PDA

View Full Version : Dream Draw for Amelie to get to Final

pierce0415
May 30th, 2004, 04:05 PM
Now with Lindsi out, all Amelie has to do to get to the final is beat (9) Dementieva, then (14) Suarez or (18) Sharapova. :drool:

She has lost to Elena before but this is a player that won her last two matchs due to opponents' injuries and she smoked 6-0, 6-0 last year. Amelie has lost to Paola in RG in 2002 but I just don't see it happening again cause Amelie has too much firepower. Sharpie simply does not have experience in GS semis.

So to get to the final ... No Venus. No Kim. No Serena. No Jen. No Lindsi. No Juju. If Amelie blows this chance :smash: :smash: :smash:

- L i n a -
May 30th, 2004, 04:08 PM
I concur...

It will never get easier than this, Amelie.

harloo
May 30th, 2004, 04:09 PM
Very good "setup" by the FO organizers. She should get to the final. ;)

Andrew.
May 30th, 2004, 04:17 PM
If she can't get to the final here, she won't do it anywhere.

turt
May 30th, 2004, 04:18 PM
Now, for Amelie to win the title, what should the organizers do? wake up the other finalist several times in the middle of the night because of a fire alarm for instance? ;)

Slumpsova
May 30th, 2004, 04:19 PM
and someone said it wasn't a cake walk:rolleyes: . i'd love to see her win btw, that's b/c she is the third player who won Berlin and Rome in the same year and the others two won RG in that year. Amelie should stay on that path. Go Amelie!!!:bounce:

foreva lindsay
May 30th, 2004, 04:24 PM
i hope she can get to the final now, i really want her to win it now lindz's out

charmedRic
May 30th, 2004, 04:24 PM
I think if she stays away from the media and the hype the title is hers...but if she gets trapped in the 'ITS NOW OR NEVER' crap...then we will see her choke and sink like a lead ducky in a pool.

...that is if under usual circumstances she cant pull herself together during the final.

Dava
May 30th, 2004, 04:37 PM
...and of course Elena wasnt going to beat Nicole, Anna or Lindsay, so of course she wont win here...

LindsayRocks89
May 30th, 2004, 04:46 PM
Elena could very well beat her, also if Maria gets to the semis, she could take MoMo out also, but it would be nice for her to get to the finals, but even there she would not win aganist Venus, Jen, or Serena.

foreva lindsay
May 30th, 2004, 05:02 PM
i wanna see a momo v cap final, that would be great, if momo or cap doesnt win i hope sharapova does

GermanBoy
May 30th, 2004, 05:03 PM
Yes, but if not... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I think I would prefer Suarez. The semi in the top half should definately be Mauresmo versus Suarez! :cool:

Martian Willow
May 30th, 2004, 05:10 PM
...Elena or Maria could beat her...but Amelie would still be the favourite, which wouldn't be the case against some other people... :)

hinquit
May 30th, 2004, 06:02 PM
All the three Americans on the other side of the draw are easy to beat.
She knows this very. and I am sure she be nervous to meet any of them
in the finals--With such a draw she got through the french organizers,
they will highly be disappointed if Mauremsmo is defeated and may not
win grandslam in near future.

Foot_Fault
May 30th, 2004, 06:06 PM
and someone said it wasn't a cake walk:rolleyes: . i'd love to see her win btw, that's b/c she is the third player who won Berlin and Rome in the same year and the others two won RG in that year. Amelie should stay on that path. Go Amelie!!!:bounce:
It's not Amelie's Fault who advances and who doesnt

SJW
May 30th, 2004, 06:09 PM
if Amelie doesn't get to the final at least, i'll be amazed.

Yasmine
May 30th, 2004, 07:17 PM
COME ON AMELIE!!!
So great to see people from all over supporting her.
How fab would it be, a french player winning in Paris!!!!!!!

Joana
May 30th, 2004, 07:21 PM
Real Amelie, the one we all know and love (this maybe not all, but all should) would sleepwalk into the final. I'm just afraid her twin sister is going to show up. Sh shoud lock her up somewhere and make sure she doesn't get out until next Monday. ;)

jack duckworth
May 30th, 2004, 07:30 PM
coming from many who gave dementieva little chance against lindsay...i will just have a good laf at you:haha:

SharapovaFan16
May 30th, 2004, 07:35 PM
Dementieva or Sharapova or Suarez will pull off the upset. I think Maria has the better chance, because like people have been saying what does she have to lose? She may not have experience true, but she has played so great at this tourney I don't see it letting up. Dementieva will need 3 sets to beat Mauresmo, and the only reason I put Suarez in here is if she gets by Sharapova I always root for the person who beats my fav.

vettipooh
May 30th, 2004, 08:23 PM
Very good "setup" by the FO organizers. She should get to the final. ;) She won't! It's too easy!!!!;)

MAURO
May 30th, 2004, 10:30 PM
be careful with Paola

jt2002
May 30th, 2004, 10:40 PM
If maria can get pass paula, I think she has a great chance in upsetting amelie.

The teener has nothing to lose and she's so confident swinging her racket right now.:eek:

jlamire
May 30th, 2004, 11:21 PM
If maria can get pass paula, I think she has a great chance in upsetting amelie.

The teener has nothing to lose and she's so confident swinging her racket right now.:eek:
A great chance has more something to do with wishful thinking. I agree she can beat Momo, but great chance: no.

~ The Leopard ~
May 31st, 2004, 12:31 AM
How can the draw have been a cakewalk to the final when Momo was scheduled to play Lindsay, one of the few players who really owns her of late (the other is Kim), in the quarterfinal? Not to mention facing the world number 1, Justine in the semi-final. Based purely on rankings, the top half of the draw is tougher than the other half.

It's hardly Momo's fault that Lindsay and Justine were both upset (or, indeed, that Lindsay seems to have suffered an injury during the tournament, while Juju is still weakened by her virus, or at least by its effects on her ability to get match practice). This kind of good fortune that opens up the draw is often a factor in the eventual result of a tournament: who end up as the winner and runner up.

Elena is still dangerous and Maria seems to be in sensational form (and she beat Momo in their one match to date, an exo a few months ago). I don't think Maria can beat Momo in a real match, and Momo usually beats Elena. Still, let's not count chickens for Momo just yet. One match at a time.

Jem
May 31st, 2004, 12:54 AM
This is Mauresmo we're talking about. If anyone can find a way to lose, she's the one to do it. If she makes it through and faces Capriati, she might win. But I don't think she'll beat one of the Williams sisters. I'm rooting for Venus to win this! or Serena or Capriati. Anybody but Mauresmo!

jbone_0307
May 31st, 2004, 01:07 AM
Not the way Maria Sharapova has been playing. If she plays Mauresmo in the Semi-Finals, she will romp Amelie. Oh Girl(Maria) can strike the ball and whats funny is that her shots have soo much pace but most of the time, they bounce way in front of the baseline, so she puts a lot of topspin on her shots. I really need to take tips on her forehand and backhand, but I dont see how she has enough time to bring back the racquet soo far for her forehand. Its like shes winding up 180 degrees to punch somebody.

Elvira
May 31st, 2004, 02:14 AM
This is Amelie's big chance, and I think she can finally do it. I don't think Sharapova will be good enough to beat her. It will be close, but I think Amelie will win it. Sharapova would have a better chance on a faster surface. Some people seem to forget how great Amelie is on clay. I mean, she's won both Rome and Berlin (Tier I's) back to back. She can beat anyone on this surface.

Slumpsova
May 31st, 2004, 08:11 AM
It's not Amelie's Fault who advances and who doesnti know. i didn't say it was her fault.

but think about it, we all know Lindsay isn't that good on clay (ok. red clay:rolleyes: ) and Justine is lack of preparation, meanwhile Amelie is 100% fit and in a very good form. don't you think it's easy for her to make the final?

the only problem about Amelie is her mentality. if she can handle it, Justine and Lindsay can't stop her though. i can see her through the final since the draw was out.

btw i think there's nothing to do with the RG organizer. maybe it's just her luck not to face the Williams sisters b/c imao they are the only two players who can beat Amelie here.

honestly i don't mean to blame her for anything. it's good for her and i really think her performance deserves to be the RG Champion this year:) .

Yasmine
May 31st, 2004, 03:10 PM
i know. i didn't say it was her fault.
honestly i don't mean to blame her for anything. it's good for her and i really think her performance deserves to be the RG Champion this year:) .

Too right!
ALLEZ Amélie!!!!!!!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

mboyle
May 31st, 2004, 04:34 PM
A great chance has more something to do with wishful thinking. I agree she can beat Momo, but great chance: no.She absolutely does have a great chance. When in Paris, Momo chokes like mad. She has never been past the QF here. She hasn't reached a slam final in 5 years. She will have to face two hard hitting, fearless Russians with nothing to lose and no pressure from the crowd. Even if Paola does win tomorrow, she is an experienced claycourter with whom Amelie would certainly have problems. Basically, Amelie has no chance, and any realistic fan can see that. Had she met JHH, Amelie would have reached the final, as she would be the underdog. Unfortunately, Amelie will have her entire country expecting, as y'all do, that she is most definately going to reach the final. That pressure will be her downfall.

In order for Amelie ever to win RG, she will have to face top players in the QF, SF, and F rounds. If she doesn't, there is no way she can win.