PDA

View Full Version : Smash Court Tennis Pro Tournament 2

Pages : [1] 2

WhatTheDeuce
May 30th, 2004, 07:24 PM
I hear it came out on Friday in Europe. Does anyone here have it yet? And if so, let me know if it's any good. :D

Thanks in advance. :wavey:

Petersmiler
May 30th, 2004, 07:34 PM
I bought it yesterday and so far I'm loving it!!!

The graphics are quite cartoony in a way but it plays like a dream!

WhatTheDeuce
May 30th, 2004, 10:31 PM
:)

Bump. Anyone, please tell ALL. :bounce:

Can't wait to get this.

Dava
May 30th, 2004, 10:50 PM
IUts great, absoluty fantastic, probably the best availble for PS2 (or Virtua Tennis)

Unfortunatly they fucked up the tour mode, as you dont play full matches, they arrange the score for you say if you play a top player theyll put you in 5-1 30-40 down and you have to win the game or you loose the match.

But it does have good ideas like FEd Cup matches and qualfiing for Grand Slams. Also there is no limit to how mnay players you can make, or how good you can make them. My Elena dmeentieva has a 126Pmh serve sometimes :tape:

Berlin_Calling
May 30th, 2004, 10:53 PM
Is the create a player mode in depth like Topspin?

WhatTheDeuce
May 30th, 2004, 10:54 PM
Ack, that tour mode sounds really shitty.

Dava
May 30th, 2004, 11:05 PM
The crate a player mode unfortunatly isnt as good as topspin, you dont get to do all the facce moudleing, you have to select from default faces (which really overlook the asais). Also you dont get all the sponsers or real raquets you do in Topspin :(

Yes the tour mode is acky but more addictive then the tour mode in Topspin which I just find dull, the only good think about topspin is that you can take it online,

Arcade mode is where the real fun of this game lies.

!<blocparty>!
May 30th, 2004, 11:10 PM
The crate a player mode unfortunatly isnt as good as topspin, you dont get to do all the facce moudleing, you have to select from default faces (which really overlook the asais). Also you dont get all the sponsers or real raquets you do in Topspin :(

Yes the tour mode is acky but more addictive then the tour mode in Topspin which I just find dull, the only good think about topspin is that you can take it online,

Arcade mode is where the real fun of this game lies.
That thing is good on topspin, where u get to mess around with nose shape, sizes etc, you should see my male player, LOL, he looks like a cross between Michael Jackson and Mick Jagger.

Dava
May 30th, 2004, 11:11 PM
My Jelena Dokic has the scariest face, she looks like a reject from Planet of the Apes :tape:

F-R-E-A-K
May 30th, 2004, 11:13 PM
I cant wait for it to be realsed in AUS! :D

Dava
May 30th, 2004, 11:14 PM
Ack, that tour mode sounds really shitty.
Dont worry you'll get it for Anna ;)

- L i n a -
May 30th, 2004, 11:14 PM
I just want a tennis game with a good season...

WHY CAN'T I HAVE THAT?

Oh well... such is life.

WhatTheDeuce
May 30th, 2004, 11:29 PM
Please tell more about the gameplay, and how each individual player plays. That's what's most important IMO.

- L i n a -
May 30th, 2004, 11:34 PM
Yes, please tell us how Anna plays.

I want realistic play... i.e. Anna not being in the game.

Dava
May 30th, 2004, 11:36 PM
Anna strokes looks pretty good, this time shes an all court player, as long as you hit flat, well times shots you can win from the baseline, but when her stamina runs into the red zone, the best way to win points, is to draw your opponent into the net by playing a drop shot, and force a pass, or make a volley.

All of the players have good liekness, especially henins backhand its imporssible to read :S

How it plays well, its hard to grasp it, I lost my first match 6-0 6-0 which has never happened on the tennis comp game before. You have to hit the controler as late as possible to time the shot to perfection. Square is flat, X is slice and cirlce is topspin, and triangle is lob.

Dava
May 30th, 2004, 11:37 PM
Yes, please tell us how Anna plays.

I want realistic play... i.e. Anna not being in the game.
She alwatys ends up as world number one in thisgame, but I only lost to her once.;)

Dava
May 30th, 2004, 11:39 PM
Daniela Hantuchova is the worst player in the game, I thought my christmas had come early when we (russia, Kournikova and Dementieva) drew Slovakia in the fed cup final.

Come-on-kim
May 31st, 2004, 07:37 AM
I'll receive it in 10 days :D

TatiAnnahølic
May 31st, 2004, 09:51 AM
Unfortunatly they fucked up the tour mode, as you dont play full matches, they arrange the score for you say if you play a top player theyll put you in 5-1 30-40 down and you have to win the game or you loose the match.
I like the way the tour mode is made, it's something new I like it :)

I simply love the game it's so realistic and this time Anna is good not like in Top Spin where she was the worst player :o... I prefer this game to TS the game play is more realistic :D

tennisvideos
May 31st, 2004, 11:59 AM
Sounds promising... and by the sounds of it, at least the world tour sounds addictive coz it looks like it would be harder to get burnt out than on other games. I wonder what people who have the original PAL WTA Tour tennis game will think of this compared to it's world tour - which was incredibly realistic (but of course you could eventually get bored like any game).

Petersmiler
May 31st, 2004, 12:11 PM
IUts great, absoluty fantastic, probably the best availble for PS2 (or Virtua Tennis)

But it does have good ideas like FEd Cup matches and qualfiing for Grand Slams. Also there is no limit to how mnay players you can make, or how good you can make them. My Elena dmeentieva has a 126Pmh serve sometimes :tape:
Actually Dava, you can change the options in the tour mode so that you play normal matches instead of the missions.

Have to admit, I like the missions!

tennisvideos
May 31st, 2004, 12:21 PM
Actually Dava, you can change the options in the tour mode so that you play normal matches instead of the missions.

Have to admit, I like the missions!

Hi Petersmiler - so you can play full matches on the world tour mode? Do you have to choose before you start the world tour and then can't change - or can you change at any time on the world tour?

So you like the game?

crazillo
May 31st, 2004, 12:31 PM
Can u tell me what players are already in the game and which u have to create. Thanks in advance!

Petersmiler
May 31st, 2004, 12:40 PM
Hi TV

I'm not sure how 'full' the matches are, probably just a couple of games, but yes, you don't have to do the missions. And you can change it at any time. Having said that, I have to say that I quite like the missions, it's a bit different! And I've already qualified for three of the slams with Jelena! Lost in the second round of each though!

Yes, I do like the game very much. Most other tennis games rely on a couple of different shots at most, but this utilises quite a few different ones......... and the lob actually works sometimes!!!

Petersmiler
May 31st, 2004, 12:42 PM
Lindsay, Serena, Jennifer, Justine, Kim, Dani, Amelie and Anna(!) are all already in it.

No Venus suprisingly!

Veritas
May 31st, 2004, 12:48 PM
Is Elena Dementieva, Jelena Dokic and Monica in it?

On the mens side, is Lleyton, Paradorn, Sjeng, Roger, Rainer, Nicolas Keifer and Tim Henman in it as well?

Petersmiler
May 31st, 2004, 12:55 PM
Is Elena Dementieva, Jelena Dokic and Monica in it?

On the mens side, is Lleyton, Paradorn, Sjeng, Roger, Rainer, Nicolas Keifer and Tim Henman in it as well?
No, Jelena, Elena and Monica are not in it.

The men comprise of Henman, Blake, Roddick, Hewitt, Safin, Ferrero and a couple of others I can't remember!

TatiAnnahølic
May 31st, 2004, 12:57 PM
Gasquet and Haas ;)

Petersmiler
May 31st, 2004, 01:09 PM
Gasquet and Haas ;)
Oh thats right yes, I remember being suprised that Gasquet was in it!

Dava
May 31st, 2004, 02:59 PM

Have to admit, I like the missions!Oh wow thanks I didnt know that ;)

volta
May 31st, 2004, 03:38 PM
i like the first one but it ain´t all that like my FAv of all time VT 2k2. i hope this one is harder then the 1 and better.

Havok
May 31st, 2004, 04:01 PM
:woohoo: I can't wait for friday:rocker2: this game is sounding sooooo good, and I've read some reviews on it and they gave it 9/10:eek:

Smackie
May 31st, 2004, 04:28 PM
Yes, you can change the mode to full games, which is just a few games and increase as you progress in a tournement (6 games max in GS tournement). You can only change it whilst in 'Calendar' and cannot go back to it when you are playing a tournement.

Yes, Anna K is in it and is constantly in top ten and sometimes higher than Serena.....

Once you have won all four Slams, you basically finished the Pro Tour although you can get back in and play more.

Every training session, tournement you complete, you gain level of experience and every level you gain, you get 50 point to allocate to different aspect of your game. I am quite pissed off with the fact that you don't get any more points once you reach level 50. I was hoping to max all aspect of my player (serve, speed etc) but apparently you don't get more point once you are at level 50. So you can't make a 'perfect' player really.

I think it's better to use full game mode when your player is still new as you can grind out a match whereas in mission mode, sometimes if you face a top player and you only get one point chance against serve....which could be difficult if you face JHH in third round in a GS....a flip of backhand could almost mean the end of the match.

Oh, in case some people want to know, in Pro Tour + mission mode, not only a win in a GAME would make a difference in the match as it progresses but also the points too. For example, if you beat someone at 40-0 at 3-3, you MAY win the set. But if you beat your opponent at deuce, you may have to play one more game at the end of the set......so if you face the number one in a match and you lose the one point chance in the first set, you will only have another chance to play at 1-5 in second set.....and even if you win that, you will still lose the match.

I know this may sound complicated and a bit ramdom/confusing to those who haven't played the game but for as tennis fans, it should be quite straight forward after a couple of games.

I think the Pro Tour mode is the best part of the game. In the Arcade mode, it's piss easy to finish the game if you use JHH, Serena etc or the Rod but if you use Anna K, you may struggle a bit.

Another good thing about the game is that the characters have the real aspect of the players. For exmaple,in the game, Serena's serve is probably the best (imo) but not as good at the net as Kim or Anna K, JHH's backhand is leathal and Lindsay's forehand could be a killer and you don't see Serena play that often.....(or is it she get beaten? Can't tell as you don't really get the chance to check out the draw).

I wish they could have Venus and other russian players too but as tennis games go, it's quite good.

Smackie
May 31st, 2004, 04:32 PM
Oh, one trick which is useful is that after every win, either save it in Calendar or if you are in a tournement, exit to the main menu and it will give you a chance to save and you can always load it and resume the tournement. Quite handy if your player is new and every win is precious.

mboyle
May 31st, 2004, 04:43 PM
How does Cappy play?

Smackie
May 31st, 2004, 04:51 PM
She is quite good, but a good drop shot could guarantee an out just off T or an easy passing shot would end the point. Otherwise you could go left and right all day with Jen from baseline. I think she is better than Kim in the game. Kim is not very good overall but very good at the net. Faced Jen more often than Kim though, remember as you mentioned her. She wore both red FILA(?) and that stripes and stars outfit but doesn't look like Jen, in fact a bit mean faced if you know what I mean.

Dava
May 31st, 2004, 04:52 PM
Jen is probably the hardest to beat, especially on clay.

Havok
May 31st, 2004, 05:00 PM
WHo are the hardest to beat and who suck in the game? I'm talking about all 16 players though:p

LindsayRocks89
May 31st, 2004, 05:05 PM
How does Lindsay play :bounce:

Smackie
May 31st, 2004, 05:06 PM
JHH most definately the hardest to beat on the women side and I found Lindsay quite easy to beat. Anna K could be difficult at times.....which I ask 'WHY?'. Not sure about the men's side though as I just finished the women's side.

Smackie
May 31st, 2004, 05:12 PM
When I say not good, I mean out of the those known characters, but still pretty tough especially at the beginning.

Lindsay is not as fast as a few players and again, drop shots could give you gaps to pass if not forcing her out. Baseline with Lindsay could be tricky as her forehands are big so your player has to be very fast. If you are fast enough and have a big topspin shot, you can win quite easily. But that depends on what level you are on. For a new player....it's quite difficult to beat any of the known players.

WhatTheDeuce
May 31st, 2004, 09:21 PM
Bump.

I wish North America got this game sooner. :sad:

[S@nti]
May 31st, 2004, 09:27 PM
well, which game do you prefer? Pro Tournament 2 or Virtua Tennis?

TatiAnnahølic
May 31st, 2004, 09:29 PM
SMCPT2 Satiago ;)

Havok
May 31st, 2004, 09:39 PM
Can someone please comment on the male players in this game as well :retard:

WhatTheDeuce
May 31st, 2004, 09:40 PM
Can someone please comment on the male players in this game as well :retard:
Boooo!!! Men suck!!

LindsayRocks89
May 31st, 2004, 09:56 PM
i can't wait, it comes out on like june 8th in the U.S

faboozadoo15
May 31st, 2004, 10:58 PM
another game without roger federer :sad:
oh well, i shall create.
i don't understand how he's not on any game. i'd love to play as roger... all that crazy talent!

no monica, but i have so many others with her...

tell us also how your create-a-players are going

Havok
May 31st, 2004, 11:17 PM
Yeah, they should have taken out Gasquet :retard: and put in Federer, but I don't think they would have been able to put in every single shot Roger's got. Then he would be superhuman and you would never be able to beat him :scared:

faboozadoo15
May 31st, 2004, 11:36 PM
Yeah, they should have taken out Gasquet :retard: and put in Federer, but I don't think they would have been able to put in every single shot Roger's got. Then he would be superhuman and you would never be able to beat him :scared:
they could have just made his backhand weak :sad:
oh well...

a tennis game isn't a tennis game without seles's grunt to begin with
but i'm buying this one anyway ;)

are there grunts on the create a player :eek: :eek:

Havok
May 31st, 2004, 11:43 PM
Yes, but you can't choose which grunt you want, they just give the created players grunts:D

Smackie
Jun 1st, 2004, 06:46 AM
Oh, the grunts......I think they should use the players' real voice. It's strange not to hear Serena's screams when she does a smash. JHH's 'allez' in the game sounds lame too.

My player sounds like Kim for some reasons.

SCPT2 by far over VT2. SCPT2 is much more realistic.

turt
Jun 1st, 2004, 09:36 AM
Can anyone compare the gameplay with the one from Top Spin? I heard the first Smash Court Tennis was quite crappy in that area, compared to Top Spin which is really cool to play... Is it any different in this second version?

Dava
Jun 1st, 2004, 10:09 AM
The grunt yo get depends on which service action you use.

Berlin_Calling
Jun 1st, 2004, 09:32 PM
WHen you create a player, how many service motions, forehand motions, backhand motions, etc. can you choose from?

Smackie
Jun 1st, 2004, 09:55 PM
You can choose one/two handed backhand and how you prepare to receive serves....but not the motions.

The idea is cool though, choose the player's every move and how they sound etc. But don't think the emotional engine can cope with that.

Dava
Jun 2nd, 2004, 12:51 AM
DAVAS GUIDE TO THE FEMALE PLAYERS

Kim Clijsters

For newcomers to the game shes probably the best player to start playing with, warming up in the arcade and exhibition mode. Her hard hitting, good movement, decent serve and excellent stamina, make her probably the best player in the game, both to play as and against. Her topspin shots can generate some beautiful angles and her flat shots zip off the court when timed to perfection. Shes the only player Ive managed to go through the arcade mode in hard without dropping a game. Shes also the last player to beat me, as she thrashed me as Serena 6-2. On clay she is practically invinsible.

TIP FOR PLAYING AS KIM

Hit the ball flat from side to side, and if you time the ball correctly eventually the winner will easily come.

Jennifer Capriati

Like Kim she has good movement, and hits hard shots. Like Kim is virtually improssble to beat on clay, as she retrives a lot of balls making your stamina level drop. Her weakness is her stamina, which although stays in the green for a while, drops rapidly once it goes into the yellow. I was once being thrashed as Kournikova and was 5-2 behind, but due to the suddent lack of stamina she had i managed to turn it around.

TIP FOR PLAYING AGAINST JEN

Even if you cant win the point, stay in the point as long as possible as eventually her stamina will go down and make it easier for you to hit winners, as her movement slows.

Justine Henin-Hardenne

The best all round player, but is easily beaten when playing as Jen or Kim.

TIP FOR PLAYING AGAINST JUJU

Her backhand is practically unreadable, so its best to hit to the forehand most of the time, and then slot the winner to her backhand side, when she wont be able to hit winners from it.

Serena Williams

Serena althought the hardest hitter, is actually tough to play with. Like the real life player unless you time her shots perfectly the balls just flys long or into the net, especially when hitting the ball flat. If you dont do this right on clay you will end up ebing beaten by the stronger players in the game. Her serve also needs good timing, in order for it to achieve its full effect. Her serve is the hardest in the game to return, so its best to decide before she serves where you going to put it (crosscourt or DTL) so you can concentrate more on where shes going to put it.

TIP FOR PLAYING AGAINST RENA

Serena is practically useless at the net, and with well timed passing shots you can make easy passes. Invite her in with a drop shot.

Amelie Mauresmo

Amelie in this game plays like the poor mans Justine, and she plays with a lot less pace. Shes probably the first top player your going to beat.

ANNA KOURNIKOVA

A good all round player, who can bother you, especially on the clay. She has powerfull shots, good movement and stamina, but a weak serve, which can easily be exploited. She often comes into the net, and her solid volleys make her a good choice for doubles or the grass tournaments ;).

TIP FOR PLAYING AS ANNA

When Annas stamina is gone, her power goes down. Fortunatly her movement is still good, so stay in the rally, and at the opportune momment hit a drop shot. You can either follow it in, using her volleys (in my opinion the best in the game) to win the point, or stay back, if you are confident enough in your timing to make the pass.

TIP FOR PLAYING AGAINST ANNA

Always hit her releativly weak serve back down the line using the flat shot. This will either put her on the back foot, or proviode you with a return winner. This is effective esepcially on grass, where she often attempts serve and volley which means DTL is a great way to get some cheap points.

LINDSAY DAVENPORT

Davenport has great power, but like Serena her timing is unforgiving meaning you can hit loads of errors. Her serve is the hardest to return, and she does punnish you for makign short balls. However her movement it piss poor, making her one of the weaker players in the game.

TIP FOR PLAYING AGAINST LINDSAY

Hit the ball from side to side and eventually her poor movement will see her out of the point.

Daniela Hantuchova

The worst player in the game mainly cos while she has no weaknesses she has no strengths either. She doesnt hit that hard, move especially fast, or volley much, so shes sort of a sitting duck at the back of the court. The likes of Kim and Jen will go through her like a hot knife through butter. Kournikova is a good match up, but Anna is superior in every aspect bar the serve.

BEST PLAYER FOR BEGINNERS = KIM CLIJSTERS

Her well rounded style, and forgiving timing mean, shes the easiest to pick up and play with. The way to win is also pretty one dimensional, which is how rookies usually play (even me;) )

BEST PLAYER FOR MODERATES = ANNA KOURNIKOVA

Although she has a the worst serve its not as bad as the real thing, so should not put you off using her. Good power, good volleys and good movement, mean that any style of player (baseline, serve and volley etc) will work.

BEST PLAYER FOR THE ADVANCED = SERENA WILLIAMS

Once you can time the ball perfectly you will be practically invinsible as Serena. However if you stuggle with the timing its best to stick with Kim or Justine.

AK-DH Fan
Jun 2nd, 2004, 03:52 AM
[QUOTE=Dava]DAVAS GUIDE TO THE FEMALE PLAYERS

Thankx for the Guide, Dava u really make me want to buy this game. The players seem very simular to the real ones. The only thing that bothers me is that they made Dani suck. I don't know why they put her in there if she didn't do anything well. She should have a pretty decent serve, have solid volleys, and have powerful groundstrokes. I'm happy that they made Anna the right way this time because in Topspin they made her not nearly as good as she really is.

I appreciate the guide. Now I know what to expect :wavey: :worship: :)

LindsayRocks89
Jun 2nd, 2004, 03:57 AM
6 more days till i get the game, i'm so excited :bounce:

Smackie
Jun 2nd, 2004, 06:52 AM
DAVAS GUIDE TO THE FEMALE PLAYERS

Nice guide!

Hey, do you find the lob shot practically useless? I mainly played the pro tour and even when my player's lob is at level A (S is max), it still gets smashed wherever I drop it.

:confused:

Dymension
Jun 2nd, 2004, 07:03 AM
Game looks great :hearts:

Darop.
Jun 2nd, 2004, 09:36 AM
I just discovered something, in career mode you can choose wether to play by those mission thingys or play the whole complete matches with no dumb mission things, just go to options then Game Format: select normal play as opposed to mission play

Darop.
Jun 2nd, 2004, 09:37 AM
I just discovered something, in career mode you can choose wether to play by those mission thingys or play the whole complete matches with no dumb mission things, just go to options then Game Format: select normal play as opposed to mission play

danra
Jun 2nd, 2004, 09:47 AM
Thanks! I couldn't figure out how to change it.:wavey:

Petersmiler
Jun 2nd, 2004, 10:26 AM
Does anyone else think that the game developers must really hate Davenport? That picture they've chosen for her must be one of the worst I've seen...... and as for the in game graphics, poor poor girl!!! If I was her, I'd sue!

Dava
Jun 2nd, 2004, 10:32 AM
Nice guide!

Hey, do you find the lob shot practically useless? I mainly played the pro tour and even when my player's lob is at level A (S is max), it still gets smashed wherever I drop it.

:confused:
You really should only play it a good few feat inside the service line, when your opponent is right at the net. I actually went through a period were all my lobs came off.:lol:

V-MAC
Jun 3rd, 2004, 02:01 PM
After being adamant that i wouldn't buy this game I bought it anyway yesterday:o What struck me first of all is the poor quality of the graphics,but maybe this was over-exaggerated as I went from playing Topspin to this.Of course on Topspin,the graphics are awesome even if some of the official players don't resemble the real-life ones, (i.e-Tommy Robredo). However what I will say about SCT2 is that the players bear some resemblence to the real-life players,especially Andy Roddick.Graphics aside, the actual gameplay in this is very addictive and i love the "match-changing" points in career mode where one point could determine the whole outcome of a match.However the training is lousy and not much imagination has gone into this part of the game.Again on the plus side, I like the way you have to qualify for tournaments and that your rank doesn't suddenly shoot up from #250 to #10 in the space of a few months unlike other tennis games so at least it is realistic.talking of being realistic, your player also has a stamina bar which goes down every time you play a match.The game also features mixed doubles which is good and also I've heard that you can have mixed singles matches but haven't tried this yet.Overall, this game is worth buying if you are big into tennis games as it certainly is challenging.I'm just waiting for a game though that will combine the graphics of Topspin with the game play of SCT2, then we'd have the ultimate tennis game.
Almost forgot to mention, in this game during matches, you only have a choice of seeing the court from 2 angles. i hate this as I always like to play matches with the angle right behind my player to make it as realistic as possible.Unfortunately,this angle is not available in this game:(

BTW, what is up with Serena's outfit in this game? lol. i've never seen her wear that before!:o

Petersmiler
Jun 4th, 2004, 12:56 PM
After being adamant that i wouldn't buy this game I bought it anyway yesterday:o What struck me first of all is the poor quality of the graphics,but maybe this was over-exaggerated as I went from playing Topspin to this.Of course on Topspin,the graphics are awesome even if some of the official players don't resemble the real-life ones, (i.e-Tommy Robredo). However what I will say about SCT2 is that the players bear some resemblence to the real-life players,especially Andy Roddick.Graphics aside, the actual gameplay in this is very addictive and i love the "match-changing" points in career mode where one point could determine the whole outcome of a match.However the training is lousy and not much imagination has gone into this part of the game.Again on the plus side, I like the way you have to qualify for tournaments and that your rank doesn't suddenly shoot up from #250 to #10 in the space of a few months unlike other tennis games so at least it is realistic.talking of being realistic, your player also has a stamina bar which goes down every time you play a match.The game also features mixed doubles which is good and also I've heard that you can have mixed singles matches but haven't tried this yet.Overall, this game is worth buying if you are big into tennis games as it certainly is challenging.I'm just waiting for a game though that will combine the graphics of Topspin with the game play of SCT2, then we'd have the ultimate tennis game.
Almost forgot to mention, in this game during matches, you only have a choice of seeing the court from 2 angles. i hate this as I always like to play matches with the angle right behind my player to make it as realistic as possible.Unfortunately,this angle is not available in this game:(

BTW, what is up with Serena's outfit in this game? lol. i've never seen her wear that before!:o

You can win other camera views by winning certain things in the game. Not sure if your particular preference is one of them but I'm up to 4 different views now.

How come I can get to the quarter final of Wimbledon two years in a row, but can't get past the second round of any of the other tournaments? Is it because I made my player British??

- L i n a -
Jun 4th, 2004, 01:09 PM
Blah... I need this game.

My created Lina, with full height, long black hair, and sluttiest outfit possible... she needs to KILL ANNA.

Havok
Jun 4th, 2004, 01:47 PM
:drive: the release date is getting closer :banana::banana:

turt
Jun 4th, 2004, 04:11 PM
Okay, I've ordered the game, when my exams are over I'll get it!!! :woohoo:

faboozadoo15
Jun 4th, 2004, 04:38 PM
The grunt yo get depends on which service action you use.
are there any double syllable grunts? ;)

Mase
Jun 4th, 2004, 04:45 PM
When is the game available in the States, does anyone know? Im sure its been said 100 times, sorry in advance ;):lol:

faboozadoo15
Jun 4th, 2004, 04:49 PM
When is the game available in the States, does anyone know? Im sure its been said 100 times, sorry in advance ;):lol:
june 8th... and no prob, mase ;)

Darop.
Jun 4th, 2004, 05:11 PM
The max is SSSS not S, so if they always smash ur lob go work on it :p

Mase
Jun 4th, 2004, 07:37 PM
june 8th... and no prob, mase ;)
Thanks! :hug:

faboozadoo15
Jun 4th, 2004, 07:46 PM
Thanks! :hug:
anytime, bud ;)

also has anyone made a create-a-player, im curious how they're turning out!

Come-on-kim
Jun 4th, 2004, 08:08 PM
Okay, I've ordered the game, when my exams are over I'll get it!!! :woohoo:
Me too!!! ;) :bounce: I ordered it on proxis.be and I'll get it this week and my exams are over the 12th :D Maybe once I we can play in Brussels during the holidays!!! Kim vs Justine? :p

turt
Jun 4th, 2004, 08:09 PM
Me too!!! ;) :bounce: I ordered it on proxis.be and I'll get it this week and my exams are over the 12th :D Maybe once I we can play in Brussels during the holidays!!! Kim vs Justine? :p
You should have ordered it on Amazon.fr lol, it costs 10 EUR cheaper, even when you count the shipping from France :p

Come-on-kim
Jun 4th, 2004, 08:23 PM
You should have ordered it on Amazon.fr lol, it costs 10 EUR cheaper, even when you count the shipping from France :p
:ras:

I didn't know but as I don't have a Visa :p

turt
Jun 4th, 2004, 08:36 PM
:ras:

I didn't know but as I don't have a Visa :pYou should get one :p The annual fee is lower than the price difference ;)

K-Dog
Jun 4th, 2004, 10:11 PM
Question for all who have this game. Is timing hard to learn to do? What clothing sponscer does Serena have? Is there a tour mode and if so, where are th tournaments located? Once you become good enough, can you beat anyone with anyone? Is the game as piss poor in game play as the first? All questions I was thinking about before I buy the game on June 8th.

Dava
Jun 4th, 2004, 10:21 PM
Timing is as hard as you make it

Serena and Tommy Haas have no sponsors they just have liknesses of things they have worn.

The tour mode has tournmaments in most real locations, but the surfaces can differ from the real one.

K-Dog
Jun 4th, 2004, 10:32 PM
Dava, I have mastered the Topspin timing in one day. Saying that, is the Topspin timing anything like the Smash Court game. I have good timing with a game controller, so I was wondering. What do the Serena outfits look like anyway. Is she hard to control like everyone says. Is it easy to miss into the net or way long/wide? I want to play with her mostly, so I want to know. Have you played with Roddick, is his serve huge in the game like in real life?

Dava
Jun 4th, 2004, 10:35 PM
Topspin timing is the exact opposite, in Smash Court Tennis you press the button as late as possible, which means its harder to time. Serena is hard to time, she makes a lot more mistakes then most o the other players.

Yes he serves at about 145 MPH which is almost impossible to get back on grass :mad:

K-Dog
Jun 4th, 2004, 10:45 PM
Do you lose control if you don't time it right? If you hit topspin, does that make Serena more consistent? Have you played well with Serena? That sucks about Andy. I don't like him very much, he ticks me off with his personality. Is the timing similar to the first game, because I understood that timing in the first 5 minutes of play?

Dava
Jun 4th, 2004, 10:48 PM
Yes, on the flat shot, it can fly out, if your not in thr right place, or you time it wrong. I have not made it to the final round of the arcade mode with Serena yet :mad: Yes if you hit topspin it will always land in. But your not likly to win many points doint that.

K-Dog
Jun 4th, 2004, 11:03 PM
Is the topspin loopy? Or can you push someone back with topspin, and can you hit little topspin angles all day? Is topspin a safe shot if you want to tire your opponent out? Can you turn stamina off?

Dava
Jun 4th, 2004, 11:06 PM
The topspin is slightly loopy, sometimes it drives me bananas cos it can throw your timing off. You can hit great angles with it, but not like the special skill like in the game Topspin, where you hit the most stupidly good angles. Hitting topspin shots on clay will tire youropponent out for sure, but so will it you! I dont think you can turn it off, but Im sure you can.

K-Dog
Jun 4th, 2004, 11:11 PM
Thanks Dava, you've been a tremendous help. I usually get really antsy and what to know everything about something before I see it or get it. One last question. How do you get stamina back? I think that the stamina part might be the only non-fun part of the game.

harloo
Jun 4th, 2004, 11:18 PM
Anybody who played the first one, is it anything control wise like that one? Or is it different? If it is on par with SC1 I will save my money.:p

Dava
Jun 4th, 2004, 11:20 PM
Thanks Dava, you've been a tremendous help. I usually get really antsy and what to know everything about something before I see it or get it. One last question. How do you get stamina back? I think that the stamina part might be the only non-fun part of the game.
Your stamina goes back up slightly at the hcange of ends, but you will end up in the red no matter how hard you try (unless you make your customized player supped up)

BTW all tennis games are easy to crack, this one is no diffrent but its a lot better then topspin thats for sure

Dava
Jun 4th, 2004, 11:22 PM
Anybody who played the first one, is it anything control wise like that one? Or is it different? If it is on par with SC1 I will save my money.:p
Is slightly diffrent you can miss more, and there is the flat shot added, so you dont have those rallies where you can see your character visably ages on screen.

Bezz
Jun 4th, 2004, 11:23 PM
They should bring this game out on X-BOX- i think its unfair to restrict it to only one console. :rolleyes: :p

Dava
Jun 4th, 2004, 11:23 PM
When I say better then topspin, im tlaking about the offline mode ;)

Dava
Jun 4th, 2004, 11:24 PM
They should bring this game out on X-BOX- i think its unfair to restrict it to only one console. :rolleyes: :p
Unfortunatly for you my friend, Namco are funded by Sony and thier games are distributed through SCEE so theres very little chance of that happening.

V-MAC
Jun 4th, 2004, 11:53 PM
PLAYER UPDATE:
I've created 2 players in career mode, a male and female.Both of course are Irish:).My female player basically is venus.she looks like her,has an all-round game,has her serve and her receiveing serve stance and even has venus' trademark trusty visor:yeah: my player has a weird grunt:o rather than venus-type lil screams when she serves.I'm on my third year so far and i'm ranked around #92 which isn't too bad.Best result so far is a third round at Wimbly.Its impossible for my player to advance so far beyond the 3rd round of a slam as my matches start at 1-5 down:mad: still at least now my player doesn't have to qualify for slams any more.she also played her first top player recently but lost(Capriati 6-2 6-2:()She's fairly popular though as many of the top players want to hit with her in a practice session(already had 4)
My male player doesn't really resemble any real male players so is truly unique.he's a hard hitter and i can win matches easily with him.

K-Dog
Jun 5th, 2004, 03:13 PM

I don't know your finicial state, but Playstation2 is pretty cheap right now. Otherwise, you're SOL. Sorry my friend, but i have Sega, Playstation2, and X-Box.

K-Dog
Jun 7th, 2004, 09:00 PM
Tomorrow is the release date!!!! YEAH!!!!

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 7th, 2004, 09:02 PM
Tomorrow is the release date!!!! YEAH!!!!
Viva! :drink:

LindsayRocks89
Jun 7th, 2004, 09:09 PM
i can't wait until tomorrow

faboozadoo15
Jun 7th, 2004, 09:11 PM
hope i'll be able to pick this one up too!

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 7th, 2004, 09:12 PM
I called EB Games, and though the site says it will be out on Tuesday, the guy told me they were getting it Wednesday.

:crying2:

Oh well, such is life.

Havok
Jun 7th, 2004, 09:13 PM
:woohoo: stores better have the shipped and ready to be bought tomorrow :(

Mase
Jun 7th, 2004, 09:30 PM
I went to the store today, not realizing today isnt the 8th, I was ALL excited...

I was very let down... :sad::haha:

Berlin_Calling
Jun 7th, 2004, 09:41 PM
I went to the store today, not realizing today isnt the 8th, I was ALL excited...

lol, what store did you go to? Did they say they will have the game in tomorrow??

I am SO excited for tomorrow. I have been constantly watching the videos of the game on Ign.com and checking my local game sites to see if the release date has changed :lol:

Mase
Jun 7th, 2004, 10:26 PM
I went to a Best Buy and they said that they should have it tommorw, yup. If not I'll go to Circuit City I know they said they'd have it ;)

Berlin_Calling
Jun 7th, 2004, 10:36 PM
I just called Funcoland and they said they would have it on Wednesday and not tomorrow. I guess Ill have to try CircuitCity instead :devil:

~{X}~
Jun 7th, 2004, 10:59 PM
When the sites have the release date, that is the date that it gets shipped out to the stores so basically most stores will have it on the wed or thurs. after. I found that out last year when I went crazy after my game wasn't in the store on the Tuesday it was said to be released...::Sigh::

K-Dog
Jun 7th, 2004, 11:55 PM

Me too. I told my mom to pick me up from school and take me to bestbuy. I was so mad when they didn't have it. Anyway there is a Circuit City across the street from the Best Buy where I live, so if one doesn't have it, the other will!!

K-Dog
Jun 7th, 2004, 11:56 PM
I went to a Best Buy and they said that they should have it tommorw, yup. If not I'll go to Circuit City I know they said they'd have it ;)

Where do you live Mase? Are you sure they weren't lying to you to get you to come in tomorrow? I want to know for sure, so when I go tomorrow, it's there!!

Come-on-kim
Jun 8th, 2004, 07:20 AM
My mum called me this morning to say that the game arrived at home :D So... I'll play this weekend after my last exam!! :bounce:

turt
Jun 8th, 2004, 07:34 AM
My mum called me this morning to say that the game arrived at home :D So... I'll play this weekend after my last exam!! :bounce:Mine was sent yesterday, I can't wait before I come back home to play!

Petersmiler
Jun 8th, 2004, 10:05 AM
How's everybody doing in the world tour mode?

I don't think I'm doing THAT well, though I've just managed to scrape into the top 30. Don't quite know how I'm not higher though. I won the Aussi, and I still have SF for Wimby and QF for RG and USO from last year. Not to mention a couple of other tournament wins and several QF/SFs??

Mind you, I'm going to win Wimby this year and hopefully the USO, doubt I'll win the French yet cos I really can't seem to play well on the dirt!

danra
Jun 8th, 2004, 10:11 AM
I still can't find how to change the tour mode form 'mission' to normal matches!
I thought it was meant to be in the options? is that options on main menu or somewhere else????

please help somebody - mission mode is doing my head in!

Thx in advance:wavey:

Come-on-kim
Jun 8th, 2004, 02:22 PM
Mine was sent yesterday, I can't wait before I come back home to play!
I come back home saterday, so I'll play only after saterday :p

Timofy
Jun 8th, 2004, 02:29 PM
haha
there s a fake martina hingis named mirjan hess there, with short-long sleeves

volta
Jun 8th, 2004, 02:30 PM
you guys are making me f**** jealous cuz i don´t have the game yet. plz stop with the torture :(

Mase
Jun 8th, 2004, 02:49 PM
When the sites have the release date, that is the date that it gets shipped out to the stores so basically most stores will have it on the wed or thurs. after. I found that out last year when I went crazy after my game wasn't in the store on the Tuesday it was said to be released...::Sigh::
And thats what im finding out today... I called everyone and now they're saying they dont have it, Circuit City the other day was like OH if it comes out Tues we'll have it. Yeah they dont, bastards, hahahaha!

Oh well I guess its only a few more days right? Toys R Us said they may get it later today, I'll call them for thr hell of it but I doubt it.. :sad:

Keith
Jun 8th, 2004, 03:16 PM
For games that are not a hot ticket (like this one) the release date (June 8th) is the day that the game is shipped from the factory to the stores and usually the store will receive the game later in the day or the next day. Since they are in no rush to get the game out, it doesn't appear on shelves until at least one day after the listed release date. However, it normally takes 2 days following the release that it is available for purchase. On the other hand, games like GTA:Vice City, Halo 2, Splinter Cell 2 and other highly anticipated titles are able to be purchased the DAY of the release. Usually the stores (not Best Buy or Circuit City as much as a Funcoland, EBgames etc.,) sell the game right out of the box from the factory around 3pm in the day, or the moment the game gets to the store.

- L i n a -
Jun 8th, 2004, 03:19 PM
Ack...

I'm close to buying a PS2 just for this game...

People, please praise this game so I do it.

Keith
Jun 8th, 2004, 03:20 PM
I recently sold my PS2 since I havent touched it since last summer. I'm not too disappointed that I will miss this game.

Petersmiler
Jun 8th, 2004, 03:22 PM
I still can't find how to change the tour mode form 'mission' to normal matches!
I thought it was meant to be in the options? is that options on main menu or somewhere else????

please help somebody - mission mode is doing my head in!

Thx in advance:wavey:
Hi

When the calendar screen is on, hit triangle and move across to options then down to settings. Change it to normal!

danra
Jun 8th, 2004, 03:53 PM
Hi

When the calendar screen is on, hit triangle and move across to options then down to settings. Change it to normal!
Ta mucho :wavey:

Anna F'd Enrique
Jun 8th, 2004, 04:28 PM
is the game out today in the US???? I might go buy it

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 8th, 2004, 04:54 PM
all the EB Games i called said its coming in tomorrow, and one Microplay i called told me to call later today at around 4 and theyll probably have it.

if not today, then tomorrow.

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 8th, 2004, 04:54 PM
is the game out today in the US???? I might go buy it
it should be

K-Dog
Jun 8th, 2004, 04:57 PM
I went to Best Buy, Circuit City, and Wal-Mart and none of them have it. Best Buy said the 12th maybe, buts that's all that i asked. I'll go to Wal-Mart and Circuit City tomorrow, but I guess that nobody in Wisconsin will have it until next week.!!

K-Dog
Jun 8th, 2004, 04:59 PM
it should be

The fact that the game isn't going to be a big sell, they probably won't have it for another couple of days. Some might not release it until next week. Video game stores suck!!

V-MAC
Jun 8th, 2004, 05:06 PM
Is it possible to beat a top player (cappy,serena,lindsay etc) in mission mode without having to drop a set? :mad: my matches always start against them either with my player being 1-5 down first set or else start with my player having lost the first set.Anyway my venus has risen up the rankings to #42 now.this is still a bad rank after what my player has achieved this season,she beat serena,lindsay,kim,kournikova,amelie a handful of times each and won 2 major tournaments aswell as 3 other minor ones. Anyone manage to become #1 yet?I'm wondering how do you achieve it or is it actually possible.:o

K-Dog
Jun 8th, 2004, 05:11 PM
Is it possible to beat a top player (cappy,serena,lindsay etc) in mission mode without having to drop a set? :mad: my matches always start against them either with my player being 1-5 down first set or else start with my player having lost the first set.Anyway my venus has risen up the rankings to #42 now.this is still a bad rank after what my player has achieved this season,she beat serena,lindsay,kim,kournikova,amelie a handful of times each and won 2 major tournaments aswell as 3 other minor ones. Anyone manage to become #1 yet?I'm wondering how do you achieve it or is it actually possible.:o

That's great to hear V-MAC. I know I told you I would private message you today, but the stores don't have the game yet. I'm so frustrated!! I hope I can respond to this soon, because I want the game soooo bad!!

LindsayRocks89
Jun 8th, 2004, 09:34 PM
i went to best buy and they didn't have it :fiery: went to toysrus and they didnt have it, i'm sure it will be here sooner or later :D

Havok
Jun 9th, 2004, 12:04 AM
Check tomorrow, that's the date all the stores said they are gonna receive it

CJ07
Jun 9th, 2004, 12:06 AM
well like someone said its not a major blockbuster so don't expect everyone to have it immediately

Havok
Jun 9th, 2004, 12:07 AM
even if it won't be a major blockbuster, game stores will have it. the crappiest games are shippet out to them, so this one will:D

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 9th, 2004, 12:34 AM
cant wait for tomorrow :bounce:

faboozadoo15
Jun 9th, 2004, 12:35 AM
actually, everywhere i look, it tops the coming soon list and stuff like that. so it should sell well.

Berlin_Calling
Jun 9th, 2004, 01:00 AM
Virtua Tennis and Topspin were huge hits. If this game is up to level with those other two, it can do really well.

P.S. I cant till tomorrow!

BigB08822
Jun 9th, 2004, 01:02 AM
I think no one has it because it is not being released until tomorrow (6/9/04). Try then.

CJ07
Jun 9th, 2004, 02:41 AM
IGN gave it a pretty mild review, 8 out of 10. They said the controls were horrid, and the games predicatable and frustrating.
But other than that they said it was good.

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 9th, 2004, 02:57 AM
8 out of ten is good. Another site gave it 9.

Berlin_Calling
Jun 9th, 2004, 03:00 AM
IGN gave the first one and 8 also, and then this one an 8 but they say that this one is substantially better than the first...I don't really understand that.

faboozadoo15
Jun 9th, 2004, 03:20 AM
IGN gave the first one and 8 also, and then this one an 8 but they say that this one is substantially better than the first...I don't really understand that.
well i think all games even on the same platform are supposed to get better, so now it's an 8, and back then could have been a 10.

KingA
Jun 9th, 2004, 03:39 AM
For those ppl in Australia, I've checked with the shop and they said the official release date is 20th June 2004. :)

tennisvideos
Jun 9th, 2004, 12:56 PM
I ordered it from England and got it a few days ago. I love it. The gameplay is the most realistic of all the tennis games - I mean you actually hit the ball in 'real time' - in other words as the ball is just about to reach you. Unlike Virtua Tennis and Sega Sports where you have to hit so early.

I have created a number of the oldies like: Margaret Court, Billie-Jean King, Chris Evert, Evonne Goolagong, Betty Stove, Francoise Durr etc and will be creating more. Gonna get a few of my mates over to try out multiplayer mode singles and doubles and then I'll give a review.

Petersmiler
Jun 9th, 2004, 01:01 PM
I ordered it from England and got it a few days ago. I love it. The gameplay is the most realistic of all the tennis games - I mean you actually hit the ball in 'real time' - in other words as the ball is just about to reach you. Unlike Virtua Tennis and Sega Sports where you have to hit so early.

I have created a number of the oldies like: Margaret Court, Billie-Jean King, Chris Evert, Evonne Goolagong, Betty Stove, Francoise Durr etc and will be creating more. Gonna get a few of my mates over to try out multiplayer mode singles and doubles and then I'll give a review.
I agree about the timing, much more realistic. And it makes a big difference which surface you play on too. I've won both wimby and aus open but I can't for the life of me get anywhere on clay! I keep miss-timing!

Mase
Jun 9th, 2004, 01:02 PM
For people in the States, if you have a Gamestop store around your area they told me that they would be receiving the game today so lets cross our fingers!!!

LindsayRocks89
Jun 9th, 2004, 01:07 PM
what would a gamestop store be?

*hingis_forever*
Jun 9th, 2004, 01:12 PM
what would a gamestop store be?
Most of them are inside malls. Do you know Funcoland? Well, if you do, it's their store.

LindsayRocks89
Jun 9th, 2004, 01:13 PM
ok thanks

Petersmiler
Jun 9th, 2004, 01:14 PM
I kept wondering to myself why we brits got this first? And then I realised, Wimbledon! The one time of the year that the majority of the UK actually realises that tennis exists!

TatiAnnahølic
Jun 9th, 2004, 01:16 PM
SCTPT 2 is the official game of Roland Garros so the game came out in Europe during the tournament.

Havok
Jun 9th, 2004, 01:36 PM
Well I don't know if EBGames exists in the US, but they also should have it today. In fact a lot of stores will have it today, go search for it. :drive:

aNYthing
Jun 9th, 2004, 02:19 PM
EB games began in the US i believe. There is not even a Canadian version of the website :o

*roddicksinme*
Jun 9th, 2004, 02:34 PM
EB Games is right across the street from where I work and I am getting off at 5PM :D

faboozadoo15
Jun 9th, 2004, 02:40 PM
also check babbages if u have one. thats another gamestop store.

Berlin_Calling
Jun 9th, 2004, 03:07 PM
My local Funcoland just said they are expecting the game on Monday or Tuesday because it is not on the A-list :rolleyes: but the local Gamestop said that they are supposed to have it later today. Fingers are crossed.

tennisvideos
Jun 9th, 2004, 03:08 PM
I played some exhibitions with my newly created players (no skills at all) and had some great rallies. The gameplay really is excellent. This game is definately the most realistic and you can make errors if you don't time it well. Plus if you are not in position you are going to pop up a weak reply or maybe even miss the shot... there are no impossible gets like on most of the other games.

Of course the graphics are not as good as Sega Sports Tennis or TopSpin but who cares. The gameplay is FAR more important. This one feels and plays great!!!!!!! A definate must have for any tennis gaming fan.

LindsayRocks89
Jun 9th, 2004, 03:10 PM
it would be alot easier if bestbuy had it today, but i don't think they will, so i'll just go to the mall and look at some game stores. From what i've seen, i think the graphics are alot better than sega sports tennis.

Veritas
Jun 9th, 2004, 03:15 PM
I'm only buying the game because they've finally got an official Lleyton Hewitt on a PS2 tennis game. Thank God I had the patience to wait and not buy an X-Box.

Btw, in the XBox tennis game (my memory's short) they've managed to mirror Lleyton's service and groundstroke action pretty well. Does anyone know whether it's just as good on this PS2 game?

LindsayRocks89
Jun 9th, 2004, 03:17 PM
yeah thats what i was wondering about players also, like for Lindsay is her service motion like hers in real life and do people have different style groundstrokes for how they really play, and what about Lindsay's movemnet?

- L i n a -
Jun 9th, 2004, 03:23 PM
I played some exhibitions with my newly created players (no skills at all) and had some great rallies. The gameplay really is excellent. This game is definately the most realistic and you can make errors if you don't time it well. Plus if you are not in position you are going to pop up a weak reply or maybe even miss the shot... there are no impossible gets like on most of the other games.

Of course the graphics are not as good as Sega Sports Tennis or TopSpin but who cares. The gameplay is FAR more important. This one feels and plays great!!!!!!! A definate must have for any tennis gaming fan.
The graphics aren't as good as Virtua Tennis 2?

It's so sad that Dreamcast had to die...

Berlin_Calling
Jun 9th, 2004, 03:27 PM
The graphics aren't as good as Virtua Tennis 2?

It's so sad that Dreamcast had to die...
Dreamcast is one of the best consoles ever! it's still my fav along with PS2 :worship:

faboozadoo15
Jun 9th, 2004, 03:38 PM
from the video streams that were posted, the graphics seem at least better than sega tennis... but that's just my opinion.

LindsayRocks89
Jun 9th, 2004, 04:23 PM
from the video streams that were posted, the graphics seem at least better than sega tennis... but that's just my opinion.

yep thats what i thought

Havok
Jun 9th, 2004, 04:24 PM
Well I went to the store and they said the'll receive it tomorrow :fiery: another days wait for this game. :yawn:

LindsayRocks89
Jun 9th, 2004, 04:24 PM
Well I went to the store and they said the'll receive it tomorrow :fiery: another days wait for this game. :yawn:

what store did you go to?

- L i n a -
Jun 9th, 2004, 04:25 PM
K... I've committed to this game.

Spent the $20 for a modchip... and will be getting a PS2 when I stop hacking cum out of my throat.

If this game sucks, I will HATE all of you. Especially Dave.

Havok
Jun 9th, 2004, 04:25 PM
I went to EB Games

Evonne Goolagong
Jun 9th, 2004, 04:29 PM
:hug: tennisvideos

:wavey: jahrim

:wavey: keith

:wavey: Bezz

I'm going out of town for week, have fun everyone. :bounce:

Smackie
Jun 9th, 2004, 04:50 PM
K... I've committed to this game.

Spent the $20 for a modchip... and will be getting a PS2 when I stop hacking cum out of my throat.

If this game sucks, I will HATE all of you. Especially Dave.

You won't be disappointed. but $20 for the chip? Hm....I hope you are not doing it yourself.....it's also quite expensive to get the soldering iron and wires. I would say it would cost $80 to get it done. Don't fry your console! Get pros to do itfor you. I have witness too many 'dead bodies' to give you this advice.

Have fun Evonne!

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 9th, 2004, 04:56 PM
EB Games here said they were getting it tomorrow, but Microplay told me to call back around 3 or 4 today because they think they are getting it today.

Fingers crossed.

K-Dog
Jun 9th, 2004, 05:57 PM
Just called Funcoland, and they said they would have it in the store tomorrow!! My fingers are crossed!!

Mase
Jun 9th, 2004, 06:07 PM
I just called TOYS R US and they have it!!!!!!!!! Im going to 430 sharp!! :bounce:

LindsayRocks89
Jun 9th, 2004, 06:15 PM
I just called TOYS R US and they have it!!!!!!!!! Im going to 430 sharp!! :bounce:

you're so lucky, i will check but i don't think the toysrus here will have it, i'm going to try though, tell me what you think of the game when you get it.

Berlin_Calling
Jun 9th, 2004, 06:24 PM
where do you live?

Mase
Jun 9th, 2004, 06:25 PM
Virginia ;)

LindsayRocks89
Jun 9th, 2004, 06:27 PM
Virginia ;)

well the toysrus in Illinois is retarded :mad:

V-MAC
Jun 9th, 2004, 06:30 PM
I still think overall that is worth buying an X-Box for Topspin. Topspin for me still pips SCPT2 to the post for best tennis game.:)

K-Dog
Jun 9th, 2004, 06:39 PM
Lucky for you Mase!! My mom has been telling me that she didn't want me to get the game until Thurdsay(exams), I guess that her "prayer" was answered.

aNYthing
Jun 9th, 2004, 07:58 PM
:wavey: HAVE FUN EVONNE! :wavey:

j_dementieva27
Jun 9th, 2004, 08:33 PM
how muich does it cost in the united states?

Mase
Jun 9th, 2004, 08:35 PM
I just got it and am playing it and its different tahn any tennis game I've played! The grpahics are good although IMO Jen looks nothing like she does in real life. SOme of the people look damn realistic, not Jen though.

I havent won a match yet, though Im trying. This is a game where I may have to read the instructions, its very easy to make a UFE in this version!

BTW the game is 39.99+tax!!!

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 9th, 2004, 09:15 PM
yay i just got it

going to play now

LindsayRocks89
Jun 9th, 2004, 09:25 PM
well i called bestbuy, they will have it friday or saturday :o so i called this small game store in the mall and they will have it tomorrow :worship: I can't wait, that phone call made my dad, lol will you guys tell me if Lindsay plays like the real lindsay

wilson-dunlop
Jun 9th, 2004, 09:30 PM
Can someone tell me about the male players? Like Dava did for the women

K-Dog
Jun 9th, 2004, 10:15 PM
I just got it and am playing it and its different tahn any tennis game I've played! The grpahics are good although IMO Jen looks nothing like she does in real life. SOme of the people look damn realistic, not Jen though.

I havent won a match yet, though Im trying. This is a game where I may have to read the instructions, its very easy to make a UFE in this version!

BTW the game is 39.99+tax!!!

Have fun! I called my Toys R Us in Wisconsin, and they didn't have it. Damn Wisconsin! I'm going over to Funcoland tommorrow after my last exam, I hope and prayer to my God that they actually have it, and that the guy I called isn't a fucking lier!! Good luck, and play well with Jenny.

K-Dog
Jun 9th, 2004, 10:18 PM
Can someone tell me about the male players? Like Dava did for the women

I wish I could!! It sounds to me like Andy is very similiar to real life. I hear that his serve is huge too!! It sounds like the only man that shouldn't be in the game is Richard Gasquet. I don't know why they have him in the game, they should've put Andre or Roger instead!! Good luck finding and buying the game!!

- L i n a -
Jun 9th, 2004, 10:18 PM
Dave, get online and tell me how the game is.

I better be hearing en masse and/or :anzela: about the game.

Havok
Jun 10th, 2004, 12:41 AM
Lina, Dave will be getting online later tonight. That ass always gets shit before I do.:(

K-Dog
Jun 10th, 2004, 01:59 AM
I can't wait, only about 15 hrs. until I go and hopefully get my game!!

tennisvideos
Jun 10th, 2004, 03:34 AM
No way ... but they are good enough for me. :)

tennisvideos
Jun 10th, 2004, 03:41 AM
:hug: tennisvideos

:wavey: jahrim

:wavey: keith

:wavey: Bezz

I'm going out of town for week, have fun everyone. :bounce:
Hi Evonne! :wavey:

Have a fun trip!

This game is lots of fun, I have only spent a couple of hours with it as very busy plus going away for a tennis tournament myself this weekend. But using a memory card I was able to create 10 of the old 70s players like Court, Goolagong, King, Evert, Wade, Durr, Stove, Casals, Austin & Navratilova.

Very limited choice of hairstyles, faces etc but you can approximate your player OK.

