PDA

View Full Version : Serena on how Venus is playing

LindsayRocks89
May 30th, 2004, 07:14 PM
``She's been dominating me in practice, so I definitely have to pick up my game in the next match or two,'' Serena said.

glad to here they've been practicing together

Knizzle
May 30th, 2004, 07:15 PM
Serena always says Venus beats her in practice. But she's been beating Venus in the tournaments.

V-MAC
May 30th, 2004, 07:16 PM
nice comment from Serena but remember at Wimbledon last year when Serena was saying that Venus was the player to beat,and then of course we saw what happened in the semi and final:( i hope Serena aint gonna jinx Venus

bandabou
May 30th, 2004, 07:18 PM
But I think this time she is meaning it...in her current form, Serena won´t be able to get past Jen..let alone Venus.

Mad-About-Venus
May 30th, 2004, 07:20 PM
When Serena practices with Venus, she practices with her sister.

When Serena plays her at a Slam, she is playing the enemy and she does what she needs to do and wins. Venus cannot see Serena as the enemy, unless things have changed. We shall see.

bandabou
May 30th, 2004, 07:23 PM
When Serena practices with Venus, she practices with her sister.

When Serena plays her at a Slam, she is playing the enemy and she does what she needs to do and wins. Venus cannot see Serena as the enemy, unless things have changed. We shall see.

Exactly.....if Venus could get over that,....the SF between the two is gonna be the match of the tournament and the real final.

Knizzle
May 30th, 2004, 07:23 PM
But I think this time she is meaning it...in her current form, Serena won´t be able to get past Jen..let alone Venus.
I think she can beat them both. It will be a different story facing them. Serena will bring her game. This is a slam.

SJW
May 30th, 2004, 07:25 PM
how about you get her to give you a few tips on how to beat Jen in straights, k? :)

V-MAC
nah even if Serena plays a terrible match against Jennifer, Serena's pride will win the match for her.she WON'T let herself lose to Jennifer in a slam after what all those losses to Jen 3 years ago did to her mentally.As much as I don't like saying it(only for Venus' sake),I think Serena is emerging as the RG champion right now.

Stamp Paid
Serena always says Venus beats her in practice. But she's been beating Venus in the tournaments.
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

tennisIlove09
May 30th, 2004, 08:13 PM
Exactly. I sometimes think Serena says that just so she has an excuse if Venus beats her. But we all know Venus never brings her best game against Serena. Ever.

harloo
May 30th, 2004, 08:15 PM
Exactly. I sometimes think Serena says that just so she has an excuse if Venus beats her. But we all know Venus never brings her best game against Serena. Ever.
Neither has brought their best game against each other. While I don't mind when they meet up, I just wish it was better quality. The best set they played against each other was at Wimby 2002 first set.

tennisIlove09
May 30th, 2004, 08:18 PM
Neither has brought their best game against each other. While I don't mind when they meet up, I just wish it was better quality. The best set they played against each other was at Wimby 2002 first set.
True enough. But Serena seems to deal with it better...at least the last few times. I hope Venus carries her WB aggressive play over here against Serena (should they play). That's the kind of ball that'll beat Serena. But I won't get my hopes up.

SJW
May 30th, 2004, 08:25 PM
you think so? i think Aus 03 first set was amazing after the first couple of games.

Knizzle
May 30th, 2004, 08:29 PM
Venus' level didn't drop against Serena in the US Open 2001. It didn't drop at Wimbledon last year either. Serena doesn't need an excuse for Venus to beat her. She will be happy for Venus if Vee wins. No excuses. You are a bitter one aren't you TIL09?

tennisIlove09
May 30th, 2004, 08:33 PM
Not bitter. Just speaking the truth.

catkey94
May 30th, 2004, 08:34 PM
I don't think they have ever gone out there and really played hard against each other. All of their matches against each other have been disappointing. You have evidence of both of them holding back. Like Venus USO 2001 when she was winning and then dropped a few games in the second set to let Serena back in. And Serena Wimby 2003 when Venus was obviously injured...had it been anybody else Serena would have gone for blood.

The thing is that they haven't been together as much as they were in the past, and I think this will help out their match-up. I think that like the rest of the world they were thinking of themselves as the same person. Since they have had time apart, they also have had time to find out who they were personally. I am thinking that if they meet in the semi-final, you will see them playing differently against each other.

harloo
May 30th, 2004, 08:38 PM
I don't think they have ever gone out there and really played hard against each other. All of their matches against each other have been disappointing. You have evidence of both of them holding back. Like Venus USO 2001 when she was winning and then dropped a few games in the second set to let Serena back in. And Serena Wimby 2003 when Venus was obviously injured...had it been anybody else Serena would have gone for blood.

The thing is that they haven't been together as much as they were in the past, and I think this will help out their match-up. I think that like the rest of the world they were thinking of themselves as the same person. Since they have had time apart, they also have had time to find out who they were personally. I am thinking that if they meet in the semi-final, you will see them playing differently against each other.
:worship:

tennisIlove09
May 30th, 2004, 08:39 PM

Well Said! :worship:

bandabou
May 30th, 2004, 09:00 PM

Agreed...

darrinbaker00
May 30th, 2004, 09:48 PM
Sounds to me like :hearts: is trying to fatten :worship: up for the slaughter..... :devil:

WF4EVER
May 30th, 2004, 09:57 PM
Exactly.....if Venus could get over that,....the SF between the two is gonna be the match of the tournament and the real final.
I sincerely doubt that. The match of the tournament will more than likely be Serena vs Jennifer in the QFs; two people who sorely don't want to lose.

cheesestix
May 30th, 2004, 10:43 PM

Except that it's REALLY the SEMIFINAL!

What Venus/Serena match has EVER been "the match of the tournament"??? Barring the 2003 AO final, they've all been yawners! (And don't bother mentioning how boring you found Justine/Kim finals to be, we're talking about Venus/Serena at the moment).

cheesestix
May 30th, 2004, 10:45 PM

Serena? Excuses? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :rolleyes:

Glad to hear people admit that Venus/Serena is never a top-level tennis match. They've almost all been yawners!

Paneru
May 30th, 2004, 10:47 PM
Gosh, they can't even give each other props
without it being psycho-analyzed to the hilt! :lol:

Infiniti2001
May 30th, 2004, 10:55 PM
Don't you just love posters like cheestix?? So many threads on the board yet he can't stay/look away from those pertaining to the Williames--- 2 players he 's shown contempt for here. Aren't you tired of loading up every post with a kicker putting down Serena and or her fans?? SHEESH!!! :tape:

cheesestix
May 30th, 2004, 11:02 PM
Don't you just love posters like cheestix?? So many threads on the board yet he can't stay/look away from those pertaining to the Williames--- 2 players he 's shown contempt for here. Aren't you tired of loading up every post with a kicker putting down Serena and or her fans?? SHEESH!!! :tape:

Not really! I just do it to piss you off! :rolleyes:

Infiniti2001
May 30th, 2004, 11:10 PM
Not really! I just do it to piss you off! :rolleyes:

I'm actually embarrassed for you :tape:

cheesestix
May 30th, 2004, 11:18 PM
I'm actually embarrassed for you :tape:

1. I was being sarcastic.

2. Why would you be embarrassed for me? I don't really care what most of you people think of me anyway. From the point that I state that I don't like Venus/Serena, I am hated by most of you anyway. But, honestly, after all of the "abuse", I'm still here, so do you think I care?

3. It ain't all about Venus/Serena. That's just all that YOU notice. You conveniently ignore other threads/posts that have nothing to do with them.

Infiniti2001
May 30th, 2004, 11:37 PM

2. Why would you be embarrassed for me? I don't really care what most of you people think of me anyway. From the point that I state that I don't like Venus/Serena, I am hated by most of you anyway. But, honestly, after all of the "abuse", I'm still here, so do you think I care?

Don't paint a target on yourself and then complain when you get attacked :tape:

3. It ain't all about Venus/Serena. That's just all that YOU notice. You conveniently ignore other threads/posts that have nothing to do with them.

This is rubbish if I may say so. I've been on this board from 2001 and I post as often as I can. Unlike you, I don't have the time, patience , or inclination to go into threads of players I don't care for. I so believe in the saying, "if you don't have anything good/decent to say, you should keep your mouth shut". :tape:

Foot_Fault
May 30th, 2004, 11:43 PM
Venus' level didn't drop against Serena in the US Open 2001. It didn't drop at Wimbledon last year either. Serena doesn't need an excuse for Venus to beat her. She will be happy for Venus if Vee wins. No excuses. You are a bitter one aren't you TIL09?
Venus' Level at Wimby '03??:confused:

Venus was good for only 1Set. Serena was riddled with errors, Venus had no serve, no game.
Now Oz '03, I felt was the most competitive.

- L i n a -
May 30th, 2004, 11:44 PM
Ack... I just don't want them to play each other again...

I prefer the important matches of slams being competitive affairs... not a love fest between sisters.

Foot_Fault
May 30th, 2004, 11:52 PM

3. It ain't all about Venus/Serena. That's just all that YOU notice. You conveniently ignore other threads/posts that have nothing to do with them.i honestly respect people that let you know where they stand. The thing to realize once that has happen is called the CHOICE FACTOR.

You can choose to deal with and/or respond, or not. He's told you where he stands....deal with it, how you see fit, don't bitch about his opinion. The world isn't going to end b/c Cheestix don't like Venus and Serena.

Just like it's not going to end for the Players I dislike....if you didnt know it's "The Hand".

I actually applaud this kid. we're all ignorant in our most vulnerable moments.

Just like LINA know I CANT STAND HER STANK ASS...but she's knows that....I tell her that, and She's labeled as the board Moron. I am sure she respect the fact that I don't like her and have TOLD her as such. I CHOOSE to deal with her when I want to, and IGNORE her Stank Ass when I don't want to deal with her!:lol: :D We have the perfect relationship.

BigTennisFan
May 31st, 2004, 01:01 AM
Ack... I just don't want them to play each other again...

I prefer the important matches of slams being competitive affairs... not a love fest between sisters.
You sound like Amelie a couple of years ago complaining about how people are tired of the sisters playing each other. For those who don't want them to play each other there's a simple solution. Beat them when you've got the chance.:o

Knizzle
May 31st, 2004, 01:34 AM
Venus' Level at Wimby '03??:confused:

Venus was good for only 1Set. Serena was riddled with errors, Venus had no serve, no game.
Now Oz '03, I felt was the most competitive.
Yes, her level was fine to begin the match. Only when she started to be bogged down with her injury did she stop playing well. Basically I'm saying she was mentally there and playing hard.

cheesestix
May 31st, 2004, 02:44 AM
Don't paint a target on yourself and then complain when you get attacked :tape:

Who's complaining? Where did you get that from? Reread my post! I basically said that I don't give a shit what you think of me. I said that despite the "abuse" that some of you dish out, I'm still here. So, obviously I don't give a shit what you think.

This is rubbish if I may say so. I've been on this board from 2001 and I post as often as I can. Unlike you, I don't have the time, patience , or inclination to go into threads of players I don't care for. I so believe in the saying, "if you don't have anything good/decent to say, you should keep your mouth shut". :tape:

I DON'T post as often as I can. This board isn't that important to me. In the time that I've been here, I only have about 300 posts, so I obviously don't come here every day, nor do I spend much time here. Single me out if you must. I really don't care. BTW, there's plenty of Williams fans who infiltrate JHH threads with unsavory comments. Maybe you should lecture them?

Infiniti2001
May 31st, 2004, 02:48 AM
Who's complaining? Where did you get that from? Reread my post! I basically said that I don't give a shit what you think of me. I said that despite the "abuse" that some of you dish out, I'm still here. So, obviously I don't give a shit what you think.

I DON'T post as often as I can. This board isn't that important to me. In the time that I've been here, I only have about 300 posts, so I obviously don't come here every day, nor do I spend much time here. Single me out if you must. I really don't care. BTW, there's plenty of Williams fans who infiltrate JHH threads with unsavory comments. Maybe you should lecture them?

Have you ever seen me in any of those threads ?? :shrug: :tape:

cheesestix
May 31st, 2004, 02:54 AM
i honestly respect people that let you know where they stand. The thing to realize once that has happen is called the CHOICE FACTOR.

You can choose to deal with and/or respond, or not. He's told you where he stands....deal with it, how you see fit, don't bitch about his opinion. The world isn't going to end b/c Cheestix don't like Venus and Serena.

Just like it's not going to end for the Players I dislike....if you didnt know it's "The Hand".

I actually applaud this kid. we're all ignorant in our most vulnerable moments.

Just like LINA know I CANT STAND HER STANK ASS...but she's knows that....I tell her that, and She's labeled as the board Moron. I am sure she respect the fact that I don't like her and have TOLD her as such. I CHOOSE to deal with her when I want to, and IGNORE her Stank Ass when I don't want to deal with her!:lol: :D We have the perfect relationship.

What's your point??????

Who's bitching about his (Infiniti's) opinion???????

He told me where he stands, and I told him where I stand, which is basically that I don't care what he thinks of me.

So, again, what's your point??????

Infiniti2001
May 31st, 2004, 02:57 AM
HELLO, Infiniti2001 is all woman--- what makes anyone think otherwise?? :shrug:

bandabou
May 31st, 2004, 09:25 AM
Except that it's REALLY the SEMIFINAL!

What Venus/Serena match has EVER been "the match of the tournament"??? Barring the 2003 AO final, they've all been yawners! (And don't bother mentioning how boring you found Justine/Kim finals to be, we're talking about Venus/Serena at the moment).

Oooh....we´re pricky and touchy today! Glad you know it yourself....talk about yawners!