PDA

View Full Version : Will the Roland Garros website finally post Dementieva and Sharapova interviews?

the cat
May 30th, 2004, 01:26 PM
I think the odds are are 50/50 at best that the Roland Garros website will post the Dementieva and Sharapova interviews from today. It really is a terrible website as far as posting player interviews go. :mad: Why is it so hard for them to post numerous player interviews on a daily basis? Unlike the Roland Garros website, the other 3 grand slams don't seem to have a problem posting many player interviews on a daily basis.

tenn_ace
May 30th, 2004, 01:29 PM
Q. After this tough match against Smashnova the other day, it seems that you were feeling good today out there.

ELENA DEMENTIEVA: Yeah, it was a very tough match, but I had a one-day break. You know, I recovered pretty well. I play only doubles, you know.

I feel pretty fresh today on the court.

Q. And the fact that from the heat yesterday, today it was cold and humid, it doesn't bother you at all?

ELENA DEMENTIEVA: It was kind of a difficult time because we didn't have a chance to practice, to warm up before the match on courts. I was playing indoor. I was doing some warm-up in the gym.

But, you know, I think it's good that we played 11:00. Now it looks like it's going to rain all the time. I'm lucky to finish.

Q. If you can say a few words about your next match. Maybe it's going to be Amelie, if she wins. You know her pretty well.

ELENA DEMENTIEVA: Yeah, I play a lot of times against Amelie. It's going to be a very difficult match to play against her here in Paris. She has a great support from the public.

But I had some good experience against her. You know, maybe for the first time I'm going to play on center court, I never play here before, so I'm very exciting about it.

Q. You get on well with her. I remember last year in LA when you beat Rubin...

ELENA DEMENTIEVA: I gave her a little chance, like a little present. But I'm not waiting for the present from her. I know she'll try to play and she'll try to beat me.

Q. What has been your best match against her?

ELENA DEMENTIEVA: I think last time I won it was in Toronto, in Toronto last year, yeah.

Q. And playing her on clay, you played her in Rome a long time ago?

ELENA DEMENTIEVA: I played Rome and I played against her in Fed Cup, but it was a clay courts indoor. But it was a long time ago. So now she just won two tournaments. She's in great shape. It's going to be very difficult for me.

Q. But you are ready to have a good second week?

ELENA DEMENTIEVA: I mean, why not? I'm still here, so I'm very happy.

the cat
May 30th, 2004, 01:35 PM
I haven't been able to get into the Roland Garros website today so I don't know what interviews they've posted. Thanks for Elena's inteview, tenn_ace.

Did you see Myskina's interview from yesterday? It was the shortest interview I have ever seen! :eek: That was ridiculous! :mad: Elena's interview today is a marathon interview compared to Myskina's interview yesterday! ;)