PDA

View Full Version : who will win, serena or jennifer ?

Markus
May 30th, 2004, 06:16 PM
and again, the never ending story...:)
i think jennifer will win, hopefully i'm wrong and serena will get through...

6.45PM
May 30th, 2004, 06:18 PM
i hope jen will win :) and hopefully i am right :p

Zhao
May 30th, 2004, 06:19 PM
Jenn will beat Serena again!!!

Mad-About-Venus
May 30th, 2004, 06:21 PM
Tough call. I gotta go with Serena. Remember what happened last year when Serena got beaten by Momo in Italy and then faced each other at the French?

AaronJoyB
May 30th, 2004, 06:22 PM
Serena without any doubt

SJW
everybody expects a Serena loss, and i accept it, that way i won't be (that much) disappointed :):o

bandabou
If Serena can clean her act, she should go through....gotta pick her game up though and serve better.

bandabou
May 30th, 2004, 06:23 PM
But I´ve a feeling that Jen is gonna win.....Serena just is playing too sloppy...

*abby*
May 30th, 2004, 06:24 PM
i gotta go wiv jenny she is just hitting her stride and is on FIRE!!!!
it will be very close tho it will be a good match i can guarantee that!!!

maoui11111
May 30th, 2004, 06:26 PM
I did not see jen play a single time.. but I hear some good comments about her tennis right now.. but if serena steps it up a notch I expect her to win..
My head says serena
My heart hopes Jennifer
either ways it will be a great match.. even the best of the tournament if the two are playing at their best
good luck to both of them.. especially jennifer
go cappy :)

lizchris
I would have ginve Jennifer the slight edge but after she had to get treated for the sore right leg, I think Serena will win because if her upper right thigh is getting tight, it could get worse before Tuesday.

Jennifer's only hope for winning is that Serena is playing sloppy and she can pull it out in two sets. If this match goes three sets with her right thigh bothering her, she has no chance of beating Serena.

foreva lindsay
jen jen jen
go girl you can do it :D:D:D

Knizzle
Serena 3-6, 6-2, 6-3

catkey94
May 30th, 2004, 06:27 PM
It depends on which Serena shows up. If the focused Serena shows up then I say it will be Serena in two sets. If Serena comes playing a sloppy match, then I say it will be Jen in 3 sets.

SilviaFan
May 30th, 2004, 06:29 PM
Jennifer will win !!! :)

tennisIlove09
May 30th, 2004, 06:36 PM
I don't know. Neither one has played great this event. Jen will have confidence that she just beat Serena. But Serena will have confidence that she doesn't lose twice to someone.

I don't know what will happen. either way it won't be surprising.

Stamp Paid
May 30th, 2004, 06:47 PM
Serena definitely. She doesn't take well to losing to the same player twice. Rome SF 2003, Roland Garros QF 2003. Nuff said. However, I fear her level will go down in the Semis against Venus!

G_Slammed
May 30th, 2004, 06:53 PM
Jennifer on fire??

I don't know about that. If not for some bonehead shot selections in the 1st set, Schiavone could have forced Jenny into yet another three set match. Serena hasn't been laying down the law neither.

My prediction? Whoever wins the 1st set will be in the semis.

jenny161185
May 30th, 2004, 06:53 PM
I really hope Jen can pull through this - Im saying a three setter - tough to call , come on JEN! does anyone know how serious Jens injury is?

St.Sebastian
May 30th, 2004, 06:55 PM
Serena 6/1 7/6(5) ;) ;)

beauty_is_pink
May 30th, 2004, 06:56 PM
GO JEN!! :D

HectorMagnus
May 30th, 2004, 06:59 PM
JenJen with one hand :)

Will be a tough one but Cappy is able to win it, with her great fans behind will win this and whole RG. ;)

Berlin_Calling
May 30th, 2004, 07:07 PM
Im sure that this one is going three sets. 50-50 chance for both players. Should be a classic.

LindsayRocks89
May 30th, 2004, 07:09 PM
i really don't know who will win, but i'll be very happy either way cause i love them both

Couver
May 30th, 2004, 07:31 PM
IMO neither has shone in Paris. The tricky thing is even when Serena is at her best Jen and her go 3 sets. Usually with Serena winning in 3.

Serena is not at her best. She's not really struggling but her stats are just not Serena stats if you know what I mean. Even at like the OZ Open 2003, her stats were better.

Serena just has a mental thing with Jen and I think she needs to be close to 100% to win. Otherwise Jen will come through.

So Serena still has a whole day to get things together. And one can never count out the DIVA. :kiss:

Venus Forever
May 30th, 2004, 07:54 PM
But I´ve a feeling that Jen is gonna win.....Serena just is playing too sloppy...
I feel the same.

Prove us wrong Rena!!:bounce:

SerenaSlam
May 30th, 2004, 08:05 PM
i think serena will win and in straight sets. I think serena's main probelm this tournie has been her return of serve and her serve. and today they both were great. was takin some cracks at asagoes first and second serves. As long as those two things are working for Serena, she will have no problem tuesday ;).

I wish that they were playing tomorrow, i have to work on tuesday!

harloo
May 30th, 2004, 08:09 PM
It depends on which Serena shows up. If the focused Serena shows up then I say it will be Serena in two sets. If Serena comes playing a sloppy match, then I say it will be Jen in 3 sets.
ITA, it all depends on Serena really. So far she has not shown that she is ready to win this title, but I hope that changes when she meets Capriati.

harloo
May 30th, 2004, 08:12 PM
IMO neither has shone in Paris. The tricky thing is even when Serena is at her best Jen and her go 3 sets. Usually with Serena winning in 3.

Serena is not at her best. She's not really struggling but her stats are just not Serena stats if you know what I mean. Even at like the OZ Open 2003, her stats were better.

Serena just has a mental thing with Jen and I think she needs to be close to 100% to win. Otherwise Jen will come through.

So Serena still has a whole day to get things together. And one can never count out the DIVA. :kiss:
Serena does not need to be at 100% to beat Jen. She has beaten her before without playing great. However, what Serena does sometimes on clay is get impatient and make error after error. She must not do this against Jen on Tues. Jen is not some player who will roll over and take it. Serena knows this and she better get her act together.

Black Mamba.
May 30th, 2004, 08:13 PM
Both players will come in ready to play, but I think the player who holds serve better will win the match.

catkey94
May 30th, 2004, 08:19 PM
I love watching their matches against each other because they are always so good. I am sure that they both will be ready on Tuesday. One thing for sure, it will be the match to watch.

Foot_Fault
May 30th, 2004, 08:22 PM
The thing is YOU RARELY beat a Williams Sister Twice in a Row. So that doenst work in Jennifer's Favor. On the offset, Jennifer just beat Serena, and Serena's play has been a lil erratic.

Serena in 3..if it holds to form.

Belgium = Best
May 30th, 2004, 08:23 PM
Serena :)

esquímaux
May 30th, 2004, 08:26 PM
Serena, end of story. :nerner:

daniela86
May 30th, 2004, 08:45 PM
GO JENNIFER :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :kiss: :D :worship:
But I think Serena will win :sad:

1jackson2001
May 30th, 2004, 09:54 PM
I think Jen has the edge here.

WF4EVER
May 30th, 2004, 10:07 PM
Serena and Jen always have good matches. Since Jennifer won the last time I hardly think a Serena win is so predictable. As for her hating to lose to the same player twice sometimes there are just some things which are totally beyond a person's control.

One thing's for sure, it should be a good match, a lot of running, lots of big forehands and backhands, tons of UFES. I really can't wait.

As it is I can't even begin to lean either way. Jennifer obviously feels more confident having won in Rome and Serena's not serving at her best which will prove to be a disadvantage against Jen but she's also had her troubles so we'll see who capitalizes better on the other's mistakes. This should be very good indeed.

IcePrincess
May 31st, 2004, 09:16 AM
Jennifer in 3 sets.

Although Jennifer's thigh injury could be a factor. :(

Either way, I just hope a U.S. player makes the FINAL and shoves it down the obnoxious French crowd's throats!

:wavey:

bandabou
May 31st, 2004, 09:33 AM
Serena needs to serve better....as long as she serves well she´s gonna be fine. That´s always the thing that seperates her from Jen..

Zhao
May 31st, 2004, 09:37 AM
Jenn in 2... she make adjustments n has more variety compare to Serena
7-5 6-3 :bounce: :bounce:

WtaTour4Ever
May 31st, 2004, 09:50 AM
Very very hard to say.....I didn't see either play in Rome so I am unable to compare :-( But I think it will be Jen in 2 or Serena in 3!!

sixfeetfree
May 31st, 2004, 10:27 AM
As several have already stated... it will be a good match regardless. I think Jen will win in two sets given recent circumstances. She beat Serena once this year already, thus Jen's confidence is high and her game continues to improve with each match. While Serena is one of the highest quality opponents one could draw, her game has been erratic of late and they're on clay, plus she may feel the need to force the issue given the previous loss to Jen. Frustration could play a part as well if she tries to move Jen laterally to test her thigh and can't find the corners, risky move considering she's been a little off.

Then again, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong... :shrug:

SFF

RedFilaJ-Cap#1
May 31st, 2004, 05:06 PM
Jennifer can will pull this one out!!!

Black Mamba.
May 31st, 2004, 05:10 PM
If Jen is on and dictates play she will win, but If Serena manages to use her serve well like she has in the past and cuts down on the UE's than she will win.

bigshow21
May 31st, 2004, 05:13 PM
JENNIFER CAPRIATI!!!!! :worship: :worship: :worship:

Enough said!!

Smackie
May 31st, 2004, 05:15 PM
I would say Jen as she is more fluent at the moment but you can never strike Serena out. NEVER.

two set, 6-4 7-6

"Topaz"
May 31st, 2004, 07:09 PM
If they both play their 2004 best, Serena wins.
:cool:

hollywood7172
May 31st, 2004, 07:34 PM
what do i say??

you go, both of you. play awesome tennis, and may the better player of the day win. you both make me proud to be a women's tennis fan.

~VaMoS~ArAnTxA~
May 31st, 2004, 07:58 PM
Jennifer will win this match 6-3, 6-7, 7-5 ;)

Stefwhit
May 31st, 2004, 08:01 PM
You heard it here first folks...

Serena 6-2, 7-5

Jennifer will get revenge at the next non-grandslam they meet up at, but Serena wont be lossing to Jen in slam for quite some time...

thelittlestelf
May 31st, 2004, 08:10 PM
If serena is near her best I gotta go with her