PDA

View Full Version : How many feel RG champion will be from the bottom half? Unless....

maccardel
May 30th, 2004, 12:30 PM
I would like for Amelie to win this tournament, but I keep feeling that when they show the bottom half of the draw play, I feel like I am seeing the next champion. That person is Venus, but I think Capriati is the next fav. I think the stars are lined up in a funny way. I could feel it, unless Paola could be the surprise winner. I still hope I am wrong and Amelie wins it all.

bandabou
May 30th, 2004, 12:36 PM
Me too....Venus, Serena, Jen...the winnerīs gonna come from these players....Momo ainīt ready yet.

tenn_ace
May 30th, 2004, 12:38 PM
Me too....Venus, Serena, Jen...the winnerīs gonna come from these players....Momo ainīt ready yet.
Svetlana from the bottom half will do it for me :bounce:

bandabou
May 30th, 2004, 12:39 PM
Gotta get by Myskina first...and donīt see her beating Venus either...

sartrista7
May 30th, 2004, 12:42 PM
Jesus, people, Capriati hasn't been a Slam contender for years now and one win over a listless Serena hasn't changed any of that. I'll be surprised if she gets to the semis, and can definitely see Schiavone beating her.

I'm still going with Amélie for the title, mental state pending.

bandabou
May 30th, 2004, 12:42 PM
Didnīt know that all fourth round matches are today....interesting.

jimbo mack
May 30th, 2004, 12:43 PM

i hope u havent put a bet on it :lol:

bandabou
May 30th, 2004, 12:43 PM
Jesus, people, Capriati hasn't been a Slam contender for years now and one win over a listless Serena hasn't changed any of that. I'll be surprised if she gets to the semis, and can definitely see Schiavone beating her.

Just for the form...

sartrista7
May 30th, 2004, 12:46 PM
i hope u havent put a bet on it :lol:

Nope. If she gets Venus in the final, I think Venus will win... but then, I think it'll be Serena in the final.

Capriati's form? She lost a set and was 0-3 in the third against Beygelzimer, but Beygelzimer choked. She struggled against Peschke, who ISN'T EVEN RANKED. She lost a set to Bovina. Yeah, that's great form - even Amélie, with her nerves, has looked more impressive.

tenn_ace
May 30th, 2004, 12:46 PM
Gotta get by Myskina first...and donīt see her beating Venus either...
We're talking about a winner of this tournament, right? and speaking of Venus, she'll have a run for her money against Zuluaga. mark my words.

btw, I bet you didn't see Lena beating Linds either. Masha to be in the quarters.

Penne1
May 30th, 2004, 12:51 PM
The further Amelie goes in the tournament the better her chances are.

I was worried about her having the favourite tag in Paris and have watched her early matches very closely and the one against Anabel was a nervous one but she seems to be enjoying herself more than in the past at Roland Garros and she is keeping her head and nerve. If she can do that she can win this.

She will probably never have a better opportunity to be the French Open Champion!!

bandabou
May 30th, 2004, 12:55 PM
We're talking about a winner of this tournament, right? and speaking of Venus, she'll have a run for her money against Zuluaga. mark my words.

btw, I bet you didn't see Lena beating Linds either. Masha to be in the quarters.

:lol: If Lena canīt beat a non-moving Lindsay on clay....then tjaa.

Venus may struggle against Fabiola, but Svetlana WILL struggle against Anastasia....

tenn_ace
May 30th, 2004, 01:02 PM
:lol: If Lena canīt beat a non-moving Lindsay on clay....then tjaa.

Venus may struggle against Fabiola, but Svetlana WILL struggle against Anastasia....

let's just wait few hours to see who's right..................:drool:

treiber04
May 30th, 2004, 01:19 PM
It'll either be Venus or Sharapova.

Foot_Fault
May 30th, 2004, 01:25 PM
well i can say this, Mauresmo will make it to the Finals, and she'll be the fresher of the two, seeing that it is going to be a struggle for:
Venus Vs. Serena
Venus Vs. Jen

I just can't see Myskina or Kuznetsova beating Venus at this point.

bandabou
May 30th, 2004, 01:25 PM
let's just wait few hours to see who's right..................:drool:

Letīs do just that....

bandabou
May 30th, 2004, 01:29 PM
well i can say this, Mauresmo will make it to the Finals, and she'll be the fresher of the two, seeing that it is going to be a struggle for:
Venus Vs. Serena
Venus Vs. Jen

I just can't see Myskina or Kuznetsova beating Venus at this point.

at this level fitness ainīt gonna be a factor..all mental. Think Momo is gonna be mentally thougher than a Venus or Serena, maybe Jen?!

tenn_ace
May 30th, 2004, 01:31 PM
btw, it's cold and dump in Paris today, so the clay is slower.

Foot_Fault
May 30th, 2004, 01:36 PM
at this level fitness ainīt gonna be a factor..all mental. Think Momo is gonna be mentally thougher than a Venus or Serena, maybe Jen?!
Uhhhh, Mentally Tougher?...ok:rolleyes:

In that case, based on the Past...the Top half really needs to watch out for Sharapova, she's the only playing with Nothing really to Lose.
She's blasting winners like a Mad Woman, any win through the QF's for her will be Gravy, further cementing her future as the new star of the game. I would not be surprised to see her beat Suarez and take it to Momo.

Foot_Fault
May 30th, 2004, 01:37 PM
btw, it's cold and dump in Paris today, so the clay is slower.
Thats not good for my baby Venus:sad: She'll figure it out though.

bandabou
May 30th, 2004, 01:41 PM
Uhhhh, Mentally Tougher?...ok:rolleyes:

In that case, based on the Past...the Top half really needs to watch out for Sharapova, she's the only playing with Nothing really to Lose.
She's blasting winners like a Mad Woman, any win through the QF's for her will be Gravy, further cementing her future as the new star of the game. I would not be surprised to see her beat Suarez and take it to Momo.

and then, and then?! Itīs a whole different thing: Venus or Serena....whole different than Suarez, Weingartner,etc...

Chunchun
May 30th, 2004, 02:13 PM
champion will from the top half, u know : It's LenaD!!

hingis-seles
May 30th, 2004, 02:22 PM
You guys are forgetting about the Roland Garros crowd being a factor if Momo is in the final. :devil:

tenn_ace
May 30th, 2004, 02:32 PM
You guys are forgetting about the Roland Garros crowd being a factor if Momo is in the final. :devil:
I don't think it could affect either Serena or Venus anymore... but could be a factor if any other player makes to the final

Foot_Fault
May 30th, 2004, 02:45 PM
and then, and then?! Itīs a whole different thing: Venus or Serena....whole different than Suarez, Weingartner,etc...
yeah, but u just said Venus and Serena and Jennifer are not as Mentally Tough as Mauresmo.

Think Momo is gonna be mentally thougher than a Venus or Serena, maybe Jen?!
I disagree, that's why i feel Sharapova, if she makes it to the Semi's has nothing to Lose.