PDA

View Full Version : I need some advice about the quarterfinals tomorrow

moon
May 31st, 2004, 08:27 PM
I want to tape the Venus vs. Myskina match tomorrow, but I can only tape espn or espn2. If they show the match live, then it will come on espn 2. But they may go with Rena vs. Jen first and make pretend that's live :rolleyes:, then show Venus and Myskina later on espn. Out of all the quarterfinals tomorrow, this is the one I care about the most, and I'm scared to death I'm going to miss it.

what do you guys think? espn2 from 8 - 12, or espn from 12 - 3?

ps--there is NO CHANCE that I could take the day off from work tomorrow. I've already missed days this past month, plus I won't be in on Thursday.

Foot_Fault
May 31st, 2004, 08:45 PM
well, I will Tivo Both, You tape ESPN 2, b/c coverage starts at 8am but in Paris it will be 2pm. So not sure, if Venus' match would be over by then, if Sharapova eases through Saurez.

So if you happen to miss, My Wifey, Queen Venus Williams, I will make the tape for you and bring it over that evening. It's up to you though..

SJW
May 31st, 2004, 08:52 PM
i don't get why seeing Serena vs Jen is such a bad second choice, but, to each their own ;)

i would come up with some useful advice...but i've hardly seen any women's tennis so far this RG, so i'm a bit bitter :)

moon
May 31st, 2004, 08:55 PM
i don't get why seeing Serena vs Jen is such a bad second choice, but, to each their own ;)
it's not a bad second choice, but I've NEVER seen Venus play Myskina. but I've seen Jen vs. Serena about umpteen times (or so it seems ;))

SJW
May 31st, 2004, 08:57 PM
it's not a bad second choice, but I've NEVER seen Venus play Myskina. but I've seen Jen vs. Serena about umpteen times (or so it seems ;))
this much is true, i would love to see Venus/Nastya, but after going through Henmania on Eurosport the past 7 days, i'm kinda eager for ANY decent women's match....it's like complaining about the temperature of water to someone who has gone without it for a week :lol::)

Jericho
May 31st, 2004, 09:23 PM
I have been having the same problem all week moon...i have to figure something out soon

Mase
May 31st, 2004, 09:27 PM
Well Im assuming they are going to show Jen and Serena first... Its the first match of the day an dit sthe most hyped. They'll probably just play the beginning of it and then if its still going on just tape the end and show it to us as 'live.' Plus its the most hyped match so, thats my thought..

Jericho
May 31st, 2004, 09:36 PM
so do you suggest taping espn?

Venus Forever
May 31st, 2004, 09:44 PM
I'd ask someone else to tape the other channel.

Otherwise, I'd bet she'd be on ESPN. They'll probably show all of the Quarterfinal matches.

They'll probably show Sharapova vs. Suarez first, then Serena vs. Capriati on ESPN2, then when they move over to ESPN, they'll play Venus vs. Myskina, and then Mauresmo vs. Dementieva.

That's just how I think they'll do it, but ESPN is a mystery.

grif
Jun 1st, 2004, 12:17 AM
ESPN's website says that they will show Venus at 8:00 AM on ESPN2 and Serena at noon on ESPN

CC
Jun 1st, 2004, 02:33 AM
Someone said I could set the VCR to tape on both channels and it switches on its own.

Knizzle
Jun 1st, 2004, 02:36 AM
I'd go for the Serena/Capriati because it's guaranteed to be there at 12 o'clock. We don't know that Venus' match will start at 8 am est or what will happen.

Dawn Marie
Jun 1st, 2004, 02:44 AM
Hi Moon.:)

I would tape ESPN from 8-12 because ESPN states that they are going to go with Vee at that time. Now of course she could end up on ESPN2 but since ESPN has it running with the tinker, I would take my chances there.

Hopefully ESPN stinks to their guns.:)

Knizzle
Jun 1st, 2004, 02:47 AM
Hey moon, I have an idea. Does your cable box have a sleep timer type deal?? If so you should be able to set your TV to switch to a certain channel at a certain time. My TV has a timer that I can set for the channel to switch at a certain time. Your cable box may have one also.

BigTennisFan
Jun 1st, 2004, 04:14 AM
I want to tape the Venus vs. Myskina match tomorrow, but I can only tape espn or espn2. If they show the match live, then it will come on espn 2. But they may go with Rena vs. Jen first and make pretend that's live :rolleyes:, then show Venus and Myskina later on espn. Out of all the quarterfinals tomorrow, this is the one I care about the most, and I'm scared to death I'm going to miss it.

what do you guys think? espn2 from 8 - 12, or espn from 12 - 3?

ps--there is NO CHANCE that I could take the day off from work tomorrow. I've already missed days this past month, plus I won't be in on Thursday.

I have two televisions and two VCRs. So I'm covered. :bounce:

henree
Jun 1st, 2004, 07:16 AM
Why can't you tape the espn2 match first then the espn matches 2nd. They are not played at the same time. One station ends coverage while the other begins coverage. Does your vcr allow you to program it. All you need is an 8 hour tape..

decemberlove
Jun 1st, 2004, 07:19 AM

i would come up with some useful advice...but i've hardly seen any women's tennis so far this RG, so i'm a bit bitter :)
well . thats all ive seen . the same matches about three times over . want to trade? :)