PDA

View Full Version : How much are you dedicated to your favorite?

GoGoMaggie
May 31st, 2004, 09:17 AM
Are you dedicated enough to lose your sense of reality and go berserk in front of your PC when someone insults your favorite?
As far as me is concerned, I'm quite down-to-earth when it comes to being a fan of my favorite player. I'm firmly in tune with whatever happens to that player. I don't even follow her off court. I mean, I get emotional and excited only when she's doing something big on the court. Otherwise, I'm quite indifferent to who she is or what she does.
How about you guys? I have such a feeling that many of the ppl on the board are quite dedicated and hard-core that I sometimes get too freightened to say anthting that could be taken as an insult to the particular player even when it's not meant that way.
Anyways, I don't see any harm in being too serious or your life revoliving around your favorite and I appreciate your contribution to this so-serious thread.:wavey:

Mr_Molik
May 31st, 2004, 09:26 AM
yes i skitz when ppl bag alicia:
"all she can do is serve" :fiery:
"she is overrated" :fiery: :fiery:
"her best win this yr is over majoli" :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

Gowza
May 31st, 2004, 09:28 AM
i am very dedicated to my favs but each person has there own definition of dedication. for example i dont follow any of the off court stuff unless an interview is posted i may read it however to me what players do or say off court doesnt change my dedication to them as a player on court. whatever happens off court is irrelevant to me. but another person may say that dedication is following that player on and off court and i guess supporting them in it all.

SpikeyAidanm
May 31st, 2004, 09:32 AM
I used to be dedicated to PAW that I turned against my favs.

I've learnt better since.
My ultimate fav is a male player anyway.

GoGoMaggie
May 31st, 2004, 11:29 AM
Guga is winning!

TS
May 31st, 2004, 11:33 AM
Not that dedicated.

These days I follow the tour as a whole, and don't really worry about individual results anymore.

SJW
May 31st, 2004, 11:41 AM
go beserk at my computer? that's never gonna happen. i rarely even smile at my computer. i'm not insane :)

Marat...i don't get upset when he loses really. Russian = synonym for headcase...he's really cute but i don't follow him offcourt
Roger...i like him and Marat the same, but i'm more vocal about Roger...sound familiar? ;) i'm slightly pissed when he loses cuz sometimes he looks like he doesn't care.
Venus...i'm more pissed when Venus loses than when Serena loses right now. i just want her to get back to 00/01 form. when she lost to Dementieva, i went schizo for a split second, and i love Elena :retard::scared: it's impossible NOT to know when she's doing something offcourt :tape:
Serena...everybody thinks she's stupid so i play along :) at least she's cute and stupid. my life doesn't revolve around her but i like to watch her play, and before RG, i used to see her play a lot ( :fiery: @ British Eurosport :mad: ) again, i don't go out of my way to follow her around off court, but threads always seem to end up on the board, so i read. :) she's a nice person, i hope i meet her again this year :hearts:

RedFilaJ-Cap#1
May 31st, 2004, 05:07 PM
I am very very dedicated to my favorite no doubt. I don't really cheer for anyone else but her and I go crazy when she is playing even if I am just watching it on the computer. I love to cheer for her it is great!!

bigshow21
May 31st, 2004, 05:10 PM
I am very dedicated to my favorite!!! I dont cheer for anyone else or even like any one else. I watch other people play but I dont care who wins. My favorite is so cool and the best ever!!!!! I try to watch and follow all her matches. Good luck!!!

Kart
I'm not obsessed with my favourite.

I'm still going to marry her though.

Mase
Im pretty damn dedicated. As in leave work to watch her dedicated.

Foot_Fault
May 31st, 2004, 05:11 PM
How Dedicated am I?

VERY!
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040530/capt.rog16905301807.france_tennis_french_open_rog1 69.jpgVERY VENUS!http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040530/capt.rog16905301807.france_tennis_french_open_rog1 69.jpg

WF4EVER
May 31st, 2004, 05:16 PM
I'm pretty dedicated to Venus/Marat/Federer. A little schizo when it comes to the men; absolutely hate to see them play badly and/or lose. never want Vee to lose but sometimes I'm forgiving.

