PDA

View Full Version : The Beeb's to show Henman match

DelMonte
May 31st, 2004, 07:40 PM
...starting at 13:25BST. Maybe if the Serena/Jen and Momo/Elena matches are long and go beyond 13:25, they'll show them until it's time for Tiger Tim. Or maybe I am too optimistic; they'll probably show highlights of Tim's old matches ala "And let's see how our Tim progressed to the Quarter final, the first Englishman to do this since X years...blah blah blah".

Anyway, just wanted to alert everyone in the UK.

DelMonte

ps that's on BBC2 tomorrow.

SJW
May 31st, 2004, 07:40 PM
Britain? care about anything but Timid Timothy? not gonna happen :)

wongqks
May 31st, 2004, 07:48 PM
well actually I remmber a few years ago they did show Seles against Anabel before Henman goes on court, however, it sucks big becuase Anabel has to withdraw in the middle of the match. 1325 sounds like a really early time for start. (since centre court don't start until 1230 BST) I think there is a good chance they will show Amelie elena match. If Jenn Serena went really long, we maybe lucky to see the third set as well :D

let's cross our fingers

SJW
May 31st, 2004, 07:48 PM
according to the RG site, the matches start at 11 bst :)

wongqks
May 31st, 2004, 07:52 PM
oh they change the time, it was 1230 BST a while ago LOL

ogh well, here goes the chance...

praying Serena Jenn gonna battle it out for 3 hours

Yasmine
May 31st, 2004, 07:57 PM
Britain? care about anything but Timid Timothy? not gonna happen :)
And wait until Wimbledon starts... They're gonna do our head in by saying 25000 times that he's going to win it. NO CHANCE!

DelMonte
May 31st, 2004, 07:59 PM
And wait until Wimbledon starts... They're gonna do our head in by saying 25000 times that he's going to win it. NO CHANCE!

Oh please, they've already begun saying that! :rolleyes: :lol:

TheBoiledEgg
May 31st, 2004, 08:13 PM
even worse....... they saying he's gonna win Roland Garros :haha: :tape:

V-MAC
May 31st, 2004, 08:18 PM
be really funny if Tim won the Roland Garros title and then lost in the 1st round at Wimbly.:):o wonder would the Brits be really mad at him or would they still be happy coz he won RG??

jenny161185
May 31st, 2004, 08:23 PM
Yeah thats what I was thinking - I was watching it yesterday and Tim hasn t beaten a seeded player(omly other quater he has reached besides wimby) and then think he has a legitimate chance of Winning RG! they won t show cap/serena or Amelie -

- L i n a -
May 31st, 2004, 08:26 PM
Tiger Tim? :haha:

Meh... it's still better in England, though... I'd rather watch non-stop Tim, than non-stop Rodduck.

- L i n a -
May 31st, 2004, 08:27 PM
Yeah thats what I was thinking - I was watching it yesterday and Tim hasn t beaten a seeded player(omly other quater he has reached besides wimby) and then think he has a legitimate chance of Winning RG! they won t show cap/serena or Amelie -
Yeah... that's what makes the Sharapova fans quite hilarious, also. :p

Martian Willow
May 31st, 2004, 08:29 PM
...what actually will happen is the third set of Capriati-Serena will be still be going, but instead of showing it they will have it in the background while Sue and Andrew and John natter about Timothy... :)

!<blocparty>!
May 31st, 2004, 08:32 PM
I doubt they will show any womens matches, although they did show Venus v. Zvonareva last year on grandstand.

We will probably get Sue Barker Barking on how much she could love to shag Tiger Tim, and what a fantastic chance he has of winning RG, and that he could win the next 4 slams.

V-MAC
May 31st, 2004, 08:35 PM
...what actually will happen is the third set of Capriati-Serena will be still be going, but instead of showing it they will have it in the background while Sue and Andrew and John natter about Timothy... :)

:hearts: Sue Barker! :hearts: Is it that time already when Sue hits our screens with her awesome coverage of Wimbledon.I especially enjoy her court-side interviews with Venus on the second saturday of Wimbledon. Although haven't seen one in 3 years. :confused:

SJW
May 31st, 2004, 08:52 PM
even worse....... they saying he's gonna win Roland Garros :haha: :tape:
the worst thing is, he started it! i hope he gets to play coria/moya so they can show him the difference between true clay courters, and a flukey streak :haha: hell, i hope Juan EMBARASSES his ass tomorrow :)

wongqks
Jun 1st, 2004, 11:48 AM
Let's speculate what bbc will do after rain delay

My guess is that they know they have no chance to show Tim's match, thereforeswitch to their more popular programmes such as 'through the key hole' Quincy or Diagnostic murder or even better they are gonna show a reply of Llodra again :D :D

DelMonte
Jun 1st, 2004, 11:53 AM
Let's speculate what bbc will do after rain delay

My guess is that they know they have no chance to show Tim's match, thereforeswitch to their more popular programmes such as 'through the key hole' Quincy or Diagnostic murder or even better they are gonna show a reply of Llodra again :D :D

I am sure you are right!! :rolleyes: Argh, it's so frustrating!

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 1st, 2004, 12:01 PM
a replay of Llodra :rolleyes:
watching paint dry is more exciting than anything of Farmer Timmy :rolleyes:

fried_beans
Jun 1st, 2004, 12:04 PM
Henman has beaten Chela on clay before..he could do it again and tehn get drubbed by Coria if they play.

Yasmine
Jun 1st, 2004, 12:15 PM
Henman has beaten Chela on clay before..he could do it again and tehn get drubbed by Coria if they play.

I bloody hope he does get beaten by Chela!!! :mad: