May 30th, 2004, 02:35 PM
She faces Sharapova next.

Foot_Fault
May 30th, 2004, 02:37 PM
Congrats Paola.

Go Maria!

KingA
May 30th, 2004, 02:42 PM
Experience was the key in this match......

Zheng was up a break twice in the 2nd set... but couldn't hold her own service game to consolidate the break......

A good showing by Zheng in a Grand Slam event after all!!! :D

Keep it up, Zheng!!!

DelMonte
May 30th, 2004, 02:44 PM
this seemed to have been a difficult match. lots of breaks and deuce games etc. congrats zheng for a fantastic tournament; hope you have more success in the future. as for paola, she's having a really good year. she's become really consistent.

WF4EVER
May 30th, 2004, 02:45 PM
I really wanted Zheng to twin so she could earn a few more dollars, but a good showing indeed. Good luck in the future, Zheng.

Vincent
May 30th, 2004, 02:46 PM
Aww...So sorry to hear that she can't past Suarezm I guess it is due to lesser experience. :tears: But it is a great great accomplishment already, she has been impresssive so far and she marks the history of Chinese tennis.

But I have never seen her play, I have just checked her stats, her serving speed is kinda slow compared to other players, it's around 120 - 130 km/h which won't be able anybody :o, hope she would get more power to her serve and get some free points from serving.

Good luck to her!! :hug:

New
May 30th, 2004, 02:48 PM
Actually, I was having more problems on who to support, but i was more towards Zheng as Suarez has always been consistent and done well. But Paola played well, to win the match as it was tight.

Paola, you gotta cut down the unforce errors, cos Maria has a very solid game! Good luck to you! :yeah:

As for Zheng, this is a wonderful run. I know you fought hard, but you still lost. Hopefully, you continue this all the way and I hope to see you in the top 40 soon. :bounce:

Chance
May 30th, 2004, 02:55 PM
Great tournament Jie!!!!!

Suarez needs to step it up if she wants to make it to the semis.

esquímaux
May 30th, 2004, 03:01 PM
Congratz!!! Hope that Sharapova match gets televised :D

treiber04
May 30th, 2004, 03:14 PM
Jie :crying2: nice Job Paola! :D Go Masha now! :yeah:

MAURO
May 30th, 2004, 03:28 PM
well done Pao

now focus on your next step; Sharapova

MrV
May 30th, 2004, 03:29 PM
Well done paola!!!, but ease up on the UFE's :o :bounce:

:kiss:

Vut
May 30th, 2004, 03:46 PM
Congrats Suarez. not bad for jie !! :D

TS
May 30th, 2004, 03:50 PM
Great result :) :D

Excellent stuff Paola, now keep it going all the way to the semi's!

Next match is tough, as I love them both....but gotta go for the veteran :hearts:

Kudos to Jie Zheng on a fantastic French Open :)

azza
May 30th, 2004, 04:25 PM
Paola great win shoulda been more comfatble :tape: but onto QF :D

:bounce: