V.Williams def. F. Zuluaga

thoughts?

turt
May 30th, 2004, 04:50 PM
not over yet :rolleyes:
tie break now

bandabou
May 30th, 2004, 04:51 PM
Hmmmm....Venusīs level dropped considerably....

Foot_Fault
May 30th, 2004, 04:52 PM

thoughts?
Not over yet...NOID:rolleyes: , trying to Jinx my Wifey!

Eurotennisfan
May 30th, 2004, 04:52 PM
My girl Venus is gonna take this one easly in the breaker.

Deimos
May 30th, 2004, 04:53 PM
How about you stop being an ass? :rolleyes:

Billabong
May 30th, 2004, 04:53 PM
ridiculous thread, the match isn't over:(!

UDiTY
May 30th, 2004, 04:56 PM
5-2 :woohoo:

GoDominique
May 30th, 2004, 04:56 PM
The match is over now, as Fabiola just made 5 incredibly stupid errors in a row.
And the 6th one.
Way to go. Viva Fabi.

Vass22
May 30th, 2004, 04:57 PM
4 Martch points. But SHOW MORE RESPECT TO ZULUAGA!

Stephieva

thoughts?ok..ya almost rite now...

Glenn
It's over now 7-3 in the TB.

bmxbandit
7-3

idiotic thread.

MrV
May 30th, 2004, 04:58 PM
Congrats Vee!!

Vass22
yeah she won...
Does the french crowd EVE not boo?

Eurotennisfan
thoughts?

tennisIlove09
Considering the tough draw Venus has had, she hasn't dropped a set...she's still looking VERY Good. Better than anyone else on her half of the draw, that's for sure.

GoDominique
Some players just don't have it. Fabiola is one of them.

Foot_Fault
May 30th, 2004, 05:00 PM
Now i can watch without feeling nervous.

lizchris
May 30th, 2004, 05:02 PM
Considering the tough draw Venus has had, she hasn't dropped a set...she's still looking VERY Good. Better than anyone else on her half of the draw, that's for sure.
Of the players still left on her side of the draw, I think she is the only one who has not dropped a set yet and you are right; considering she had the toughest draw of the four top seeds and is playing the way she is playing is great.

"Topaz"
May 30th, 2004, 05:02 PM
Now i can watch without feeling nervous.Second that.

Eurotennisfan
May 30th, 2004, 05:03 PM
;) go Venus!

harloo
May 30th, 2004, 05:03 PM
congrats Venus!!! I am watching now, so I don't have to worry.:D

Couver
May 30th, 2004, 05:05 PM
I got really nervous for a bit. Fabiola is a tough opponent.

I admit I was a bit surprised cause Venus was crusing for sometime.

bandabou
May 30th, 2004, 05:06 PM
Toughest draw?! What Tamarine T in the first round on clay?! Then Kostanic and Pierce.....wow, thatīs a murdererīs row!

tennisIlove09
May 30th, 2004, 05:07 PM
compared to Mauresmo-Capriati-Serena, yes it was tough. And shockingly, she's the only one to drop a set.

But again, why would I expect anyone to give Venus any credit. Typical of certain posters on this board.

SJW
May 30th, 2004, 05:08 PM
Venus ;)

Knizzle
May 30th, 2004, 05:10 PM
She fought and pulled out the second set, that's all that matters. Congrats Venus!! 19 in a row now!!

bandabou
May 30th, 2004, 05:11 PM
compared to Mauresmo-Capriati-Serena, yes it was tough. And shockingly, she's the only one to drop a set.

But again, why would I expect anyone to give Venus any credit. Typical of certain posters on this board.

:lol: You wanna big-play Venusīs form. O.k...to me her draw wasnīt that hard, neither was Serenaīs...well, playing Jen and Venus back to back could be seen as such...

Infiniti2001

Well Fabiola is no slouch -- this just happens to be her best surface. Of course, she would fight back . The bottom-line , Venus adjusted and won the match and she hasn't lost a set :p

bandabou
She fought and pulled out the second set, that's all that matters. Congrats Venus!! 19 in a row now!!

yep...bottom line.

Infiniti2001
May 30th, 2004, 05:12 PM
Toughest draw?! What Tamarine T in the first round on clay?! Then Kostanic and Pierce.....wow, thatīs a murdererīs row!

You just can't keep your mouth shut sometimes, can you?? :p :tape:

G_Slammed
May 30th, 2004, 05:13 PM
VW has A. Myskina next.

Whatcha' think?

tennisIlove09
May 30th, 2004, 05:14 PM
Her draw was the toughest of all the top players...that's all I'm saying.

GoDominique
May 30th, 2004, 05:15 PM
bandabou is right. Can't believe I'm saying that.

bandabou
May 30th, 2004, 05:16 PM
Myskina....hmm, Venus should beat her...may be tough. Myskina gets a lot of balls back, so Venus should be prepared for that. But the serve is gonna be difference.

bandabou
May 30th, 2004, 05:18 PM
bandabou is right. Can't believe I'm saying that.

Iīm ALWAYS right!! ;) :devil:

GoDominique
May 30th, 2004, 05:18 PM
Her draw was the toughest of all the top players...that's all I'm saying.
Yeah. That's why Justine is out. Oh, and Lindsay too.
Jen had cakewalk oppoents too, I forgot.

Knizzle
May 30th, 2004, 05:21 PM
Venus did drop her level some, but right now at 3-3 first set. Fabiola is playing great tennis. She wasn't in the first set.

kaki
May 30th, 2004, 05:21 PM
I don't understand all the comparisons some here want to make about so-called "tough draw"After all,the winner of the whole thing will be remembered as the winner,bottom line,this is what people will keep in mind ,there for all comparisons don't make sense.To be a champion,some one has to get through all his or her opponents no matter their competivity or toughness.

tennisIlove09
May 30th, 2004, 05:23 PM

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Justine wasn't 100%. It doesn't take much to figure that out.

Lindsay had an easy draw, but (as I have said in other threads) had the toughest 4th RD.

Jennifer has had an easy draw, until Bovina. And she struggled. Go figure.

SJW
May 30th, 2004, 05:24 PM
Jennifer hasn't stopped struggling so far this tourney, and she's struggling right now. WTF?

i bet she gets into the QF and then "suddenly" finds form :)

bandabou
May 30th, 2004, 05:26 PM
I don't understand all the comparisons some here want to make about so-called "tough draw"After all,the winner of the whole thing will be remembered as the winner,bottom line,this is what people will keep in mind ,there for all comparisons don't make sense.To be a champion,some one has to get through all his or her opponents no matter their competivity or toughness.

Thatīs what Iīm talking about....donīt believe it?! ask Kim...

harloo
May 30th, 2004, 05:31 PM
Fabiola started driving the ball in the second set. I really don't feel like Venus went down that much, it's just the Fabiola started playing better.

The only people with the easy draws were Amelie, Justine and Lindsay. When you think about it all they had to do was beat one of each other in their half. Now with Justine and Lindsay out, Amelie will walk to the finals.

I will say that Jen, Venus and Serena all had easy draws until the qtrs.

Jen will have to beat both sisters back 2 back, and Mauresmo who has beaten her the last 2 or 3 times.

Serena will have to beat Jen, Venus, then a resurgent Mauresmo against a unclassy french crowd.

Venus will have to beat Myskina, Serena or Jen, and then Mauresmo.
I think Venus draw looks the most favorable because 3 of those she may face are opponents she has great winning records over. Serena is the X factor, because nowadays you don't know what may come off her racquet. Plus you never know what may happen if the sisters meet up in the semis. My guess is that Venus may win it, but it's just a wild one noone can predict. Serena could suprise everyone.

DelMonte
May 30th, 2004, 05:31 PM
oh my god, i almost had a heart attack during the 2nd set. everytime venus was ahead, she would drop her serve. it was nerve-wrecking. the fact that my jinxer friend was around (and when that's the case, usually my favourites loose) didn't make things much easier either.

anyway, venus is through (HURRAY) and fabiola proved in the 2nd set that she is a dangerous clay courter.

on to the next round, venus, and continue to keep your focus!

DelMonte

bandabou
May 30th, 2004, 05:36 PM
Fabiola started driving the ball in the second set. I really don't feel like Venus went down that much, it's just the Fabiola started playing better.

The only people with the easy draws were Amelie, Justine and Lindsay. When you think about it all they had to do was beat one of each other in their half. Now with Justine and Lindsay out, Amelie will walk to the finals.

Jen will have to beat both sisters back 2 back, and Mauresmo who has beaten her the last 2 or 3 times.

Serena will have to beat Jen, Venus, then a resurgent Mauresmo against a unclassy french crowd.

I think Venus draw looks the most favorable because 3 of those she may face are opponents she has great winning records over. Serena is the X factor, because nowadays you don't know what may come off her racquet. Plus you never know what may happen if the sisters meet up in the semis. My guess is that Venus may win it, but it's just a wild one noone can predict. Serena could suprise everyone.

Couldnīt have said it any better.....and youīre right. Serena is ALWAYS the x-factor...because the winner of RG will probably have to beat her...as her history at the tournament indicates.

SJW
May 30th, 2004, 05:36 PM
Delmonte, just wanted to say haven't been able to tape any Venus matches yet cuz she hasn't been shown. Eurosport has = Henmanville :fiery: if they ever decide that the WS are important enough to put on tv, i'll have it covered :kiss:

charmedRic
May 30th, 2004, 05:39 PM
Tough Second Set, Allez Vee!

GoDominique
May 30th, 2004, 05:43 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Justine wasn't 100%. It doesn't take much to figure that out.

Lindsay had an easy draw, but (as I have said in other threads) had the toughest 4th RD.

Jennifer has had an easy draw, until Bovina. And she struggled. Go figure.
But Garbin had the balls to DEFEAT her and to pass her on match-point. There aren't many players who can do that.

LOL at Lindsay - what's the point of having 3 easy rounds but then the toughest opponent in round 4? That's still a TOUGH draw.

Jen - have you saeen Beygelzimer play? Thanks.

DelMonte
May 30th, 2004, 05:44 PM
Delmonte, just wanted to say haven't been able to tape any Venus matches yet cuz she hasn't been shown. Eurosport has = Henmanville :fiery: if they ever decide that the WS are important enough to put on tv, i'll have it covered :kiss:

GOD DAMN EUROSPORT!!!! Surely they will show the quarters though, right??!!

I thought I'd get to see a little bit of women's tennis today during BBC Grandstand but --and I don't know why expected any different-- is was all Tiger Tim. Why don't they just call it BBC Tim-stand :rolleyes: (Okay, that's not really funny but you get my meaning). They didn't even show highlights of other matches. (Although I must grudgingly admit that Tim fought back nicely from 2 sets to love down.)

tennisIlove09
May 30th, 2004, 05:45 PM
But Garbin had the balls to DEFEAT her and to pass her on match-point. There aren't many players who can do that.

LOL at Lindsay - what's the point of having 3 easy rounds but then the toughest opponent in round 4? That's still a TOUGH draw.

Jen - have you saeen Beygelzimer play? Thanks.
No, I hadn't seen Beygelzimer play. Neither had anyone else, which is why her rank is outside the top 100.

You're welcome

Foot_Fault
May 30th, 2004, 06:13 PM
Don't hate congratulate. Even the commentators and analyst states she has the toughest Draw.

Foot_Fault
May 30th, 2004, 06:14 PM

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Foot_Fault
May 30th, 2004, 06:16 PM
Well, with Jennifer, her not playing well made it tougher.
Bovina and Serena makes her draw tough.

But with Kostanic, Zulu, Pierce, Myskina, Serena/Jenn, Momo...Yeah, Venus has the toughest Draw.

Foot_Fault
May 30th, 2004, 06:19 PM

Venus went down...her level drop considerably...she was +9 at one point with Winners/UE's ratio. So with her ending -3, yeah her level and focus dropped.

But Trust me, She'll be riding high when it comes to Myskina. (pumped)