May 30th, 2004, 06:57 PM
"The one who can really play!"

speaking of Maria Sharapova

Eurotennisfan
May 30th, 2004, 06:58 PM
At 17 Anna had done a lot more.

VS Fan
May 30th, 2004, 07:04 PM
But Anna could not keep it up.... Tennis, that is.

Lee-Waters' Boy
May 30th, 2004, 07:07 PM
anna had? i thought maria had already won a couple of titles.

jdog3008
May 30th, 2004, 07:07 PM
Who cares about age? Martina had done everything by age 20. Serena is doing everything after 20.

decemberlove
May 30th, 2004, 07:19 PM

who is to say maria will? she's a hype machine . we've seen it afore

SJW
May 30th, 2004, 07:21 PM
EurosportNews:

and unlike Kournikova, she actually wins matches

:o

love Masha but that was kinda rude...especially as Anna has done a lot for the sport in terms of exposure...media that is :)

tennisluver99
May 30th, 2004, 07:22 PM
Anna is the past, Maria is the future.

Get over it Kourny fans.

decemberlove
May 30th, 2004, 07:28 PM
Anna is the past, Maria is the future.

Get over it Kourny fans.
oh i understand anna is the past . but i refuse to believe maria is the future unless she proves it . the media is always looking for a new anna . and those girls always seem to let us down . that, and i don't find maria attractive in the least bit . she needs a better face and some t&a to get on that list

no1mariafan
May 30th, 2004, 07:36 PM
Maria is proving it by getting where she is today! You might not find her attractive but plenty of other people certainly do. She is only 17 remember and she is still learning about her game. She is still progressing and will become a better player still over the years.
Masha is the hottest prospect in womens tennis at the moment.

vettipooh
May 30th, 2004, 07:43 PM
Who cares about age? Martina had done everything by age 20. Serena is doing everything after 20. Serena won her first slam at 17!!;)

decemberlove
May 30th, 2004, 07:48 PM
Maria is proving it by getting where she is today! You might not find her attractive but plenty of other people certainly do. She is only 17 remember and she is still learning about her game. She is still progressing and will become a better player still over the years.
Masha is the hottest prospect in womens tennis at the moment.

yeah . we also heard this about harkleroad . dokic . hantuchova . that is all i'm saying

SharapovaFan16
May 30th, 2004, 07:51 PM
December, Ok the face part you are way wrong! Her face is extremely hot, I don't know what your looking at. No t's I agree, but who cares. Great body! And the ass is coming along give it time. But her personality, and her laugh is what attracts me. I love a girl who laughs. Future of tennis!

!<blocparty>!
May 30th, 2004, 07:51 PM
EurosportNews:

and unlike Kournikova, she actually wins matches

:o

love Masha but that was kinda rude...especially as Anna has done a lot for the sport in terms of exposure...media that is :)
I LOL ed @ that quote.

That other reader on Eurosport news is a twat, the one with a deep voice.

selesfan87
May 30th, 2004, 09:31 PM
Wish people would stop with the Anna references.

decemberlove
May 30th, 2004, 10:34 PM
Wish people would stop with the Anna references.
why are you quoting him? did you not see the first post?

Yonexforever
May 30th, 2004, 10:36 PM
Anna, Maria.. they both look like adolescents... The fascination of them by grown men is disgusting!

- L i n a -
May 30th, 2004, 10:38 PM
And Maria hasn't had anything to even keep up...

Unless you want to count 2 shitty Tier III titles... and 4 wins in this tournament, 3 of which were unseeded players who weren't threats in the slightest... and 1 Top 11 player who played like crap.

- L i n a -
May 30th, 2004, 10:59 PM
I was under the impression you have to win matches to become number 8 in the world, beat several ex number 1 in the world and to reach the 1/2F of Wimbledon. We've been through this argument...

There's people that actually believe that Maria winning Tokyo and Quebec, means more than Anna beating 4 top 10 players in reaching the final of Miami.

gRaFiC
May 31st, 2004, 02:42 AM
I think people are being are being incredibly harsh and judgemental towards Maria. She is only 17. Who is to say what her future holds. But her current performance at Paris is encouraging.

It is unfair (not to mention pointless) at this point in time to be comparing their tennis accomplishments until their respective careers are over.