PDA

View Full Version : Sesil Karatancheva looks like Kournikova

gRaFiC
May 31st, 2004, 03:07 AM
Sesil said when asked:

Q: Some compared you to Anna Kournikova - is that flattering you? A: Once they even mistook me for Kournikova while I was doing my practice. I am okay with that, although the fist time they compared me to her I thought, "Am I really such a bad player?" Now I know what they mean is I'm just as pretty. This is a compliment, but really no big deal

Some have said Maria is arrogant - whatever! Is Sesil deluded?

thelittlestelf
May 31st, 2004, 03:10 AM
Wow, Kournikova would have kicked her ass back in the day.

WhatTheDeuce
May 31st, 2004, 03:14 AM
Thing is, Anna is 475647560345643890653491587613479856784 times prettier than that girl. :sobbing:

:rolleyes:

~SunFlower~
May 31st, 2004, 03:16 AM
Thing is, Anna is 475647560345643890653491587613479856784 times prettier than that girl. :sobbing:

:lol:

Martian Willow
May 31st, 2004, 03:18 AM
Wow, Kournikova would have kicked her ass back in the day.

...yes, maybe six years ago when Sesil was eight, she might have...not likely to happen now though... :)

Lucy
i dont see the resemblance at all. anna is prettier than her. maybe she wishes she looked like her. hehehe

cheesestix

That girl ain't bad looking. She's actually pretty. But I don't see the resemblance to Anna K though.

goldenlox
May 31st, 2004, 03:19 AM
Sesil is the next Kirilenko.

gRaFiC
May 31st, 2004, 03:20 AM
I think dear lil Sesil will have to rely on her tennis to do the talking.

WhatTheDeuce
May 31st, 2004, 03:20 AM
That girl ain't bad looking. She's actually pretty. But I don't see the resemblance to Anna K though.
I didn't say she was bad looking. But I said Anna was that many times prettier.

Martian Willow
May 31st, 2004, 03:22 AM
...anybody want to suggest what would have been an acceptable reply to the question "Some compared you to Anna Kournikova - is that flattering you?"...?... :)

goldenlox
May 31st, 2004, 03:23 AM
How about - "I'm 14, she's 22."

gRaFiC
May 31st, 2004, 03:24 AM
...anybody want to suggest what would have been an acceptable reply to the question "Some compared you to Anna Kournikova - is that flattering you?"...?... :)

"Really, I don't think I look like her at all."

WhatTheDeuce
May 31st, 2004, 03:27 AM
"Really, I don't think I look like her at all."
:haha:

Berlin_Calling
May 31st, 2004, 03:31 AM
wow, what a bitch. and i half expected her to be pretty until i opened that attachment. :rolleyes:

Eurotennisfan
May 31st, 2004, 03:35 AM
She better pray that she has half the TENNIS career that ANNA has/had...

Grand Slam Semi-Finals/QTR
wins over former #1's Graf, Hingis,Seles,Davenport,Capriati
first player ever to beat 4 top 10 players at one event (Indian Wells)
Many Doubles Grand Slams
Many tier 1 Finals
Top 10 ranking
#1 in doubles.

goldenlox
May 31st, 2004, 03:39 AM
How about - "Anna is a multi-millionaire. I've got to beg Nick for change to buy a candy bar."

- L i n a -
May 31st, 2004, 04:13 AM

OMG, I love Sesil so much!!!

She is such a bitch!!!

I always have to cheer for the bad girl... and NEVER CHANGE SESIL!

Jarrett
May 31st, 2004, 04:15 AM
She looks a little like Graf.

gRaFiC
May 31st, 2004, 04:36 AM

My sister said that last night! Much to my despair...

Clumsythief
May 31st, 2004, 04:40 AM
I love that bitch too as much as I love Maria (she's not a bitch tho, but I love her personnality).

gRaFiC
May 31st, 2004, 05:17 AM
OMG! She said this about Maria Sharapova at PACIFIC LIFE OPEN
INDIAN WELLS, CALIFORNIA March 13, 2004:

Q. Speaking of just beating the hell out of the ball, you play Sharapova next.

SESIL KARATANCHEVA: You know what, that's the match I've waited for very long time. So, trust me, I won't play 100%, I'll play 200%.

Q. Tell us what happened.

SESIL KARATANCHEVA: I was actually supposed to play in Bollettieri Tennis Academy. I was so prepared. I mean, it was unbelievable. I was just, "Come on the court, you'll see what happen." Then I was, you know, talking to people. You know, I was really into the match. I was like, "You know, I'm going to get there and play my best tennis, I'm going to do everything I can." The day when we were supposed to play, two hours before the match, my agent comes and he goes, "She called it off." I'm like, "Why did she call the match off?" "Because you said you going to kick her ass off." I'm like, you know what, it's my business who I'm telling I'm going to kick his ass off or not. If I said it, I meant it, and I'm not sorry about it. If she's too scared to come on the court, her problem - her problem. I was like, "Whatever. I'm going to get you."

Even then I said, "I'm going to meet you soon." It comes right next to me, right here. She can't call it off this time, that's for sure (laughter).

Q. When did that happen? How many months ago was that?

SESIL KARATANCHEVA: Probably like a couple weeks ago.

Q. Couple weeks ago?

SESIL KARATANCHEVA: Yeah, a couple weeks ago.

Q. She was at the academy?

SESIL KARATANCHEVA: Yeah, practicing. You know what, it was probably like four days before she was going to come down here. So it was probably like two weeks ago.

Q. So you think she was really afraid to play you?

SESIL KARATANCHEVA: You know, I really do not know. But I don't think that a player from her rank can call a match off only because somebody said it's going to kick her ass off. If she had the guts, she's going to come kick my ass off and leave.

Q. This is your agent who told you that?

SESIL KARATANCHEVA: Yes.

Q. What is his name?

SESIL KARATANCHEVA: Oliver Vanlindoff. I definitely don't think that's the way.

Q. What did Nick tell you?

SESIL KARATANCHEVA: He's like, "Pass it away because you going to get her. You know, calm down. Keep on practicing. Your time is going to come."

Q. Have you seen her here?

SESIL KARATANCHEVA: Yes, I did. Not really charming. Not really charming. Not really charming. That's what I can say, not really charming (smiling).

Q. She knows who you are?

SESIL KARATANCHEVA: I don't know. I mean, you know, who knows. I mean, if she's too scared come on the court play against me, hey, she must know me.

Q. You're saying when you play her tomorrow or the next day, you're going to kick her ass?

SESIL KARATANCHEVA: You know what, I say I'm going to play my best tennis. Normally when I do that, I beat people that are very good. You know, I believe in my game. I believe that my game is something I worked on a lot. I think that if I play it and if I concentrate a hundred percent on something, I can do something unbelievable tomorrow. I mean, that's the way I think. Yes, I do think I can kick her ass off. Yes, I do think that. I'm saying that, I can kick her ass off.

Maria won 3-6 6-3 6-2.

faboozadoo15
May 31st, 2004, 05:31 AM
I didn't say she was bad looking. But I said Anna was that many times prettier.
alright, then i'll say it! that girl is bad looking!
it's fun that she has a positive attitude for herself, but she is just one of those confident really ugly girls that no one likes.
let your tennis do the talking until you get lots of plastic surgery :wavey:

Hayato
May 31st, 2004, 05:34 AM
i've seen that picture before and that is the only photo where she doesn't look like a duck with big teeth. She looks nothing like Anna :p

Jarrett
May 31st, 2004, 05:34 AM
she is only 14. Her face will change for better, or worse.

Hayato
May 31st, 2004, 05:37 AM
she is only 14. Her face will change for better, or worse.

i sure hope so!

slice
May 31st, 2004, 06:07 AM
of course she would be flattered! coz she knows that she will NEVER be as talented as anna and will certainyl never amount to her beauty :rolleyes:

Sharapova's_Boy
May 31st, 2004, 06:43 AM
Ugh, I really can't stand her. :tape: :fiery:

CooCooCachoo
May 31st, 2004, 06:59 AM
Thing is, Anna is 475647560345643890653491587613479856784 times prettier than that girl.

I totally agree :)

_KidmaN_
May 31st, 2004, 07:17 AM
calm down guys, she is only 14 and have time to grow up.. and not talk things like that. And who knows..mabye she really will look like anna or even better, and her play will be much better

Jackson.
May 31st, 2004, 08:05 AM
Sesil :spit:

spiceboy
May 31st, 2004, 08:45 AM
http://www.itftennis.com/shared/medialibrary/image/gallery/IO_3244_gallery.JPG

She looks like a skinnier Lucic ;)

hoekie274
May 31st, 2004, 08:47 AM
i've seen that picture before and that is the only photo where she doesn't look like a duck with big teeth. She looks nothing like Anna :p

You´re so right! When I looked at the picture in this forum, I thought: who´s that? I couldn´t recognize her. She changed during the years (thank god), but still is nothing compared to Anna Kournikova. When I see her in action pictures, she lookes anorexic to me.

Vass22
May 31st, 2004, 08:55 AM
Ok! when did players start doing plastic surgeries to look like her?

TatiAnnahølic
May 31st, 2004, 09:47 AM
I'm sorry but I find more resemblance with Smeagol than with Anna :haha:
http://www.drunkbob.com/members/images/smeagol.jpg http://www.freewebs.com/golovin/sesil.JPG

Dymension
May 31st, 2004, 11:37 AM
http://www.drunkbob.com/members/images/smeagol.jpg http://www.freewebs.com/golovin/sesil.JPG

Lyn
May 31st, 2004, 01:48 PM

That was what I thought....

Fantastic
May 31st, 2004, 01:49 PM
lol. You guys are horrible.

GermanBoy
May 31st, 2004, 01:53 PM
Interesting that Sesil believes herself she is as sexy as Kournikova is... :lol:

rada
May 31st, 2004, 01:54 PM

yeah i think so........anna is hot sesil not

Mariangelina
May 31st, 2004, 01:54 PM
I think Sesil is pretty, but she doesn't look a thing like Anna. :confused:

WorldWar24
May 31st, 2004, 01:58 PM
:spit: hahaha ha ha ha

~RedRose~
May 31st, 2004, 01:58 PM
She isn't that pretty at all, she looks like shes middleaged and she is only 14!

http://cache.****************/comp/50913247.jpg?x=x&dasite=MS_GINS&ef=2&ev=1&dareq=E2399169AC85D6DE775AAB3FE9CD95132EB4430FF70C C0C9

Berlin_Calling
May 31st, 2004, 02:00 PM
:haha::haha: I hope Masha gives her ass-whoopings in times to come. Does she expect to get any respect from Masha if she is running her mouth talking about 'kicking off her ass'? :rolleyes:

rada
May 31st, 2004, 02:37 PM
:haha::haha: I hope Masha gives her ass-whoopings in times to come. Does she expect to get any respect from Masha if she is running her mouth talking about 'kicking off her ass'? :rolleyes:

LOL that is funny..love the pic;)

Lucy
May 31st, 2004, 07:58 PM

- L i n a -
May 31st, 2004, 08:00 PM
She wouldn't get any respect from The High Princess Masha regardless...

I think Sesil is cute... and she is a STAR in the making.

daniela86
May 31st, 2004, 08:03 PM
I like her personnality, she is funny,she reminds me a little bit Evgueni Kafelnikov(provocative side) but she doesn't look like Anna at all!

Black Mamba.
May 31st, 2004, 08:04 PM
Some people need to get their eyes checked.

crazillo
May 31st, 2004, 08:10 PM
She is already a bigger thread than Maleeva for example ever was :lol:

katrientje
May 31st, 2004, 08:14 PM
Sesil will spice up the tour, she will have big results, she probably will win a slam, but she will never look anything like Anna :-)
She's more in Kuznetsova league lookwise, no offense, not that it matters....

charmedRic
May 31st, 2004, 08:25 PM

OMG, I love Sesil so much!!!

She is such a bitch!!!

I always have to cheer for the bad girl... and NEVER CHANGE SESIL!

What can I say...the girl has SPUNK. She'll get along with Johny Mac.

JonBcn
May 31st, 2004, 09:29 PM
I watched her match today, and I have to say I dont see any resemblance at all between her and Anna.

Geri
Jun 1st, 2004, 12:04 AM

You are right ;) That nose is pure Graf.

BlinX
Jun 1st, 2004, 12:12 AM

wtf :haha::lol:

spec7er
Jun 1st, 2004, 01:29 AM
I agree with the other people here. She does look like Graf. She has the nose for it. She has some resemblance to Barbara Schett as well, I think.

Out of all the new players, I think Tatiana Golovin is the closest you're gonna get to an Anna look-alike.

wta_zuperfann
Jun 1st, 2004, 03:14 AM
:lol:

Eurotennisfan
Jun 1st, 2004, 03:20 AM
OMG! She said this about Maria Sharapova at PACIFIC LIFE OPEN
INDIAN WELLS, CALIFORNIA March 13, 2004:

Q. Speaking of just beating the hell out of the ball, you play Sharapova next.

SESIL KARATANCHEVA: You know what, that's the match I've waited for very long time. So, trust me, I won't play 100%, I'll play 200%.

Q. Tell us what happened.

SESIL KARATANCHEVA: I was actually supposed to play in Bollettieri Tennis Academy. I was so prepared. I mean, it was unbelievable. I was just, "Come on the court, you'll see what happen." Then I was, you know, talking to people. You know, I was really into the match. I was like, "You know, I'm going to get there and play my best tennis, I'm going to do everything I can." The day when we were supposed to play, two hours before the match, my agent comes and he goes, "She called it off." I'm like, "Why did she call the match off?" "Because you said you going to kick her ass off." I'm like, you know what, it's my business who I'm telling I'm going to kick his ass off or not. If I said it, I meant it, and I'm not sorry about it. If she's too scared to come on the court, her problem - her problem. I was like, "Whatever. I'm going to get you."

Even then I said, "I'm going to meet you soon." It comes right next to me, right here. She can't call it off this time, that's for sure (laughter).

Q. When did that happen? How many months ago was that?

SESIL KARATANCHEVA: Probably like a couple weeks ago.

Q. Couple weeks ago?

SESIL KARATANCHEVA: Yeah, a couple weeks ago.

Q. She was at the academy?

SESIL KARATANCHEVA: Yeah, practicing. You know what, it was probably like four days before she was going to come down here. So it was probably like two weeks ago.

Q. So you think she was really afraid to play you?

SESIL KARATANCHEVA: You know, I really do not know. But I don't think that a player from her rank can call a match off only because somebody said it's going to kick her ass off. If she had the guts, she's going to come kick my ass off and leave.

Q. This is your agent who told you that?

SESIL KARATANCHEVA: Yes.

Q. What is his name?

SESIL KARATANCHEVA: Oliver Vanlindoff. I definitely don't think that's the way.

Q. What did Nick tell you?

SESIL KARATANCHEVA: He's like, "Pass it away because you going to get her. You know, calm down. Keep on practicing. Your time is going to come."

Q. Have you seen her here?

SESIL KARATANCHEVA: Yes, I did. Not really charming. Not really charming. Not really charming. That's what I can say, not really charming (smiling).

Q. She knows who you are?

SESIL KARATANCHEVA: I don't know. I mean, you know, who knows. I mean, if she's too scared come on the court play against me, hey, she must know me.

Q. You're saying when you play her tomorrow or the next day, you're going to kick her ass?

SESIL KARATANCHEVA: You know what, I say I'm going to play my best tennis. Normally when I do that, I beat people that are very good. You know, I believe in my game. I believe that my game is something I worked on a lot. I think that if I play it and if I concentrate a hundred percent on something, I can do something unbelievable tomorrow. I mean, that's the way I think. Yes, I do think I can kick her ass off. Yes, I do think that. I'm saying that, I can kick her ass off.

Maria won 3-6 6-3 6-2.

After this match she did not look like Kournikova...she looked like a FOOL

skanky~skanketta
Jun 1st, 2004, 04:14 AM
i love her attitude.

gRaFiC
Jun 2nd, 2004, 07:16 AM
sesil :toothy:

how is she fairing in the girls'

Martian KC
Jun 2nd, 2004, 07:19 AM
Sesil is such a bitch:haha: and I love it!:tape:

Miranda
Jun 2nd, 2004, 07:57 AM
only 14, unbelievable, i thought she is 24 :eek:

ghosts
Jun 2nd, 2004, 08:10 AM
Sesil :kiss:

gRaFiC
Jun 7th, 2004, 12:11 PM
I guess a congratulations is in order. Who wants to congratulate then?

jimbo mack
Jun 7th, 2004, 12:17 PM
:lol: at this thread