PDA

View Full Version : I never thought I would think this but I hope Venus loses to Myskina

cool bird
May 31st, 2004, 08:43 PM
I love Venus and am a fan of hers. But I have to say I hate all Williams sisters matches, It not enjoyable the tennis is always shit. And you feel so much for both girls out there.
Plus no matter who win the fans start to all kick off with each other.
The reason I want Venus to lose and not Serena is the fact that I like Myskina a lot.
But Jen for some reason gets on my nerves, And i don't want to watch her any longer then I have to.

Well there it is im sure that all the Venus fans will start calling me a hater but that how I feel. Its not like Venus will never have a chance at the french agin. And hopeful Serena will be in the other draw.

volta
May 31st, 2004, 08:47 PM
i hope they both win. well their Aussie Open Final is their best match. the problem is that Venus canīt see Serena as an oponent she always sees Serena as her sister. Serena doesnīt do that. thatīs why Serena screams and plays like sheīs playing against others. but i really want Vee to win the match and the tournament. and she "needs" to beat Serena to gain some cofidence back.

moon
May 31st, 2004, 08:52 PM
It's been almost a year since the last All Sister matchup, and alot has happened to their family since then. If they matchup it's hard to tell what might happen. Their matches were getting better. Will the upward trend continue? Will they regress because of Yetunde's death? Don't forget Serena is still a lil rusty. For all we know Vee has gotten over the Baby Sis component. We really don't know what could happen IF they end up playing each other.

ps--I think Rena is more likely to lose than Venus.

darrinbaker00
May 31st, 2004, 08:53 PM
I love Venus and am a fan of hers. But I have to say I hate all Williams sisters matches, It not enjoyable the tennis is always shit. And you feel so much for both girls out there.
The reason I want Venus to lose and not Serena is the fact that I like Myskina a lot.
But Jen for some reason gets on my nerves, And i don't want to watch her any longer then I have to.

Well there it is im sure that all the Venus fans will start calling me a hater but that how I feel. Its not like Venus will never have a chance at the french agin. And hopeful Serena will be in the other draw.
I respectfully suggest that you find something else to watch Thursday, because it's going to happen. ;)

cool bird
May 31st, 2004, 08:58 PM
It's been almost a year since the last All Sister matchup, and alot has happened to their family since then. If they matchup it's hard to tell what might happen. Their matches were getting better. Will the upward trend continue? Will they regress because of Yetunde's death? Don't forget Serena is still a lil rusty. For all we know Vee has gotten over the Baby Sis component. We really don't know what could happen IF they end up playing each other.

ps--I think Rena is more likely to lose than Venus.

I agree but I don't know maybe its just uneasy to watch for me. If it does happen then all im gonna hope for is a good match, with both girls playing well.

SJW
May 31st, 2004, 08:59 PM
i don't like the sisters playing for the simple reason i'm left in a trance. if i do get into it, i root for one, then root for the other to catch up, etc etc. it sucks having your two faves play each other. in Australia, i only watched the first set between Marat and Roger before i couldn't take anymore :(

finals are not as bad, because both of them have got as far as possible, but should they play this semi, i'm not all that sure if i'll watch it. i'll tape it live, and maybe watch it after, but maybe if they play on thursday, i'll go do something else like study.

of course, Jennifer and Nastya may beat them and that'll be even worse :(

also, if they play on thurs, i'm staying off the board. whoever loses will get a lot of shit, and maybe whoever wins also.

cool bird
May 31st, 2004, 09:10 PM
i don't like the sisters playing for the simple reason i'm left in a trance. if i do get into it, i root for one, then root for the other to catch up, etc etc. it sucks having your two faves play each other. in Australia, i only watched the first set between Marat and Roger before i couldn't take anymore :(

finals are not as bad, because both of them have got as far as possible, but should they play this semi, i'm not all that sure if i'll watch it. i'll tape it live, and maybe watch it after, but maybe if they play on thursday, i'll go do something else like study.

also, if they play on thurs, i'm staying off the board. whoever loses will get a lot of shit, and maybe whoever wins also.

You have got it spot on SJW. That is just how i feel.

- L i n a -
May 31st, 2004, 09:17 PM
I don't like the sistahs playing, because the matches always suck... and it turns into a little family show.

I like Tennis, not Full House.

tennisIlove09
May 31st, 2004, 09:18 PM
My only hope that if they do play, they both play 100%, which has never happened. I would say "may the better player win", but the better player never wins...because Venus was the better player in Paris 02, Aussie 03, WB 03...and she lost.

