PDA

View Full Version : three down, one to go...

Melly Flew Us
May 30th, 2004, 03:28 AM
... injury is a bitch.

some stats for the sagacious to saviour:

lindsay is the only player whose service stats have significantly increased each round.

serena's stats are (relative to games played) static.

jie and maria are the only players with no (delcared) injuries, niggles etc pre/post RG since Jan 2004.

shinobu, lindsay, maggie and anastasia have injuries/niggles picked up during RG.

Jie, marlene, amelie, shinobu, jennifer and anastasia have won inspite of worse stats than their opponents in every round.

Melly Flew Us
May 30th, 2004, 04:10 AM
does anybody know why william hill have kuznetsova as the favourite to win? did i miss something, is myskina threatening to withdraw? or are they just trying to limiy my winnings?

Melly Flew Us
May 30th, 2004, 11:25 AM
some stats for the sagacious to saviour:

shinobu, lindsay and anastasia have injuries/niggles picked up during RG.
one down, two to go

HectorMagnus
May 30th, 2004, 11:38 AM
Jennifer and anastasia have won inspite of worse stats than their opponents in every round.

that's not true: Cappy had worse stats only in her 1RD match....

Melly Flew Us
May 30th, 2004, 12:18 PM
that's not true: Cappy had worse stats only in her 1RD match....
yes it is.

jen's record when comparing: games won/games lost, 2nd serve/1st serve, winners, return points won/errors, winners/errors, opponent's total errors,

*n2-4, n2-4, n2-4

3rd, 2nd rd and 1st rd respectively.

the list of stats is endless but i've limited myself to these for RG 2004.

HectorMagnus
May 30th, 2004, 12:28 PM
yes it is.

jen's record when comparing: games won/games lost, 2nd serve/1st serve, winners, return points won/errors, winners/errors, opponent's total errors,

*n2-4, n2-4, n2-4

3rd, 2nd rd and 1st rd respectively.

the list of stats is endless but i've limited myself to these for RG 2004.

no, compare her stats in her second round match, what can you see? I see she was better, much more better UE/W -5 (Kveta UE/W -17)...her third round match against Bovina doesn't look much worse, even better in winners....

but that's not the point, we'll see, anyway stats are only stats, say nothing about important points that are in a match and as you can see in Elena's performance (no offense) stat isn't more than numbers.....

Melly Flew Us
May 30th, 2004, 12:34 PM
no, compare her stats in her second round match, what can you see? I see she was better, much more better UE/W -5 (Kveta UE/W -17)...her third round match against Bovina doesn't look much worse, even better in winners.....
when i say n2-4, that means she was better in two sets of stats, but worse in four sets of stats, therefore the stats are against her 2-4.

yeah, stats are numbers, but so is the universe.

don't get defensive, at no time did i say that this would mean that jen would either lose next round or fail to improve.:lick: