PDA

View Full Version : Why did the bottom half have to play 2 days in a Row?

Foot_Fault
May 30th, 2004, 06:22 PM
The top half was Fresher and had a day In between.
The bottom peeps were banging back to back.

I guess it's always been like that, but finally just jumped out at me this year.

SJW
May 30th, 2004, 06:23 PM
timing i guess...they have a day off at the beginning, have to play 2 days in a row in the middle ;)

tennisIlove09
May 30th, 2004, 06:25 PM
because they always have a day off between 16's and QF's. And it was just random that the top half played first.

Eurotennisfan
May 30th, 2004, 06:30 PM
They play everyday anyways so...

St.Sebastian
May 30th, 2004, 06:54 PM
Top athletes must be prepared to play 2 days in a row, don't they? ;)

Amelie is in the top part of the draw :p :p Anyway :D

Ted of Teds Tennis
May 30th, 2004, 07:49 PM
As long as they start half the players off on Monday and half on Tuesday, one half of the women are going to have to play on consecutive days at some point.

At Wimbledon, that's going to be Serena's half of the draw, since by tradition the defending women's champion starts off the play at Centre Court on the first Tuesday.

turt
May 30th, 2004, 08:56 PM
As long as they start half the players off on Monday and half on Tuesday, one half of the women are going to have to play on consecutive days at some point.

At Wimbledon, that's going to be Serena's half of the draw, since by tradition the defending women's champion starts off the play at Centre Court on the first Tuesday.
They don't play on the first Sunday except if there were rain delays, do they?

selesfan87
May 30th, 2004, 09:32 PM
At Wimbledon, the players who play the third round on Friday get both saturday and sunday off.

WF4EVER
May 30th, 2004, 10:13 PM
Doesn't this happen in ALL the Slams that one section ends up playing two days in a row?

cheesestix
May 30th, 2004, 10:19 PM
Doesn't this happen in ALL the Slams that one section ends up playing two days in a row?

Yes, it does. Someone always gets the shaft a little bit. And at Wimbledon, with rain delays and such, it gets even more weird.

I'm still expecting someone to say "We all know who's in the bottom half and therefore we know why that half got the shaft."

BTW, is it always the bottom half that has back-to-back matches? Does the top-half always play first?