Infiniti2001
May 31st, 2004, 10:29 PM
http://members.fortunecity.com/pannye80/0cf5e640.gif

Make it HAPPEN!!!!

tennisIlove09
May 31st, 2004, 10:30 PM
BTW, if you like both sisters...why would you want Venus to lose? Seems to me "Williams Fans" should want Venus to win since it's been awhile since she's won a major. Not so with serena :(

SJW
May 31st, 2004, 10:33 PM
BTW, if you like both sisters...why would you want Venus to lose? Seems to me "Williams Fans" should want Venus to win since it's been awhile since she's won a major. Not so with serena :(
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cool bird
May 31st, 2004, 10:33 PM
Becuse I don't really like Jen Cap and the less I have to see of her the better.
But I dont mind Myskina in fact she is one of my faves and I would love to her win a slam at some point in her career.

Venus Forever
May 31st, 2004, 10:39 PM
You're not a fan if you are rooting against the player you "like."

Besides, how do you expect the meetings to get better between them if they never face each other??

SJW
May 31st, 2004, 10:40 PM
You're not a fan if you are rooting against the player you "like."

so how would u suggest if 2 of ur faves were playing and you wanted one to win? :confused:

i root against players i like :lol:

i like Nastya and Jennifer...tomorrow, that won't matter.

Cariaoke
May 31st, 2004, 10:41 PM
BTW, if you like both sisters...why would you want Venus to lose? Seems to me "Williams Fans" should want Venus to win since it's been awhile since she's won a major. Not so with serenahmmm... seems like "Williams Fans" would want a good, stellar match between both sisters and give KUDOS to whoever won and not make up bullshit excuses such as:

1) Vee is the better player and mentally gave it away
2) Serena is mean and doesn't care about her sister cuz she beats her all the time

But, yanno, I'm only a "Serena" fan so what do I know.

I do hope that if Serena can't win it, that Venus does. Vice versa.

fried_beans
May 31st, 2004, 10:42 PM
I think the fact that it's a semi changes everything and I think Venus might take this one. She is probably sick of losing.

tennisIlove09
May 31st, 2004, 10:42 PM
hmmm... seems like "Williams Fans" would want a good, stellar match between both sisters and give KUDOS to whoever won and not make up bullshit excuses such as:

2) Serena is mean and doesn't care about her sister cuz she beats her all the time

Odd how views change from 2002 until now ;)

Cariaoke
May 31st, 2004, 10:45 PM
it's not odd to me, cuz i still feel that way.

in my heart, I think Vee will win this title... I hope so.

if she loses to Serena, I hope it's a good match. she almost pulled it off at Wimby. almost...

SJW
May 31st, 2004, 10:45 PM
hmmm... seems like "Williams Fans" would want a good, stellar match between both sisters and give KUDOS to whoever won and not make up bullshit excuses such as:

right. should they meet in the semis, could i care less who won? not at all. all i know is that person better go kick ass in the finals. vamos :bounce:

cool bird
May 31st, 2004, 10:46 PM
See they have'nt even got there yet and already some of you are kicking off betwwen yourselfs.

SJW
May 31st, 2004, 10:46 PM

if she loses to Serena, I hope it's a good match. she almost pulled it off at Wimby. almost...
that's funny, cuz i've got a feeling Masha is set to make history, and you know how my dreams be comin' true recently :tape::cool:

Venus Forever
May 31st, 2004, 10:47 PM
so how would u suggest if 2 of ur faves were playing and you wanted one to win? :confused:

i root against players i like :lol:

i like Nastya and Jennifer...tomorrow, that won't matter.
The fave I like more I would root for.

It's one thing if she actually likes Myskina better, but she makes it seem that she likes Venus better, but just doesn't want her to win solely because of meeting Serena.

tennisIlove09
May 31st, 2004, 10:47 PM

Right...but you and a few others were signing another tune in 2002. Miami 02 and French 02 it was all "It's Serena's Turn"...not that it's clearly Vee's turn it's "I don't care, as long as it's a good match"

Let the double standards continue... :o

SJW
May 31st, 2004, 10:50 PM
The fave I like more I would root for.

It's one thing if she actually likes Myskina better, but she makes it seem that she likes Venus better, but just doesn't want her to win solely because of meeting Serena.
oh ok...me too...but sometimes that leads me rooting against the player i like less :scratch::retard:

volta
May 31st, 2004, 10:50 PM

LOL. that happens to me 2. i always though that they were one. iīs just stupid LOL cuz everytime i saw Venus or Serena play i always though that they were the same person LOL my uncle was the one that "opened my eyes" and said "they are 2 and they are sisters" LOL. but that was in 98. i love them both but i really wish Vee to win cuz like i said before she needs to prove to herself that she can win Serena again. and if she wins againts Serena she will get the RG and all 2004 GS IMO.

tennisIlove09
May 31st, 2004, 10:51 PM
oh ok...me too...but sometimes that leads me rooting against the player i like less :scratch::retard:
Makes sense to me. You end up rooting for who ever is down at the point :)

Jericho
May 31st, 2004, 10:51 PM
cool bird, you have said more heinous things about Venus in the past so I'm not surprised that you, a "venus fan" *pukes*, want Venus to lose :rolleyes:

Cariaoke
May 31st, 2004, 10:55 PM
Right...but you and a few others were signing another tune in 2002. Miami 02 and French 02 it was all "It's Serena's Turn"...not that it's clearly Vee's turn it's "I don't care, as long as it's a good match"

Let the double standards continue... :o
it's not a double standard! ROFLMAO!

you and the other Venus fans were like "Vee's the best and she'll show lil sis" and BAM she lost how many times in a row? Serena leads it 7-5. Back then, Serena had only ONE GRAND SLAM to Venus' FOUR. Now, Serena has caught up. YAY! Now maybe Vee can. But FIRST AND FOREMOST, I want a good match, that way I can be happy with the result EITHER WAY. If Venus is active and not looking lost as she usually does when she loses, I can be alright with her losing. The same with Serena. I don't wanna hear a bunch of "no's" if she loses.

I don't think that's a hard concept to grasp.

SJW
May 31st, 2004, 10:56 PM
Makes sense to me. You end up rooting for who ever is down at the point :)
not necessarily. like, Alicia Molik faced Nastya in the first round...i like Nastya but i'm like :hearts: over Alicia all the time...love her almost as much as i love the sisters...so during the match, i'd be like "go Alicia!" but if Nastya made an error, that would be ok too....same with Sveta and Nastya...wanted Sveta to win, but the fact Nastya did doesnt kill me. in fact, i'm happy she's made it to the QF.

SJW
May 31st, 2004, 10:57 PM
cool bird, you have said more heinous things about Venus in the past so I'm not surprised that you, a "venus fan" *pukes*, want Venus to lose :rolleyes:
actually, i can't speak much, cuz i wanted Jen to lose so she wouldnt face Serena. i'm a bitch, i know :sobbing:

LindsayRocks89
May 31st, 2004, 10:58 PM
I personally want Venus to win the whole thing, with her playing Jen or Serena in the semis(i love them both and can't decide) and then i want her to play Maria in the finals

tennisIlove09
May 31st, 2004, 11:03 PM
it's not a double standard! ROFLMAO!

you and the other Venus fans were like "Vee's the best and she'll show lil sis" and BAM she lost how many times in a row? Serena leads it 7-5. Back then, Serena had only ONE GRAND SLAM to Venus' FOUR. Now, Serena has caught up. YAY! Now maybe Vee can. But FIRST AND FOREMOST, I want a good match, that way I can be happy with the result EITHER WAY. If Venus is active and not looking lost as she usually does when she loses, I can be alright with her losing. The same with Serena. I don't wanna hear a bunch of "no's" if she loses.

I don't think that's a hard concept to grasp.
Had Serena beaten Venus, playing a good match it would have been a different story. But when Venus rolls over and doesn't even put up a fight, it was pathetic. It still is.

It is a double standard...and that's not hard to grasp either ;)

SJW
May 31st, 2004, 11:07 PM
like i said, this shit happens too much when the sisters AREN'T playing, i'm not gonna even bother to see how it is if they do play on thurs.

i just hope that if they do play, the Venus fans or Bandabou can keep classy depending on who wins :)

tennisIlove09
May 31st, 2004, 11:08 PM
I should clarify that just the first two were walkovers by Vee...Miami and Paris :)

Sarah, if they play I won't watch :)

cool bird
May 31st, 2004, 11:08 PM
Who are you to say who is a fan of some one or not. just becuse I dont go mad every time some one says something negative about Venus does not mean I dont enjoy watching her play. Some of you are so far up your own asses it makes me sick. Nobody is allowed have a opion on the Williams sisters if it is slightly negative.

No I dont want Venus to win for the pure fact that I hate William Williams match up. If it was any one eles I would be rooting for Venus all the way. But it not any one eles its her sister some one she has grown up with. And it does not matter how many times they play each other it is never going to be a enjoyble thing to watch. Or I say on there part to win. Becuses at the end of the day how can you enjoy taking away some one dream with whom you love so much. And that what Venus was trying to get across when she beat Serena at the US Open two years ago.

So i for one would find it a lot easier for her to lose tomorrow then have to go out there at the SF and have to play a crap match in front of a crap crowed. Who will prob Boo at every chance they get.

joao
May 31st, 2004, 11:11 PM
I hope both Venus and Serena will win their QF but OTOH, I'd like to see also a Venus-Capriati SF ... it's been too long since those 2 have played against each other. But what would be better? Myskina-Capriati? Myskina-Serena? Venus-Serena or Venus-Capriati? Tennis-wise, I think we should all want to see Venus in that SF ... a Venus-Serena or Venus-Capriati match-up will be a lot more competitive than a Myskina vs whoever one ... but that's me ...

Cariaoke
May 31st, 2004, 11:18 PM
Had Serena beaten Venus, playing a good match it would have been a different story. But when Venus rolls over and doesn't even put up a fight, it was pathetic. It still is.

It is a double standard...and that's not hard to grasp either ;)
i said it isn't, so it isn't.

next...

Cariaoke
May 31st, 2004, 11:21 PM
Who are you to say who is a fan of some one or not. just becuse I dont go mad every time some one says something negative about Venus does not mean I dont enjoy watching her play. Some of you are so far up your own asses it makes me sick. Nobody is allowed have a opion on the Williams sisters if it is slightly negative.

No I dont want Venus to win for the pure fact that I hate William Williams match up. If it was any one eles I would be rooting for Venus all the way. But it not any one eles its her sister some one she has grown up with. And it does not matter how many times they play each other it is never going to be a enjoyble thing to watch. Or I say on there part to win. Becuses at the end of the day how can you enjoy taking away some one dream with whom you love so much. And that what Venus was trying to get across when she beat Serena at the US Open two years ago.

So i for one would find it a lot easier for her to lose tomorrow then have to go out there at the SF and have to play a crap match in front of a crap crowed. Who will prob Boo at every chance they get.
so Venus should lose so she won't get booed? :scratch:

If she loses purposely, I'll fly to France myself and boo her.

SJW
May 31st, 2004, 11:22 PM
in some ways i agree for the simple fact that not being an ass licker has had people accusing me of not being a fan in the past.

if they make a mistake, i'll say that they've made a mistake. before i used to be careful when criticising them, but now i say what i feel and fuck the "they can do no wrong" attitude. IMO, the only people who are perfect are me and my baby :hearts:;)

bandabou
May 31st, 2004, 11:26 PM
I just donīt get the: Venus rolled over for Serena to win stuff when Serena started to win, but Venus was just plain better when she was winning?! Thatīs crazy stuff! These girls are too evenly matched for either of them to lose to the other 5 times in a row. Itīs either BOTH rolled over for the other or BOTH were better than the other at the time of the domination. Simple.

You wanna tell me Venus was playing better at Wimbledon ī00 and how about the ī01 u.s. open?! Serena destroys Hingis in the SF and then she canīt hold the ball in court against Venus?!

Venus Forever
May 31st, 2004, 11:32 PM

Would a fan root against someone just because they dread another match-up??

It makes no sense. You supposedly like Venus better, but you're rooting against her, not because you want to see Myskina win or stop struggling, but because you don't want to see another match because of its level of play in the PAST. It just makes no sense.

If you're a fan, you root for that player no matter what over any other player you don't like as much, otherwise you're just not that great of a fan, and are rooting for them just for the sheer joy of it. Maybe you root for her because she wins a lot, I don't know, but from my standpoint, you don't root against one of your faves just because she may face someone else and the tennis may not be all that great.

I just don't understand that. If you like her so much, you would root for her to turn all of that "unenjoyable" tennis around.

Besides, how do you know what the level of play will be?? For all we know, it may be the greatest match EVER. You do know that things don't always remain as they were in the past??

Jericho
May 31st, 2004, 11:34 PM
You wanna tell me Venus was playing better at Wimbledon ī00 and how about the ī01 u.s. open?! Serena destroys Hingis in the SF and then she canīt hold the ball in court against Venus?!
Serena wasn't playing opponents as good as Venus was at Wimbledon and same as the US Open...Hingis was already on the way down

Venus Forever
May 31st, 2004, 11:35 PM
I just donīt get the: Venus rolled over for Serena to win stuff when Serena started to win, but Venus was just plain better when she was winning?! Thatīs crazy stuff! These girls are too evenly matched for either of them to lose to the other 5 times in a row. Itīs either BOTH rolled over for the other or BOTH were better than the other at the time of the domination. Simple.

It's ALWAYS mental between the both of them.

Neither win the match, one always loses.

cool bird
May 31st, 2004, 11:40 PM
so Venus should lose so she won't get booed? :scratch:

If she loses purposely, I'll fly to France myself and boo her.

When did I say at any point that Venus should throw the match.
Venus has never gone out and given less than 100% every time she plays thats one of the reason I respect her. But there will be a lot of people on the day who will boo just bescuses it seems fun.
And Im sure both sisters could not give a rats ass. Which is good for them but For as a fan watching it is not enjoyable

vettipooh
May 31st, 2004, 11:41 PM
http://members.fortunecity.com/pannye80/0cf5e640.gif

Make it HAPPEN!!!! Really cool,Infiniti.How do you do that??:)

cool bird
May 31st, 2004, 11:43 PM
Ok Venus fan you make a fair point there. But you know what Maybe we can say that we are just different types of fan. Maybe I have a life outside of the Williams sisters and you maybe don't

SJW
May 31st, 2004, 11:45 PM
Serena wasn't playing opponents as good as Venus was at Wimbledon and same as the US Open...Hingis was already on the way downWimby yes, V had the better but USO, Serena faced Justine Linzi and Martina and Venus faced Kim and Jennifer. :) could be argued Jen had 2 slams while Kim had made the F of the FO, but Linzi and Martina were ranked 1 and 3 and were 8 times slam champs ;)

bandabou
May 31st, 2004, 11:46 PM
It's ALWAYS mental between the both of them.

Neither win the match, one always loses.

Uhum...getting the feeling that maybe thursday is gonna be the first match when one atually BEATS the other.

VS Fan
May 31st, 2004, 11:48 PM
Those who say Venus collapses in the presence of her sister as an opponent, I have to ask, WHAT allowed her to WIN FIVE of their first SIX meeting in tournament play??
Venus loss in this period was not even a sanctioned WTA event. (Grand Slam Cup 1999).

What happened to change this??? I think it is more likely that it was SERENA that was holding back, until see could see that Venus was just another opponent on the court.

After saying that, I think Venus has a good chance of winning, should they meet in the Semis.

bandabou
May 31st, 2004, 11:49 PM
Serena wasn't playing opponents as good as Venus was at Wimbledon and same as the US Open...Hingis was already on the way down

Just like when Venus crushing some Fernandez girl at the ī02 French Open, Serena was busy beating defending champion Jennifer in the SFīs...

Venus Forever
May 31st, 2004, 11:58 PM
Those who say Venus collapses in the presence of her sister as an opponent, I have to ask, WHAT allowed her to WIN FIVE of their first SIX meeting in tournament play??
Venus loss in this period was not even a sanctioned WTA event. (Grand Slam Cup 1999).

What happened to change this??? I think it is more likely that it was SERENA that was holding back, until see could see that Venus was just another opponent on the court.

After saying that, I think Venus has a good chance of winning, should they meet in the Semis.
Venus won the first string of matches because of Serena's poor mental state.

US Open 2001 changed it all in the mental aspects of both. Venus was clearly distraught in seeing Serena's reaction of losing, and Serena was clearly angered and became more determined.

Venus Forever
May 31st, 2004, 11:58 PM
Uhum...getting the feeling that maybe thursday is gonna be the first match when one atually BEATS the other.
Hopefully

tennisIlove09
Jun 1st, 2004, 12:00 AM

None of those 5 were in a major final. The look on Venus' face after the 01 US Open said it all. She had to TELL Serena that she loved her after, and she said it didn't even feel like a win.

Add in Serena was near tears...it all got to Venus.

What happens the next time they play? Venus doesn't show up (literally), barely moves to get any balls back, barely plays Serena at all...and it's a 2-6 2-6 result.

And the next time they play? Venus has the second worst serving day of her life (02 Miami was the first) and loses in two ugly sets.

The 01 Open changed Venus. I've said that since the beginning. From that point until Wimbledon last year, it was more important for Serena to win then Venus win.

Venus Forever
Jun 1st, 2004, 12:01 AM
Ok Venus fan you make a fair point there. But you know what Maybe we can say that we are just different types of fan. Maybe I have a life outside of the Williams sisters and you maybe don't
We are two different types of fan. I'm a Venus fan first, everyone else second.

You're a fickle fan. You root for a player based on whatever reasons you have, not just because you like them the most.

I say you're not a "true" fan in the sense that you are not a diehard fan. Your faves change, or your opinions of your faves change. You pick who you want to win on the moment of the match. I always know who I am going to root for time and time again.

SJW
Jun 1st, 2004, 12:02 AM
to be honest, the way Venus was playing in 02 miami vs the way Serena was playing, if Venus won, i think there'd be REAL Qs :o

tennisIlove09
Jun 1st, 2004, 12:03 AM
to be honest, the way Venus was playing in 02 miami vs the way Serena was playing, if Venus won, i think there'd be REAL Qs :o
I'd agree with that...but there's no way that Venus should have lost 2-6 2-6. But then again, the way Venus played in that match, it's amazing she won 4 games ;)

I strongly suggest people watch the 2002 Aussie tapes. An INJURED Venus ran down, and competed better than a HEALTHY Venus did in Miami.

That's why I think it's tainted. :o

Venus Forever
Jun 1st, 2004, 12:06 AM
I'd agree with that...but there's no way that Venus should have lost 2-6 2-6. But then again, the way Venus played in that match, it's amazing she won 4 games ;)

I strongly suggest people watch the 2002 Aussie tapes. An INJURED Venus ran down, and competed better than a HEALTHY Venus did in Miami.

That's why I think it's tainted. :o
I think Venus was just fooled during that match at the level in which Serena was playing.

I don't think she gave it to Serena.

bandabou
Jun 1st, 2004, 12:14 AM
People, people....this is Serena 2002 weīre talking about. There was no giving no match or nada out there. How many people did even take sets off Serena that year?! Let alone beat her?! 5 losses, thatīs it. She was beating EVERYBODY and not just Venus.

Venus is getting over the sorry for Serena-feeling.....ī03 oz open and ī03 Wimbledon convinced me that they are both getting comfortable with beating the other....and the matches are getting better and better.

Stamp Paid
Jun 1st, 2004, 12:17 AM
I think that "hold" (whoch I'm very skeptical about) that people say Serena has over Venus when they play is not even an issue anymore. I think them playing in the Semis should make it even easier for Venus to put the "little sister" stuff aside. I want Serena to defeat Capriati in straights, and Venus to beat Myskina in straights. That way, we can have a balls-to-the-wall semifinal between both Venus and Serena. After that, whichever sister prevails should make it to the Final and whip a nervous Amelie or inexperienced Sharapova.

However, if Venus still cannot get over the little sister thing before this match, either there was no "hold" to begin with and Serena is just that much better against her sister, or it's totally her fault, and I will not feel sorry for her ever again.:fiery:

flyingmachine
Jun 1st, 2004, 12:19 AM

You are pretty brave to said that but realisticly I don't think so.

bandabou
Jun 1st, 2004, 12:21 AM
I think that "hold" (whoch I'm very skeptical about) that people say Serena has over Venus when they play is not even an issue anymore. I think them playing in the Semis should make it even easier for Venus to put the "little sister" stuff aside. I want Serena to defeat Capriati in straights, and Venus to beat Myskina in straights. That way, we can have a balls-to-the-wall semifinal between both Venus and Serena. After that, whichever sister prevails should make it to the Final and whip a nervous Amelie or inexperienced Sharapova.

However, if Venus still cannot get over the little sister thing before this match, either there was no "hold" to begin with and Serena is just that much better against her sister, or it's totally her fault, and I will not feel sorry for her ever again.:fiery:

Hear ya, hear ya!!

VS Fan
Jun 1st, 2004, 12:22 AM
TennisIlove09:

So the 2001 US open was NOT a major tourney???

I think Serena led 2-0 in the first set before she collapsed. Venus won 6-2, 6-4 and some were accusing Venus of giving her a few games in the second set.

This Sh*t never stops.

As for Miami 2002, Serena played OUT OF HER MIND. No one could have beaten her that day. Venus did NOT let up... She was just blown off the court.

Some people just cannot see this... Watch the match again.

tennisIlove09
Jun 1st, 2004, 12:26 AM
TennisIlove09:

So the 2001 US open was NOT a major tourney???

I think Serena led 2-0 in the first set before she collapsed. Venus won 6-2, 6-4 and some were accusing Venus of giving her a few games in the second set.

This Sh*t never stops.

As for Miami 2002, Serena played OUT OF HER MIND. No one could have beaten her that day. Venus did NOT let up... She was just blown off the court.

Some people just cannot see this... Watch the match again.

Re-read what I wrote :) Venus had never played Serena in a major final BEFORE the Open 01. Or did I miss one? ;)

tennisIlove09
Jun 1st, 2004, 12:27 AM
People, people....this is Serena 2002 weīre talking about. There was no giving no match or nada out there. How many people did even take sets off Serena that year?! Let alone beat her?! 5 losses, thatīs it. She was beating EVERYBODY and not just Venus.

Venus is getting over the sorry for Serena-feeling.....ī03 oz open and ī03 Wimbledon convinced me that they are both getting comfortable with beating the other....and the matches are getting better and better.

of course you don't see it. You're a Serena fan :)

venus_envy
Jun 1st, 2004, 12:30 AM
What baffles me is if you are such a bigger fan of Venus, why would you want her to lose tomorrow and not Serena? That way your favorite would still win and you wouldn't have to see an all Williams final. It just seems strange that you would pick Venus to lose when you know that she hasn't won a grandslam in 2 year, and she's supposed to be your favorite.

Things that make you go hmmmm?

bandabou
Jun 1st, 2004, 12:33 AM
Letīs keep it real....Venus BARELY and I mean BARELY got past Elena D at that ī02 Nasdaq open.....there was NO WAY and absolutely NO WAY she was gonna beat Serena in that form. Who you wanna kid?!

Bright Red
Jun 1st, 2004, 12:39 AM

Well there it is im sure that all the Venus fans will start calling me a hater but that how I feel. Its not like Venus will never have a chance at the french agin. And hopeful Serena will be in the other draw.You shouldn't assume, care or believe that all Venus fans will think of you as a hater. I don't really see anything wrong with your explanation. You just come across as someone who doesn't have Venus as your #1 fave. Nothing wrong with that.

Stamp Paid
Jun 1st, 2004, 12:40 AM
Letīs keep it real....Venus BARELY and I mean BARELY got past Elena D at that ī02 Nasdaq open.....there was NO WAY and absolutely NO WAY she was gonna beat Serena in that form. Who you wanna kid?!
Excellent point, that I've brought up a million times. Plus, at the US Open '02, she barely made it past Rubin and Amelie just to make it to the final. Of course she wasn't gonna beat Serena in that form!

Venus fans just can't fathom the fact that Venus can lose 6 straight times to one player. I can!

VS Fan
Jun 1st, 2004, 12:42 AM
TennisIlove09:

Unless I got the math wrong, the H2H was 5-1 when Serena won over Venus in Miami.

Venus LAST win over Serena was US Open 2001 in their FIRST GS (Final)meeting.

If Venus has SIX wins over Serena, then I am wrong. If I am right the current H2H is Serena 7-5. Perhaps I am wrong. I am not sure.

If they meet in the semis, I am sure Venus will play her best, as well as Serena.

Their power game may cause a lot of UFEs, but I think it will be very competetive.

Some time ago you stated that you wished they would NOT meet in finals.

You got your wish, but you are still bitching.

I think you meant that you would prefer that they not meet at all in tourneys.
In a strange way, that is understandable.

bandabou
Jun 1st, 2004, 12:50 AM
Excellent point, that I've brought up a million times. Plus, at the US Open '02, she barely made it past Rubin and Amelie just to make it to the final. Of course she wasn't gonna beat Serena in that form!

Venus fans just can't fathom the fact that Venus can lose 6 straight times to one player. I can!

Stuff happens....

sartrista7
Jun 1st, 2004, 02:32 AM
You're a fickle fan. You root for a player based on whatever reasons you have, not just because you like them the most.

I say you're not a "true" fan in the sense that you are not a diehard fan. Your faves change, or your opinions of your faves change. You pick who you want to win on the moment of the match. I always know who I am going to root for time and time again.

What's wrong with not being a 'diehard' fan (by your standards, anyway)? My number one fave is Nastya... but if she were to meet Lina K or Nadia in the final, I'd root against her because it's so important for Lina and Nadia to get that first title. It's very understandable to have other reasons affecting who you're cheering for. And I love Venus... but even if she wasn't playing Nastya, I'd want either her or Serena to lose. I'm going to be free to watch the women's semis, and I'd actually like to have a good match - and no all-Williams match has ever been remotely entertaining apart from the freak-show factor. And like cool bird, I've had enough of JenFat, so for the first time ever I'll cheer on Serena.

Frongie
Jun 1st, 2004, 02:35 AM
A Venus vs Serena semi :shout:

I wont watch!

Kart
Jun 1st, 2004, 02:37 AM
I hope Venus wins and I hope she crushes whoever wins between JenCap and Serena.

Venus Forever
Jun 1st, 2004, 02:39 AM
What's wrong with not being a 'diehard' fan (by your standards, anyway)? My number one fave is Nastya... but if she were to meet Lina K or Nadia in the final, I'd root against her because it's so important for Lina and Nadia to get that first title. It's very understandable to have other reasons affecting who you're cheering for. And I love Venus... but even if she wasn't playing Nastya, I'd want either her or Serena to lose. I'm going to be free to watch the women's semis, and I'd actually like to have a good match - and no all-Williams match has ever been remotely entertaining apart from the freak-show factor. And like cool bird, I've had enough of JenFat, so for the first time ever I'll cheer on Serena.
I understand reasons of not rooting for one of your faves because you want another fave of yours to get out of a slump or do better.

What I don't understand is rooting against a player because they could POTENTIALLY meet someone else in the next round which doesn't produce great tennis. That's just foolish. How can the matches get any better if they don't meet each other??

I love how everyone says they were not "remotely entertaining." How do you know the next meeting will be like that?? Weingartner was snubbed 6-0 6-0 by Petrova in their meeting before here, but then beat Petrova 6-3 6-2. Just because she played terrible against her in the past doesn't mean dittly squat.

For all we know, Venus and Serena's next meeting could be the greatest match the world has ever seen. That's why I feel it's stupid to root against someone just because a potential meeting in the next round could be a snorefest, because it just may not be that.

Infiniti2001
Jun 1st, 2004, 02:42 AM
A Venus vs Serena semi :shout:

I wont watch!

we all know you will glued to your television. :rolleyes:

sartrista7
Jun 1st, 2004, 02:48 AM
I love how everyone says they were not "remotely entertaining." How do you know the next meeting will be like that?? Weingartner was snubbed 6-0 6-0 by Petrova in their meeting before here, but then beat Petrova 6-3 6-2. Just because she played terrible against her in the past doesn't mean dittly squat.

For all we know, Venus and Serena's next meeting could be the greatest match the world has ever seen. That's why I feel it's stupid to root against someone just because a potential meeting in the next round could be a snorefest, because it just may not be that.

Venus v Serena matches aren't bad because of the scorelines... they're bad because of the complete lack of intensity. Terrible matches can actually be entertaining, but even when Venus and Serena have played well against each other, it's never been watchable. They're just not the same players... no killer instinct, no passion, nothing which makes either of them compelling against others. It's entirely understandable... they're sisters, after all. I just don't want to watch it, because everyone involved seems so uncomfortable.

I think a lot of people missed the bit in this thread where cool bird said Nastya was one of her faves. It's not like she's rooting for Venus to lose against some random.

I hope the Venus v Nastya winner CRUSHES the Serena v Capriati winner!

Knizzle
Jun 1st, 2004, 03:00 AM
Serena vs. Myskina wouldn't be better.

sartrista7
Jun 1st, 2004, 03:20 AM
Serena vs. Myskina wouldn't be better.

I'd at least get the feeling that both players wanted to beat their opponent into the ground, and show no mercy.

I'm not a fan of Serena... but it does seem that whenever she plays Venus, everything which makes her SERENA just... disappears.

Venus Forever
Jun 1st, 2004, 05:14 AM
Venus v Serena matches aren't bad because of the scorelines... they're bad because of the complete lack of intensity. Terrible matches can actually be entertaining, but even when Venus and Serena have played well against each other, it's never been watchable. They're just not the same players... no killer instinct, no passion, nothing which makes either of them compelling against others. It's entirely understandable... they're sisters, after all. I just don't want to watch it, because everyone involved seems so uncomfortable.

I think a lot of people missed the bit in this thread where cool bird said Nastya was one of her faves. It's not like she's rooting for Venus to lose against some random.

I hope the Venus v Nastya winner CRUSHES the Serena v Capriati winner!
Once again, it may have been true in the past, but we don't know what the future may hold.

Hayato
Jun 1st, 2004, 05:58 AM
im sick of Venus and Serena now :yawn:

bandabou
Jun 1st, 2004, 06:04 AM
Because people just donīt want to pick a side.....there is Venus and there is Serena..totally different in playing-style, temperament, etc..easy to chose one.