PDA

View Full Version : Venus gets time to relax before quarterfinal match(Day 8 Diary)

Knizzle
Jun 1st, 2004, 04:06 AM
Venus gets time to relax before quarterfinal match While in Paris for the French Open, American Venus Williams will send e-mails to USA TODAY describing her various daily experiences throughout the event.

To: USA TODAY readers

Subject: Spin cycle

"I spent (Monday) doing what is best for me at this stage of the tournament: practicing, resting and laundry. I had a particularly wonderful practice, and that's just what I needed before the quarterfinals (Venus faces No. 6 Anastasia Myskina today). I always do laundry in the second weeks of Grand Slams because it relaxes me. I went over to the local coin laundry, threw in my load and let it spin. I read my book and listened to the hum of the machines and for some reason it just puts me in the right frame of mind. Next door to the laundry I discovered a boutique with funky glasses, sunglasses and great jewelry. Of course I found so many things that I wanted, but I only brought enough money with me to wash and dry my laundry. Oh well, maybe it was for the best.

darrinbaker00
Jun 1st, 2004, 04:10 AM
Is that it? That can't be it. Please tell me there's more. ;)

Foot_Fault
Jun 1st, 2004, 04:13 AM
Glad to hear of a good practice. what happen to day 5-7...:sad:

Knizzle
Jun 1st, 2004, 04:13 AM
Is that it? That can't be it. Please tell me there's more. ;)
Usually there is a longer version of these exclusively for members of her website on the site, but it's not up as of yet. The USA Today one just came up not too long ago.

Infiniti2001
Jun 1st, 2004, 04:16 AM
I always do laundry in the second weeks of Grand Slams because it relaxes me.

Damn!! I don't mind doing laundry, but it's far from relaxing :lol:

xr6turbo
Jun 1st, 2004, 04:20 AM
Damn!! I don't mind doing laundry, but it's far from relaxing :lol:

:lol: :p

LindsayRocks89
Jun 1st, 2004, 04:41 AM
Venus :hearts:

servenrichie
Jun 1st, 2004, 09:14 AM
Damn!! I don't mind doing laundry, but it's far from relaxing :lol:Trust me Infiniti, if you dont really have to do it yourself, but choose to do it all the same, it can be relaxing:lol:

anton
Jun 1st, 2004, 09:19 AM
Her dryer must dry fast because waiting on clothes to dry is not fun:lol:

dreamgoddess099
Jun 1st, 2004, 10:39 AM
Just imagine Venus setting in a coin laundry washing, drying, and folding her clothes while people just stare at her. :lol: I wonder if anybody pointed at her and said "Negrita." I'm sure the first thing people think of when they see Venus is little black girl. Anyway, the nerve of her to sit in a coin laundry washing her own clothes instead of paying someone else to do it for her when she know she has the money to do so. Damn she's so arrogant and only thinks about herself. :fiery:

V-MAC
Jun 1st, 2004, 11:54 AM
wow :hearts: Venus even makes mundane things such as visiting the laundry sound compelling!!love it when she says how the hum of the machines put her in the "right frame of mind". you know I think Venus would make an awesome novelist.she seems to be a real thinker and has a great imagination.she already writes poetry so I guess a novel is probably already in the pipeline:) is there any end to this girl's talents??!!