. The bad snaggle tooth
sort of mislead me. No it's tennis, men's tennis. ;)

Tennisfan-Mtl
Jun 1st, 2004, 12:00 PM
Hi Greenout :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

croat123
Jun 1st, 2004, 12:08 PM
as long as jen vs. serena is more than 50 minutes long we'll get to see some of it live on espn :)

croat123
Jun 1st, 2004, 12:09 PM
What on earth is canine athletics????
there are dogs doing the long jump

DelMonte
Jun 1st, 2004, 12:12 PM
there are dogs doing the long jump

oh my god, you are kidding!!! :lol: What the hell?? 1) why would anyone train their dog to do long jump????, and 2) why would anyone want to see that sorta thing on TV?????

MADNESS!

Vass22
Jun 1st, 2004, 12:13 PM
I wish all the rain from Roland Garros and heading there (including for tomorrow and after that) would come to Dubai...

I was just bored stiff watching Henman repeat and it seems that the arabic sports channel isn't patient enough to show tennis. They'll show football live. On no.

venus_envy
Jun 1st, 2004, 12:16 PM

I wonder if I can get my dog to do that stuff? :lol: :lol:

DelMonte
Jun 1st, 2004, 12:19 PM
the first of the QFs has started....god, i am so nervous, i feel slighty sick-- please win your match today, venus!!! :)

"Sluggy"
Jun 1st, 2004, 01:39 PM
Steady misty light drizzle in Midtown Paris as we speak.

Mrs. Peel
Jun 1st, 2004, 01:45 PM
oh blast it!!!! how long is this suppossed to last?!?!?! :o

WF4EVER
Jun 1st, 2004, 01:47 PM
oh blast it!!!! how long is this suppossed to last?!?!?! :o
I really would like to know. I'm at work and I have to call someone to start recording for me. Does anyone have any idea how long this delay is expected to last?

jenglisbe
Jun 1st, 2004, 01:54 PM
For real, does anyone know how long this current delay is predicted to last?

turt
Jun 1st, 2004, 02:04 PM
15:01 LENGLEN: Anastasia Myskina and Venus Williams come out onto court under dark skies...

14:59 OUTSIDE COURTS: While the covers come off on the show courts, there is no sign of action on the 17 other courts, used for doubles, junior and legends tournaments

14:54 CHATRIER: The covers come off on the main show-court...

14:49 LENGLEN: Action on the 1920s champion court... the covers are being taken off!

turt
Jun 1st, 2004, 02:06 PM
15:05 CHATRIER: Serena Williams and Jennifer Capriati walk out onto court for the third time... hopefully their match can be completed without further delay

15:04 LENGLEN: Myskina and Venus Williams begin their warm-up...

15:03 CHATRIER: Almost prepared to championship standard... more and more fans are filling the centre court

WF4EVER
Jun 1st, 2004, 02:11 PM
So what are the geniusees at ESPN going to do if Venus/Myskina starts? Are they going to stop and show this match or continue showing a match that ended more than half hour ago?

jenglisbe
turt - thanks for the updates!

Mase
Myskina and V are playing, its 15-0 Myskina now...

turt
Jun 1st, 2004, 02:12 PM
turt - thanks for the updates!
you're welcome :)

I'll go and see the Serena-Jenn match on TV now ;)

:wavey:

turt
Jun 1st, 2004, 04:45 PM
17:44 CHATRIER: Play about to resume

17:39 CHATRIER: Players are back in the court ... For how long?