Otherwise I consider myself totally objective.

crazillo
May 31st, 2004, 05:23 PM
OMG, I am dedicated. I start thinking like: If I think u will loose, u win. If I start thinking u will win, u loose."

Its weird.

Yasmine
May 31st, 2004, 05:23 PM
I don't get completely mad at my favourites but I am annoyed when some people have nothing else to do than slag other players off. I am not a great fan of some of them but I aknowledge that they're big champions and very talented. I don't think we're here to insult anyone, we're here to exchange ideas about what we enjoy watching... :wavey:

6.45PM
May 31st, 2004, 05:25 PM
i am very dedicated thanks to my friend. the happiness, the excitement of watching matches with her ....holding hands during match points and stuff like that, just great! :) Go Jen, make us happy again :)

crazillo
May 31st, 2004, 05:28 PM
I don't get completely mad at my favourites but I am annoyed when some people have nothing else to do than slag other players off. I am not a great fan of some of them but I aknowledge that they're big champions and very talented. I don't think we're here to insult anyone, we're here to exchange ideas about what we enjoy watching... :wavey:

I likr your attitude!! :)

sarza
May 31st, 2004, 06:08 PM
yes im very dedicated to my fav. i barely get to see her though and have to make do with live scoreboards or wait until i get to go see her in person, which may i add is only a week away :bounce: she gets a bit of stick and yes it does annoy me but i just put it down to the fact that we all have our favs and we all hear things bad which may be true or may not, but people on here dont know enough about her to let this really annoy me :mad: :lol:

GO LAURA :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

foreva lindsay
May 31st, 2004, 06:16 PM
I am very very dedicated to my favorite no doubt. I don't really cheer for anyone else but her and I go crazy when she is playing even if I am just watching it on the computer. I love to cheer for her it is great!!

i do that too for lindsay, and when watching her on TV i cheer asif i'm there, my parents think i'm strange :lol: but i'm very dedicated i stay up all hours if her matches are on TV even on the comp scoreboard at like 1am lol :bounce:

SJW
May 31st, 2004, 06:33 PM
wow. tennis fans = :retard:

like we didn't know already :)

Stamp Paid
May 31st, 2004, 06:35 PM
I would die for Serena, and become a paraplegic for Venus. The dedication is THAT deep.

Vass22
May 31st, 2004, 06:48 PM
I'm VERY dedicated. I get very disappointed when Safin loses. Very.
I'm dedicated to the Russian girls too, but there are so many of the and they win and lose all the time (so I can't be disappointed much).

Martian Jeza
May 31st, 2004, 06:50 PM
I'm very dedicated to my quitter :D I think to her at least once a day and I met her sometimes in my dreams.

UDiTY
May 31st, 2004, 07:14 PM
I love Venus, Serena, Andre, Marat and Guga mostly.

It's hard to watch Andre's matches when he doesn't even try, but I don't freak out. Those are probably the hardest. When Venus plays really bad it's hard too, but I think she is soo great...if she never won a match again I would still love her. I haven't really seen Serena lose in awhile. And Marat and Guga I know they both could be multiple slam winners on different surfaces, but I understand that in men's tennis it's harder to stay at the top.

But I am definitely not one of those people who will curse out my fave and lose faith after a bad win. :D

charmedRic
May 31st, 2004, 08:25 PM
I Love Kristina Brandi To Death and I Will Defend her to the very end as reason dictates.

tennisIlove09
May 31st, 2004, 08:29 PM
I'm dedicated. I'm a staff writer on her official web-site; I have my own Venus web-site; I support her in everything she does.

I only go nuts when she loses if she doesn't play her best, which lately is everytime she faces Serena

- L i n a -
May 31st, 2004, 08:31 PM
I'm dedicated to my worthless favorite.

I get mad at her all the time... and sometimes boo at my monitor during her matches.

cool bird
May 31st, 2004, 08:35 PM
I'm dedicated. I'm a staff writer on her official web-site; I have my own Venus web-site; I support her in everything she does.

I only go nuts when she loses if she doesn't play her best, which lately is everytime she faces Serena

Dallas is that you form the venus serena fan board if so :wavey: :wavey:

tennisIlove09
May 31st, 2004, 08:39 PM
it is :wavey: