May 30th, 2004, 10:13 AM
Lena, congratulations!

Allez-H
May 30th, 2004, 10:15 AM
Poor Lindsay :sad: She's obviously injured :sad:

But congrats Lena :yeah:

foreva lindsay
May 30th, 2004, 10:15 AM
:tears: :sobbing: :crying2: :hysteric: :shout: :bigcry: :banghead: :scratch: :smash: :help: :sad:
lindsay!!!!!!!! *cries* get your knee better real soon

sartrista7
May 30th, 2004, 10:16 AM
:banana: Lena! Well done girl... I thought this might happen, though not by this score. First Slam QF since 2000!

TheBoiledEgg
May 30th, 2004, 10:17 AM
Lena :hearts: :D :) :banana: :)

well done Lena ;) :D :) :kiss: :hug:

now rest up well for the QF :)

TatiAnnahølic
May 30th, 2004, 10:18 AM
now that's shocking... :eek:! Congrats Elena! :D

but Lindsay :sad:

Dava
May 30th, 2004, 10:18 AM
Well dont Elena first GS QF for 4 years...:bounce: Well done and good luck against whoever you play next :D

Good stats as well

55% first serve in
Average speed 90MPH
20 winners to 16 unforced errors
Only 5 double faults.

Im just spo happy she did this cos everyoine said she had no chance.

Greenout
May 30th, 2004, 10:19 AM
Elena served "aces" congrats. Perhaps, LD was really injured. It
looked very much like a big star/champ choke in set 1; but Elena
was hitting the ball really, really well. All credit to ED.

Andrew.
May 30th, 2004, 10:19 AM
Well dont Elena first GS QF for 4 years...:bounce: Well done and good luck against whoever you play next :D

Good stats as well

55% first serve in
Average speed 90MPH
Only 5 double faults.

You actually think she would have if Lindsay was moving? All Lindsay did was stand there like a potted plant. Congrats to Elena for winning the match, but honestly, you don't think Lindsay's injury made any difference?

GoDominique
May 30th, 2004, 10:20 AM
:speakles:

VeraNuVirgosFan
May 30th, 2004, 10:20 AM
Lindsay, get well real soon before the grass season!!

(After your 600th victory, you shouldn't have the injury at this time!)

TheBoiledEgg
May 30th, 2004, 10:21 AM
You actually think she would have if Lindsay was moving? All Lindsay did was stand there like a potted plant. Congrats to Elena for winning the match, but honestly, you don't think Lindsay's injury made any difference?
YES !!!!
its not like she hasnt done so before :rolleyes:

Filadidas
Congrats, Elena!!! What a win!!! :D

Didn't know how injured Lindsay was.... but apparently it shouldn't be too serious as she defeated Marissa Irvin 6-0/6-4 two days ago........

Elena must be on fire.... hitting 20 winners compared to Lindsay's 7 winners.... and only 16 UF errors compared to Lindsay's 28 UF errors.... 1st serve winning % is impressive for Elena too.... 73% compared to Lindsay's 38%!!!!! Lindsay wasn't serving that bad... only 3 double faults and average 1st speed with 155 km/h... that's normal Lindsay's serving stats!!

Anyway... here is another surprise in this year's FO!!!! But so happy Elena made it to the QF!!! Keep it up, girl!!! :D

Dava
Erm Lindsays injury couldnt effect Elenas serve...?

SJW
Andrew now you know how it feels :)

congrats Elena :yeah:
Linzi plz get better soon...Wimby wants you :sad:

Andrew.
YES !!!!
its not like she hasnt done so before :rolleyes:
She has not whipped Lindsay like that ever before, and Lindsay was obviously in pain. SHE DID NOT MOVE. At all.

daniela86
May 30th, 2004, 10:23 AM
Congrats Lena D :kiss: :hearts: :bounce: :angel: :D :) :worship: ;) ;) ;) I'm so happy to see her in QF but Lindsay's knee :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: I hope she will get better soon:bigcry:! It makes me a bitter joy, I would like to see Lena winning in normal condition! :)

rada
May 30th, 2004, 10:25 AM
well done Elena good win......she played well and if lindsay was in pain she shouldnt play lol HELLO

Mercury Rising
May 30th, 2004, 10:26 AM
Erm Lindsays injury couldnt effect Elenas serve...?Do you mean she served well in this match? I saw the match and it looked like shit, the Dutch commentator also said it was unbelievable she's in top 10 with a serve like that. Ofcourse Lindsays returns on the serve were even worse...

AaronJoyB
May 30th, 2004, 10:28 AM
I saw the match and Lindsay was not her!
But Elena was so focused and on fire

englishjenfan
May 30th, 2004, 10:32 AM
Wow Thats Shocking!

DelMonte
May 30th, 2004, 10:32 AM
what on earth???!!! i can't believe lindsay lost!!

anyway, congrats to elena and get better soon lindsay. :sad:

GermanBoy
May 30th, 2004, 10:34 AM
Are you joking? :eek:

!<blocparty>!
May 30th, 2004, 10:34 AM
Crap, hope this injury is not serious, Lindsay was looking great, I hope her grass court perparations will not be hampered.

Andrew.
May 30th, 2004, 10:36 AM
Crap, hope this injury is not serious, Lindsay was looking great, I hope her grass court perparations will not be hampered.
She wasn't planning on playing any grass warmups, but I think it would be a good idea if she did.

Zhao
May 30th, 2004, 10:37 AM
with this win she's going to shoot up the rankings
Congrats....
Good luck against Momo

GermanBoy
May 30th, 2004, 10:39 AM
OMG, it`s true! :sad: It can`t be true. I have seen Dementieva play versus Smashnova-Pistolesi. I am shocked! The top half is... I am speechless... :awww::bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

Freewoman33
May 30th, 2004, 10:40 AM
Damn! Get better soon Lindsay.

bandabou
May 30th, 2004, 10:41 AM
Hmm...the scoreline is surprising, but not the result. Nice win elena...now it´s against probably Momo..

Doc
May 30th, 2004, 10:42 AM
Emphatic win for Elena :D :D

And it shows how much those people who were tearing her apart yesterday know about things.

Elena has had so many good wins over top players. Don't underestimate her.

Chunchun
May 30th, 2004, 10:47 AM
Alyona :kiss: :banana: :bounce:

bubble
May 30th, 2004, 10:48 AM
Do you mean she served well in this match? I saw the match and it looked like shit, the Dutch commentator also said it was unbelievable she's in top 10 with a serve like that. Ofcourse Lindsays returns on the serve were even worse...

This is because Elena's groundstrokes are top class.... Plus she is quick on the court.

!<blocparty>!
May 30th, 2004, 11:06 AM
She wasn't planning on playing any grass warmups, but I think it would be a good idea if she did.
Preparations do not mean playing tournaments, I mean I hope she will be able to put in as much practice as she wants without her knee bothering her.

esquímaux
May 30th, 2004, 11:27 AM
WTF Linzi! :smash::smash::smash::smash:

SpikeyAidanm
May 30th, 2004, 11:29 AM
WTF Linzi! :smash::smash::smash::smash:

mornin :hehehe:

WorldWar24
May 30th, 2004, 11:32 AM
SHOCKER :eek:

congrats ELENA :D

*Jool*
May 30th, 2004, 11:32 AM
Momo hasn't won yet !! :( Go, Maggie !! :bounce:

esquímaux
May 30th, 2004, 11:34 AM
mornin :hehehe:

MORNING SPIKEY!!!:kiss::hearts: (and yes, that's all the sleep I get these days :yawn: ) *bUrP* I'm making my way to the fridge now :angel::D

Aerien
May 30th, 2004, 11:37 AM
I'm more surprised that she won with a SECOND SERVE ACE. :o
But congrats anyway Elena D.

AKTW
May 30th, 2004, 11:47 AM

Good stats as well

55% first serve in
Average speed 90MPH
Only 5 double faults.

Good performance from Lena and she didn't give us heart attack this time!
I hope Lindsay gets well soon.
Congrats Lena and good luck in QF! :)

thelittlestelf
May 30th, 2004, 12:11 PM
Aw that sucks so bad...Lindsay was about the only uninjured player on tour there for a while... she clearly wasn't herself today. I hope her knee is better for Wimbledon!

tenn_ace
May 30th, 2004, 12:14 PM
well done Lena :kiss:

get well soon Linds

gossipcom
May 30th, 2004, 12:24 PM
Plus this just doesn't affect Wimbledon but also Fed Cup and also her place in the US Olympics Team.

At the moment right now she's the highest ranked American in the singles (if you minus the Williams protected rankings) and since only 4 Americans go for singles you have to play Fed Cup to be eligible - she hasn't played Fed Cup in 2 years now and had said she was going to play in June / July - if this rules her out it could affect that spot in the Olympics team.

I'm just hoping for her sake it's nothing serious and just needs a few weeks rest before Wimbledon.

vettipooh
May 30th, 2004, 12:28 PM
The surprises keep pouring in!!! Get well soon Linzi.Anyone knows the nature of the knee injury?

vettipooh
May 30th, 2004, 12:33 PM
Plus this just doesn't affect Wimbledon but also Fed Cup and also her place in the US Olympics Team.

At the moment right now she's the highest ranked American in the singles (if you minus the Williams protected rankings) and since only 4 Americans go for singles you have to play Fed Cup to be eligible - she hasn't played Fed Cup in 2 years now and had said she was going to play in June / July - if this rules her out it could affect that spot in the Olympics team.

I'm just hoping for her sake it's nothing serious and just needs a few weeks rest before Wimbledon. There's an article at ******************** that says that Linzi says "no" to Fed Cup.I don't have a membership, so I can't read the entire article.Check it out.

gossipcom
May 30th, 2004, 12:42 PM
vettipooh thanks for that info, shall do.

Sportfan
May 30th, 2004, 01:01 PM
Too bad for lindsay I was hoping she would do better things just keep looking up for Amelie. Congrats to Dementieva.

JennyS
May 30th, 2004, 01:06 PM
I had a feeling that Elena might win this match since she's beaten Lindsay on clay before, although I still thought Lindsay would win. It's nice to see Elena get to the later rounds at a major again. If she plays Mauresmo, I wonder how she will handle the crowd.

sbmh
May 30th, 2004, 01:21 PM
Congrats Lena:)
Lindsay:sad:

toobaxx
May 30th, 2004, 01:24 PM
Lindsay was almost limping on court OK! Elena didn't do anything éxtrodinary!!!

IF LINDSAY HADN`T BEEN INJURED SHE WOULD HAVE KICKED ELENAS SORRY ASS! YOU COULD TELL IF YOU WATCHED THE MATCH!!!!

flyingmachine
May 30th, 2004, 01:27 PM
:eek:

bmxbandit
May 30th, 2004, 01:32 PM
Poor Lindsay, she was literally limping on the court.

Get well soon honey!

Vincent
May 30th, 2004, 01:33 PM
This is very shocking, I thought the match would the other way around, Lindsay would deafeat Elena by that scoreline if she is healthy...:speakles: But it's clever that Elena could take advantage of Lindsay's bad physical condition and went on to with without much trouble. congrats to Elena and get well soon Lindsay! Lindsay please win at least one slam before you go!

tennisIlove09
May 30th, 2004, 01:40 PM
Eh. These injuries are taking it's toll on Lindsay. It's sad :sad:

And how inconsistent is Dementieva? A couple days ago, she struggles to win 0-6 7-6 ret.

Today she drops 4 games against Davenport? Why didn't she play this way against SMashnova?...

Congrats though :)

Momo has to be loving this.

tenn_ace
May 30th, 2004, 01:41 PM

And how inconsistent is Dementieva? A couple days ago, she struggles to win 0-6 7-6 ret.

Today she drops 4 games against Davenport? Why didn't she play this way against SMashnova?...

maybe Lena peaking at the right time: second week of a major?

Sharapova's_Boy
May 30th, 2004, 01:45 PM
Udachi Lena :D Great win :yeah:

I actually didn't notice Lindsay's injury till she called for the trainer, she seemed to be moving okay up untill that point, where the injury was made obvious.

But great win Elena, you played fantastic. :hug:

Infiniti2001
May 30th, 2004, 02:09 PM
Damn Big Lindsay-- then again her movement against Marissa looked suspect. Rest up now :p

GoSandrine
May 30th, 2004, 02:21 PM
Lindsay :hysteric:

When on earth did she reinjure her knee? I heard no mention of any problems after Lindsay's previous match but maybe it was bothering her then. Did she injure it today?

:confused:

Get better Linds. :hug: A huge disappointment. I was looking forward to see her play Amelie in the quarters. :sad:

watrat
May 30th, 2004, 02:31 PM
Leeeena, Leeeena, Leeeena, Leeeena :bigclap::bigclap::bigclap::bigclap:
:banana::banana::banana:

These days Lindsay is surprisingly loosing to lower seeded players. :wazzup: :lol:

ghosts
May 30th, 2004, 02:33 PM
:eek:

Melly Flew Us
May 30th, 2004, 02:48 PM
Lindsay :hysteric:

When on earth did she reinjure her knee? I heard no mention of any problems after Lindsay's previous match ...:sad:
she came into the 3rd rd with small bits of tape on her right knee.
today the tape was slightly larger.

Leo_DFP
May 30th, 2004, 02:51 PM
:sad:

I'm somewhat happy for Elena considering she hasn't been in a Slam quarterfinal since the 2000 US Open :rolleyes: But it was clear that Lindsay was struggling with her re-aggravated knee injury. Had she been fully healthy, this would have been her prime chance to reach the final here in Paris. Now her career may be over very soon.

Mauresmo shoould really cruise to the finals now. The only one I see possibly stopping her is Suarez, but the Russian girls are too erratic.

Experimentee
May 30th, 2004, 02:56 PM
Elena gets to QF because of two injured opponents :haha:

Hantuchov
May 30th, 2004, 02:57 PM
Alyona :woohoo: :aparty: :hearts: :yeah:

skanky~skanketta
May 30th, 2004, 03:03 PM
Elena gets to QF because of two injured opponents :haha:
u dont have to be mean about it. and its not even funny.

congrats elena. too bad linzi and linzi's fans.

lets hope momo doesnt choke this one away.

Knizzle
May 30th, 2004, 03:10 PM
They are showing Lindsay's match right now.

harloo
May 30th, 2004, 03:15 PM
Lindsay!!! Oh no!!!!!!!

Smackie
May 30th, 2004, 03:16 PM
Ohhhh....didn't think Elena can do it. Well done.

Sorry for Lindsay though. It would be exciting to have her in the Quatres but injured again.....:(

beauty_is_pink
May 30th, 2004, 03:38 PM
IM TELLING YOU GUYS THIS RG IS WEEEIIRRRDDD!!!!

anyways. ELENA!! :woohoo: CONGRATS MAN!!!!
and wow... you ACED Lindsay!!! :eek: :D

YOU SO ROCK!!! GOOD LUCK NEXT ROUND!!! :kiss: :bounce: :yeah:

Mad-About-Venus
May 30th, 2004, 03:39 PM
I'm watching the match on T.V an Lindsay obviously is not moving well, but Dementieva is going for her shots, playing really well. Amelie is going to have her hands full with her.

Knizzle
May 30th, 2004, 03:45 PM
I'm watching the match on T.V an Lindsay obviously is not moving well, but Dementieva is going for her shots, playing really well. Amelie is going to have her hands full with her.
Lindsay is a little slower than usual, but just making way too many errors. Dementieva is playing well. Davenport not teeing off on Dementieva's serve. Carillo said that pre-match LD said her knee was fine, but I don't know if I believe that totally.

Vut
May 30th, 2004, 03:46 PM
:sad:

GoSandrine
May 30th, 2004, 04:35 PM
I forced myself to watch most of this match knowing the result and the condition of Lindsay. I feared it would be painful on my eyes and it was. Lindsay moves slowly when she's healthy and today even more so causing her to spray lots of balls and to stop short of running after well hit balls from Elena.

A sad day for Lindsay and fans. :sobbing:

foreva lindsay
May 30th, 2004, 04:42 PM
Lindsay was almost limping on court OK! Elena didn't do anything éxtrodinary!!!

IF LINDSAY HADN`T BEEN INJURED SHE WOULD HAVE KICKED ELENAS SORRY ASS! YOU COULD TELL IF YOU WATCHED THE MATCH!!!!

gotta agree and i didnt even see the match

Congrats, Elena!!! What a win!!! :D

Didn't know how injured Lindsay was.... but apparently it shouldn't be too serious as she defeated Marissa Irvin 6-0/6-4 two days ago........

Elena must be on fire.... hitting 20 winners compared to Lindsay's 7 winners.... and only 16 UF errors compared to Lindsay's 28 UF errors.... 1st serve winning % is impressive for Elena too.... 73% compared to Lindsay's 38%!!!!! Lindsay wasn't serving that bad... only 3 double faults and average 1st speed with 155 km/h... that's normal Lindsay's serving stats!!

Anyway... here is another surprise in this year's FO!!!! But so happy Elena made it to the QF!!! Keep it up, girl!!! :D

well it must have been easier for elena to hit winners as lindsay couldnt move well due to her knee!! lol :tape:

all i can say is GOOOOOOOO AMELIE!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Geri
May 30th, 2004, 04:43 PM
Real shame for Lindsay D :sad: :sad: but Dementieva is riding her luck here. Anna S-P should have beat her in 2. How anyone can stand at the back fence when THAT serve is coming at you is beyond me :rolleyes: I had heard the serve was bad but watching the Anna match I can't believe she is near the top of the game with it :confused: :confused: If Davenport was close to full fitness she would have battered that serve all over the court :o It seriously is like a junior's serve :tape: BUT when she is in a rally Elena as we all know can be great. Olga Morozova is her coach I believe :confused: Olga must know someone who can straighten it out because right now it's holding her player back. Dementieva should go to Pete Sampras or anyone who knows about good serving and say "Pete, here's a $200,000. Give me a serve". Being totally serious here because it is what she needs - bad.

MarkyMark
May 30th, 2004, 04:48 PM

Im sorry but Lindsay is so full of shit. She has never lost a match in the past two years with out claiming injury, Mary Carllo said that before the match Lindsay said that her knee was not bothering her and would not determine if she won or lost and the minute dementieva plays well Lindsaay now claims it's her knee. Jonny Mac even said he would like to hear how she will change her tune after the match.

Sore loser, sorry guys don't hate me for calling a spade a spade. She may be a great person, but seriously this injury stuff is getting old. She got out played, well done Elena.

Lindsay will be playing her ass offf in wimbly if not sooner in eastbourne, so all you lindsay fans have nothing to worry about

Andrew.
May 30th, 2004, 04:53 PM
Im sorry but Lindsay is so full of shit. She has never lost a match in the past two years with out claiming injury, Mary Carllo said that before the match Lindsay said that her knee was not bothering her and would not determine if she won or lost and the minute dementieva plays well Lindsaay now claims it's her knee. Jonny Mac even said he would like to hear how she will change her tune after the match.

Sore loser, sorry guys don't hate me for calling a spade a spade. She may be a great person, but seriously this injury stuff is getting old. She got out played, well done Elena.

Lindsay will be playing her ass offf in wimbly if not sooner in eastbourne, so all you lindsay fans have nothing to worry about
That post is so idiotic it almost doesn't deserve an answer.

She injured it during the first set, once she was already playing. She also said that this happened in her second round match.

Lindsay is not one to fake injuries. She WITHDREW from the Sydney match this year. All the other matches she has lost were just that - LOSSES. Nothing else. Today her loss was part of her injury. If you watched that match and couldn't see the pain she was in then you're a fucking indiot.

LindsayRocks89
May 30th, 2004, 05:00 PM
[QUOTE=MarkyMark]Im sorry but Lindsay is so full of shit. She has never lost a match in the past two years with out claiming injury, Mary Carllo said that before the match Lindsay said that her knee was not bothering her and would not determine if she won or lost and the minute dementieva plays well Lindsaay now claims it's her knee. Jonny Mac even said he would like to hear how she will change her tune after the match.

Lindsay will be playing her ass offf in wimbly if not sooner in eastbourne, so all you lindsay fans have nothing to worry about[/QUOTa

are you stupid? She reaggravated her knee in the first set and she was visibly limping in the second set, also Lindsay is not one to fake things, so you need to shut your mouth.

GermanBoy
May 30th, 2004, 05:05 PM
Lindsay, I am still suffering.... :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: Get well soon!:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

MarkyMark
May 30th, 2004, 05:48 PM
That post is so idiotic it almost doesn't deserve an answer.

She injured it during the first set, once she was already playing. She also said that this happened in her second round match.

Lindsay is not one to fake injuries. She WITHDREW from the Sydney match this year. All the other matches she has lost were just that - LOSSES. Nothing else. Today her loss was part of her injury. If you watched that match and couldn't see the pain she was in then you're a fucking indiot.

your a friggen crazed lindsay fan so of course your are going to call me a f%$#*! idiot. Your probaby a man hatter anyways, and if your a man your a really pussy to be calling people those names

MarkyMark
May 30th, 2004, 05:48 PM
[QUOTE=MarkyMark]Im sorry but Lindsay is so full of shit. She has never lost a match in the past two years with out claiming injury, Mary Carllo said that before the match Lindsay said that her knee was not bothering her and would not determine if she won or lost and the minute dementieva plays well Lindsaay now claims it's her knee. Jonny Mac even said he would like to hear how she will change her tune after the match.

Lindsay will be playing her ass offf in wimbly if not sooner in eastbourne, so all you lindsay fans have nothing to worry about[/QUOTa

are you stupid? She reaggravated her knee in the first set and she was visibly limping in the second set, also Lindsay is not one to fake things, so you need to shut your mouth.

shut your hole

gokimmie
May 30th, 2004, 05:53 PM
such a double feeling !!
so sorry for Lindsay ,but also very happy for Elena who played really well
(and looked awesome as usual :drool: )

Justineladivine
May 30th, 2004, 06:05 PM
GLAD FOR YOU, elena. Hope you get over the next hurdle. A tough one but I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I'd loke a final between you and Nastia (I know what some folks out here will say, dream on, dream on, but still...)

Andrew.
May 30th, 2004, 06:07 PM
your a friggen crazed lindsay fan so of course your are going to call me a f%$#*! idiot. Your probaby a man hatter anyways, and if your a man your a really pussy to be calling people those names
:haha:

I just pointed out the FACTS straight up to you.

Obviously I am a woman, Andrew is a very feminine name. :tape:

Mathijs
May 30th, 2004, 06:20 PM
well done Lena, keep it up :D

Get well soon Lindsay :sad:

foreva lindsay
May 30th, 2004, 06:39 PM

so if she wasn't injured WHY didnt she play 100%, why couldnt she move very well, stupid plan to want to lose. i think you'l find that she is injured hence the bandage on her knee.
oh btw she isnt playing at eastbourne. thats another fact you have got WRONG, why do people that dont know anything try to pretend they do, it only angers real people that care. and if your going by what johhny mac says then thats even funner, he doesnt no what hes on about, most the ex players dont... :tape:

foreva lindsay
May 30th, 2004, 06:42 PM

well ya never no :lol: ;)
how cant people tell your a guy?? :confused:

TheBoiledEgg
May 30th, 2004, 06:47 PM
Lindsay herself says "she tweaked her knee early in 2nd set"

how does it explain the 1st set ????

TheBoiledEgg
May 30th, 2004, 06:50 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/3761651.stm

Dementieva stuns Davenport

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/shared/img/o.gifhttp://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40214000/jpg/_40214257_dementieva203.jpg
Latest results (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/statistics/default.stm)

Elena Dementieva was the first player to book her quarter-final place at the French Open, beating fifth seed Lindsay Davenport in straight sets.

The ninth seed raced to a 4-0 lead in the first set, which she won 6-1 and then took the second 6-4.

The 22-year-old Russian will now play third seed Amelie Mauresmo

Davenport was targetting the only Grand Slam title she is yet to win, but was severely hampered by a knee injury.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/shared/img/o.gifDavenport could miss Olympics (http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/russian/talking_point/newsid_3760000/3760903.stm)

"I tweaked my knee in the second set and it was really sore," she said.

"I decided to keep the points short, it probably would have been better to stop. "I don't think it's a fractured cartilage, just a bruise but I would be extremely bummed if I had to spend more time away. It's been a great year for me so far, so hopefully this is just a blip."

Stephieva
May 30th, 2004, 06:53 PM
also...this is from linds...

"In the beginning it felt fine," Davenport said. "I lost the first set 6-1 because I didn't play well, it wasn't even that. But early in the second, I just felt this like click that I get in there where I just kind of land funny on my knee. From then on, it was really sore.

"I don't know exactly what I did. I'm pretty sure I didn't fracture the cartilage like I did the bad time before. I don't know if maybe I have a small bone bruise again or what. It was just a huge irritant in the second set."

Heeves23
May 31st, 2004, 01:41 AM
Davenport got beat plain and simple. You can't use the knee as an excuse. She aggrivated it in the 2nd set anyways. You have to remember Davenport can't move well compared to Dementieva. Dementieva killed her with her ground strokes and made her run.

bubble
May 31st, 2004, 01:55 AM

Lena likes playing fellow big hitters more than retrievers like Anna-S.

She has beaten Momo before, so I do not see a victory unlikely unless Elena got tight and starts serving badly again.

MarkyMark
May 31st, 2004, 02:49 AM

well your posts are writen like a true bitch, so I thought could be a chick, anyways lindsay is a sore loser, she does this foot/knee thing all the time and then you'll see her cleaning up with her next easy draw in her next tourny. I am so confused by her injuries cause she kicks major ass a couple weeks later, after stating that she will be out for months(remember new haven)Time she retires anyways. Midway through any lose she will start to limp or drag her leg/foot.

Johnny mac was dead on when he said he wanted to hear what she had to say about her knee when she was done losing to elena

WAY TO GO ELENA, YOU KICKED IT, FLIPPED IT, SMACKED IT AND TOOK IT HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LindsayRocks89
May 31st, 2004, 03:01 AM
well your posts are writen like a true bitch, so I thought could be a chick, anyways lindsay is a sore loser, she does this foot/knee thing all the time and then you'll see her cleaning up with her next easy draw in her next tourny. I am so confused by her injuries cause she kicks major ass a couple weeks later, after stating that she will be out for months(remember new haven)Time she retires anyways. Midway through any lose she will start to limp or drag her leg/foot.

Johnny mac was dead on when he said he wanted to hear what she had to say about her knee when she was done losing to elena

WAY TO GO ELENA, YOU KICKED IT, FLIPPED IT, SMACKED IT AND TOOK IT HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you have one twisted little mind, Lindsay was clearly injured in the second set, she said she felt fine at the beginning but clearly she wasnt playing well, and Dementiva didnt play very well herself.

Veritas
May 31st, 2004, 03:15 AM
you have one twisted little mind, Lindsay was clearly injured in the second set, she said she felt fine at the beginning but clearly she wasnt playing well, and Dementiva didnt play very well herself.

Of course Lindsay was injured and of course that was the main reason why Elena beat her in straight sets.

But don't say that Elena "didn't play very well herself" b/c her groundstrokes were awesome that day.

Congrats Elena and good luck against Amelie!

fOxYLiCiOuS
May 31st, 2004, 03:40 AM
Elena deserved this match regardless of Lindsay's condition.

Elena played fairly solid and well was very strong off the ground and she surprised me on serve.

Only 2 DF's in the frist set and 3 in the last 2-3 games of the match.

Elena played good tennis :)

hnwortman
May 31st, 2004, 03:43 AM
What a match Elena!! I love your spirit and am always your fan!! Congrats!!

bubble
May 31st, 2004, 03:47 AM
I think you obviously did not watch Dementieva play regularly. Elena finished the match serving out and won match point with a 2nd serve ace.... which surprised even her own fans at how well she has played at this match with her aggressive groundstrokes, return of serves and her much improved serving at this match ( although can be improved more) :)

Jackson.
May 31st, 2004, 08:21 AM
Elena :D :D You played so well :hearts: :hug:

Vass22
May 31st, 2004, 08:29 AM
so if she wasn't injured WHY didnt she play 100%, why couldnt she move very well, stupid plan to want to lose. i think you'l find that she is injured hence the bandage on her knee.
oh btw she isnt playing at eastbourne. thats another fact you have got WRONG, why do people that dont know anything try to pretend they do, it only angers real people that care. and if your going by what johhny mac says then thats even funner, he doesnt no what hes on about, most the ex players dont... :tape:

I saw the match. I'd it was evident right from the start that she's having a bad day. But was not like an injury. She did run in the first set (don't remember the second), but she missed many of her shots, even the easy ones. She would have lost even without an injury today, but not entirely beacuse Lena played amazing tennis.

Lena's game couldn't be ruled out too. I didn't see the stats, but I had an impression that she was double foulting that much. I saw that she was VERY quick to takle advantage of Lindsay's condition. She hit beautiful winners.

Dokicfan17
May 31st, 2004, 03:58 PM
lindsay is fine....she said herself" if i lose this match its because i played stinky, not my knee"

yay elena d,....ur just so much better