But it is the gameplay that I love the most. Even with no developed skills on my players I am having great exhibition matches with lots of good rallies. The shotmaking feels like you are really playing too coz you have to hit the ball almost as it reaches the player to time it the best. If you hit too early (like Sega Tennis , Virtua Tennis etc requires) then you will hit weak or miss. I like this 'real time' hitting aspect on this game a lot.

I am going to have to have another game with the Topspin to make a comparison. Topspin is still a great game and I am not sure which one is better, they both have different appeal. But it's good to have some choice in which one to play. And the true test for me will come when I have my friends over for multiplayer. Bezz will love it that you can't hit freaky topspin winner angles like you can on Topspin :lol:

Evonne - we WILL have a live game on topspin again soon. I just haven't played it in months and haven't had much spare time. But I will message you.

:)

Becool
Jun 10th, 2004, 03:55 AM
I hope this game is coming to Brazil soon.. :bounce:

faboozadoo15
Jun 10th, 2004, 04:11 AM
i have it now and i really really like it! it's so different and u can't win a point the same way twice like you can on other games.

tennisvideos-- i plays sega yesterday and this one today and i think the graphics are much better on this game... but maybe just my opinion.

i'll give u guys updates on my progress (or lack of..) this games kinda hard to get. im in the 3rd round of the aussie with my made monica. and ive squeaked through my last 2 matches so i think this may be the end of the run.

*roddicksinme*
Jun 10th, 2004, 04:13 AM
can you create unlimited players??
and can you put all of them into the pro tour together when you play tour mode?

faboozadoo15
Jun 10th, 2004, 04:13 AM
what is best about this game is the incredible likeness that the players have to their own game. i played henin and couldn't believe it. she isn't your "stock" player but they have her game beautifully here.

no complaints so far, but can someone suggest which face number i should choose for monica???

id really appreciate your input!
thx

Berlin_Calling
Jun 10th, 2004, 04:46 AM
12 more hourss! :eek:

Petersmiler
Jun 10th, 2004, 09:22 AM
Well, I'm holding both Wimbledon and the Aussie open, a couple of higher grade tournament wins and I'm still only No 29!!!!!

Where all the other players get their points from is beyond me!

köj-è
Jun 10th, 2004, 12:49 PM
I got it a week ago! it's fantastic and makes me addicted! now I'm in the 3rd year rank 94.. :)

Smackie
Jun 10th, 2004, 01:19 PM
what is best about this game is the incredible likeness that the players have to their own game. i played henin and couldn't believe it. she isn't your "stock" player but they have her game beautifully here.

no complaints so far, but can someone suggest which face number i should choose for monica???

id really appreciate your input!
thx

I am not sure you can pick a face that looks like any real players in Pro Tour. Maybe you have to finish all the practice and Challenge and stuff (which I only played a bit) but I am playing Pro Tour the third time but still no faces that resemble any real players.

Also, do you notice everyone's 'Come on!' sounds like Kim????

- L i n a -
Jun 10th, 2004, 01:21 PM
I want this game so much.

Relax Leelee... soon enough.

V-MAC
Jun 10th, 2004, 01:21 PM
Well, I'm holding both Wimbledon and the Aussie open, a couple of higher grade tournament wins and I'm still only No 29!!!!!

Where all the other players get their points from is beyond me!
:eek: I know trying to get a good rank in this game is virtually impossible i think.i'm on the brink of complete frustration right now coz I can't get my player ranked higher than #62 :o even though I've won every tournament except for any slam yet.I think,which is bad in the game,that you get more points for winning a challenger type event than reaching the quarters of a slam :mad:

V-MAC
Jun 10th, 2004, 01:23 PM
I am not sure you can pick a face that looks like any real players in Pro Tour. Maybe you have to finish all the practice and Challenge and stuff (which I only played a bit) but I am playing Pro Tour the third time but still no faces that resemble any real players.

:lol: I think the "grunts" that goes with the no.1 serve option sounds identical to Francesca Schiavone's grunts :o :o don't like it coz it makes my venus sound like a man when she strikes the ball :o :o

Smackie
Jun 10th, 2004, 01:34 PM
:eek: I know trying to get a good rank in this game is virtually impossible i think.i'm on the brink of complete frustration right now coz I can't get my player ranked higher than #62 :o even though I've won every tournament except for any slam yet.I think,which is bad in the game,that you get more points for winning a challenger type event than reaching the quarters of a slam :mad:

Play a small tournement then you will get the chance to practice with a top 50 player or something - which you need to beat in 5 points. Also training can get your level up and gain points for Power, Stamina and Skill and stuff which helps you to get through a GS tournement. If you can't clear level 2-3 training course, then you chance of winning a GS is slim.

Smackie
Jun 10th, 2004, 01:39 PM
:lol: I think the "grunts" that goes with the no.1 serve option sounds identical to Francesca Schiavone's grunts :o :o don't like it coz it makes my venus sound like a man when she strikes the ball :o :o

Hahah, Venus' grunt is a high pitch scream, nothing like a man!

Mase
Jun 10th, 2004, 01:56 PM

It does, hahahhaa. And Justines ALLEZ is now forever on my game. As if we don't hear it enough...:eek::eek:

- L i n a -
Jun 10th, 2004, 02:05 PM
It does, hahahhaa. And Justines ALLEZ is now forever on my game. As if we don't hear it enough...:eek::eek:
Ugh...

Justine yelling ALLEZ makes me want this game the most.

If she says it after every opponent's UE's... I'm stealing a PS2 and the game right now.

Havok
Jun 10th, 2004, 02:06 PM
:eek: so Christine DOES yell allez :rocker2:

turt
Jun 10th, 2004, 02:07 PM
Ugh...

Justine yelling ALLEZ makes me want this game the most.

If she says it after every opponent's UE's... I'm stealing a PS2 and the game right now.:haha:

Does she raise her hand when she's down 4-2 in a final set? Oh, and what about the injury time-outs and the faking cramps? :tape: ;)

:haha:

tennisvideos
Jun 10th, 2004, 02:27 PM
tennisvideos-- i plays sega yesterday and this one today and i think the graphics are much better on this game... but maybe just my opinion.

Hi fabazadoo - I think you are right. The more I play the better I like it and the better it looks. And many of the players are pretty accurate.

Cheers :)

köj-è
Jun 10th, 2004, 02:57 PM
i lost in Roma QF! :mad: after beating Samantha .... #10 in the world then lost to world #19... :sad: now I ranked #91

xr6turbo
Jun 10th, 2004, 03:17 PM
Im gonna get this game when it comes out Australia!!! Only a couple more weeks!!

TatiAnnahølic
Jun 10th, 2004, 03:31 PM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: I just won RG (my record was the r16 in the past 3 seasons) the only slam left in my career and finally got the number #1 too, I'm soo happy :D :D This is my fourth season and I have: 1 RG, 2 Wimbledon, 1 AO and 2 USO plus some other tournaments, these are the ranking right now:

1. Tatiana Golovin 7550 :worship:
2. Lindsay Davenport 5525
3. Justine Henin-Hardenne 5425
4. Kim Clijsters 5395
5. Jennifer Capriati 5060
6. Serena Williams 4790
7. Isabel Roost 4780
8. Anna Kournikova 4675

My W/L record is: 197-23 (31-0 this season)
Titles: 24 (5 this season)
Earnings: 11.908.500 € (3.030.000 € this season)

and these are all my results this fourth season:

Australian Open
1rd def. Bredael(97) 6-1 6-2
2rd def. Kasahara(33) 6-3 -4
3rd def. Richardson(34) 6-1 6-1
4rd def. Clijsters(1) 6-3 6-2
QF def. Capriati(6) 6-3 4-6 6-3
SF def. Henin-Hardenne(9) 6-3 6-4
F def. Davenport(5) 6-3 6-2

Madrid
1rd def. Folques(49) 6-2 4-6 6-4 [I hate clay :mad: ]
2rd def. Kasahara(33) 6-2 6-2
3rd def. Jones(16) 6-2 4-6 6-4
4rd def. Clijsters(1) 6-3 6-3
SF def. Henin-Hardenne(5) 6-2 6-4
F def. Hantuchova(15) 6-3 6-1

Roma
1rd def. Gianoni(26) 6-1 6-1
2rd def. Hantuchova(10) 6-4 6-2
QF def. Kournikova(8) 7-5 6-3
SF def. Hess(20) 6-2 6-2
F def. Jones(16) 6-1 6-2

Hamburgo
1rd def. Montillet(50) 6-2 6-3
2rd def. Goetschl(17) 6-1 6-4
3rd def. Jones(15) 6-2 6-3
QF def. Clijsters(2) 6-4 6-4
SF def. Henin-Hardenne(5) 7-5 6-3
F def. Capriati(9) 6-3 7-6

Roland Garros
1rd def. Sakhnov(116 :eek: ) 6-2 6-2
2rd def. Frei(53) 6-2 6-3
3rd def. Kournikova(8) 6-3 6-3
4rd def. Goetschl(17) 6-1 6-2
QF def. Liskova(16) 6-1 6-2
SF def. Henin-Hardenne(3) 6-1 6-3
F def. Clijsters(5) 6-3 6-2 :woohoo:

LindsayRocks89
Jun 10th, 2004, 03:47 PM
will you lose points in the tour mode if you don't defend them in the following year?

Darop.
Jun 10th, 2004, 04:02 PM
will you lose points in the tour mode if you don't defend them in the following year?
Yup, I retired in my 3rd year of aus open ( I had won in my 2nd year) and i went from 1 to 6...

V-MAC
Jun 10th, 2004, 05:58 PM
Hahah, Venus' grunt is a high pitch scream, nothing like a man!
:o obviously i'm not talking about the real-life Venus, i'm talking about the venus i created in the game. :lol: i wish the game featured venus-type high-pitch "scream grunts" though :hearts:

- L i n a -
Jun 10th, 2004, 05:59 PM
Yay. I'm getting the game tomorrow.

Smackie
Jun 10th, 2004, 07:21 PM
Finished it for the third time with an elongated Justine who I couldn't find the appropriate outfit, hair style, face, movements and racquet for. Did it in 2 years and played every single big tournement.

I think the best thing to do when you start is to add the exp points you gain to topspin, power, serve then stamina as these will help tremendously. Also use normal mode at the beginning and change it back to mission mode when your player is 'ready'.

Now I am bored and I have few more days before my new job.... :(

Smackie
Jun 10th, 2004, 07:24 PM
:o obviously i'm not talking about the real-life Venus, i'm talking about the venus i created in the game. :lol: i wish the game featured venus-type high-pitch "scream grunts" though :hearts:

I know I know. Was just saying there aren't that many thing you could use to build someone like our faves. Maybe we aren't supposed to!?

Anyone think someone called M.Hess looks like Martina H? She even wears the odd sleeves top!

- L i n a -
Jun 10th, 2004, 08:11 PM
Finished it for the third time with an elongated Justine who I couldn't find the appropriate outfit, hair style, face, movements and racquet for. Did it in 2 years and played every single big tournement.
Does the mission mode (whatever the career thing is called), only last 2 years? I was hoping it would be infinite.

Anyone think someone called M.Hess looks like Martina H? She even wears the odd sleeves top!
Can you change those players names?

K-Dog
Jun 10th, 2004, 08:15 PM
I just got the game about 3 hours ago. I took me three matches to get the hang of it, and now it's super easy for me to beat anyone on hard. I haven't started the tour mode, but I will soon. The only thing I don't like is the stamina meter. What happens if it runs out?

- L i n a -
Jun 10th, 2004, 09:39 PM
Someone talk more about the game.

LindsayRocks89
Jun 10th, 2004, 09:43 PM
all the stores are still saying it hasn't came in or they don't have it, one more store to call, they better or i'll go crazy.

- L i n a -
Jun 10th, 2004, 09:44 PM
All 8 of the EB's and Gamestop's within 10 minutes of me have the game.

I just need the money to buy a PS2 tomorrow. :p

Berlin_Calling
Jun 10th, 2004, 09:45 PM
im gonna go pick the game up at my local EB Games now! :bounce:

- L i n a -
Jun 10th, 2004, 09:46 PM
Everyone, tell me how the game is.

And create a Lina in your game.

Tallest height available. Long, long black hair. Small boobies like Justine.

LindsayRocks89
Jun 10th, 2004, 10:00 PM
a store has it, but my mom isn't home to take me, if they run out i will go crazy

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 10th, 2004, 10:09 PM

:haha:

VenusSerenaBlvd.
Jun 10th, 2004, 10:57 PM
Anyone live in Los Angeles? If so, do you know where they sell this game because I've called soooo many places and they still don't have it. I'm dying to play it and create Venus.

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 10th, 2004, 11:05 PM
Anyone live in Los Angeles? If so, do you know where they sell this game because I've called soooo many places and they still don't have it. I'm dying to play it and create Venus.
If you have any of the following stores around you, call them:

EB Games
Toys 'R' Us
Funcoland
Wal-Mart

VenusSerenaBlvd.
Jun 10th, 2004, 11:09 PM
I tried EB Games and they said that they haven't gotten the shipment yet. Toy's R Us didn't have it yet. Wal-MArt and Funcoland, I'll try. Thanks!!

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 10th, 2004, 11:17 PM
I tried EB Games and they said that they haven't gotten the shipment yet. Toy's R Us didn't have it yet. Wal-MArt and Funcoland, I'll try. Thanks!!
Ask EB Games when they expect that game to come, because they should be able to provide you with that information, and they should recieve it quite soon as well, possibly later today or tomorrow. Shipments come every day for them. :wavey:

LindsayRocks89
Jun 10th, 2004, 11:47 PM
i got the game, w00t

VenusSerenaBlvd.
Jun 11th, 2004, 12:29 AM
LindsayRocks, where are u located and where did you get your game?

LindsayRocks89
Jun 11th, 2004, 01:30 AM
LindsayRocks, where are u located and where did you get your game?

i'm located in Moline, IL and i got my game at Video Games etc, it is very fun and realistic, i think the graphics are great, i think i'm going to start the tour mode soon.

Anna F'd Enrique
Jun 11th, 2004, 01:46 AM
who lives in newport beach california and would like to tell me where to buy this game ?

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 11th, 2004, 01:48 AM
Seems like California sucks if you want this game. :bigcry:

LeonHart
Jun 11th, 2004, 01:52 AM
I ordered this game from Amazon.com. It should arrive around June 15th :(

F-R-E-A-K
Jun 11th, 2004, 01:58 AM
I will get this game around June 18th ... soo long away!! GRRR! :)

Berlin_Calling
Jun 11th, 2004, 04:20 AM

LOL, the tallest height available is 6'7 for a female :o That's you Leena.

BTW, I have been playing the game for 5 hours straight :eek::tape:

LindsayRocks89
Jun 11th, 2004, 04:57 AM
i just took a break from the game, i have been playing for 4 to 5 hours, jeesh, time goes by fast ;)

- L i n a -
Jun 11th, 2004, 05:12 AM
LOL, the tallest height available is 6'7 for a female :o That's you Leena.

BTW, I have been playing the game for 5 hours straight :eek::tape:
I'll easily beat 5 hours. :p

I played Final Fantasy II (IV) for 30 hours straight. That was the day I had my wisdom teeth pulled, and sleeping was impossible... still no excuse, I guess.

Even worse, I played a 5 hour long TTT match. At that point, you fully realize how you're completely wasting your life.

faboozadoo15
Jun 11th, 2004, 03:17 PM
I'll easily beat 5 hours. :p

I played Final Fantasy II (IV) for 30 hours straight. That was the day I had my wisdom teeth pulled, and sleeping was impossible... still no excuse, I guess.

Even worse, I played a 5 hour long TTT match. At that point, you fully realize how you're completely wasting your life.
nah, getting your wisdom teeth pulled IS a good excuse. and playing video games keeps u fromm being bitchy to the people around you. i didn't even have all 4 but i was miserable and sat around... not quite for thirty hiurs, but i can definitely understand ;)

Lee-Waters' Boy
Jun 11th, 2004, 03:48 PM
i cant find any gamestop or eb in dallas that has the game yet lol

K-Dog
Jun 11th, 2004, 04:22 PM
i cant find any gamestop or eb in dallas that has the game yet lol

Go to the Gamestop website. Find the link that says store locator. Type in your city name and state and they will find a store either in your city, or close to your city. Call their phone number, and see if you can reserve a copy or get on their call list so when the game comes in, they'll call you!! That's the best option. Otherwise, go to a mall and try to find a store there. They might have a video games store. Wal-Mart is yor next best option. Best-Buy and Circuit City are slackers and they don't give a shit about the game. Good luck Lee-Water's Boy!

K-Dog
Jun 11th, 2004, 04:25 PM
Wow, the women's version is so easy to play, the men's is a different story!!

Mase
Jun 11th, 2004, 04:27 PM
Im glad your doing well man cause Im still struggling with my NICE serves and strokes... How sad am I?!!? :haha:

K-Dog
Jun 11th, 2004, 04:34 PM
Im glad your doing well man cause Im still struggling with my NICE serves and strokes... How sad am I?!!? :haha:

The key to timing that serve(which is hard), is wait until the ball is lit up and at the very end of your serve, press your directional. That way you can't hit it wide and you will actually change the direction from a body serve. The only two thing I hate about the game is the stamina meter(this encourages short matches), and the running shot is quite difficult to time. The strokes are hard to time because I'm used to TopSpin where you want to take the ball early, but here it's taking the ball a little late. The play I use, is hit deep, DEEP topspin shots the the weaker side corner, and then wait for either a backhand or forehand cross-court that will lead you to the open court winner. I beat Henin-Hardenne on hard with Serena 6-1, 6-2 with this play. Also use the drop shot, it sets up easy passing shots. By the way, Jenny is awesome in this game. They have her Oz 2002 outfit, and her american flag outfit from last year. The last three Serena outfits are nicer, the last one especially. It's a pink outfit, close to what she wore at the French this year. Don't make the game harder than it is. If you're playing with Jenny, the strategy I gave you works like a charm. Good luck Mase!!

Mase
Jun 11th, 2004, 04:47 PM
Is the stamina meter that BAR when your serving or whatever? Thanks for the hint on the serve, dude I kept hitting them wide and Im like I CANT place a damn serve! :lol: