PDA

View Full Version : watching tennis live is less interesting than seeing it on the telly

Melly Flew Us
May 30th, 2004, 03:05 AM
at least it is for me coz i have a short attention span and chat is always more interesting; whether your own or that of the commentators.

that's why i hate eurosport and france2/3. crappy coverage all over. bring on mr murdoch's global domination.

beauty_is_pink
May 30th, 2004, 03:20 AM
obviously watching live tennis is better than tv...! :p but one thing i like about tennis on tv is sometimes they have interesting background or gossip on the players.. :lol: makes it more interesting.. and the replay is great!

SpikeyAidanm
May 30th, 2004, 05:36 AM
What strikes me is that in watching tennis live - it seems all the players practically hit/serve the same way, hard to distinguish any differences (Daniilidou is an exception however...), on TV the difference in styles is easier too notice partly due to the "slower" rate of shots they show...

Fingon
May 30th, 2004, 06:57 AM
at least it is for me coz i have a short attention span and chat is always more interesting; whether your own or that of the commentators.

that's why i hate eurosport and france2/3. crappy coverage all over. bring on mr murdoch's global domination.
you've got to be joking

switz
May 30th, 2004, 07:05 AM
completely disagree. watching tennis on tv sucks because they never show matches involving players with interesting games if they're not playing a super star and the commentators annoy the hell out of me no matter who they are. i mean you would think eventually they would realise that most of the people watching the tennis today on tv are the same people as yesterday, but yet they just talk about the same things over and over and over again (i mean how many more times can john barret say the rules needs to be changed in regards to medical time outs?? every fucking match they rant on about it. it reminds me of this board in many ways.

CooCooCachoo
May 30th, 2004, 07:40 AM
I always love watching doubles matches.. and they are hardly ever on TV. And matches of my fav. players aren't broadcast that much either. Plus the atmosphere at tournaments is just great. There is no way TV is better than real life ;)

Stefwhit
May 30th, 2004, 07:47 AM
The question of TV Tennis vs. Live Tennis is being answered and discussed here in two different ways.
-If we're talking about watching a match live compared to watching that same match play out on TV and the question being which is more interesting, than I'd say it's a tie- it depends.
-But if we're talking about watching a tennis tournament on tv compared to being at an event in person, then I'd definitely agree that being at an event is a lot more exciting than watching an event on TV.

azza
May 30th, 2004, 08:02 AM
i love watching it live :drool:u dont realise how hard they actually hit the ball :eek: untill u see it live

gRaFiC
May 30th, 2004, 08:26 AM
I prefer watching it on TV. Every time I've watched tennis live (@ the Aus Open) I get sunburn, a headache, hot and uncomfortable. Guess I've conditioned myself to dislike live tennis. Although, the first time I saw Steffi play live at the Aus Open in '94 was amazing. Simply put, she hit the crap outta the ball.

Jackson.
May 30th, 2004, 08:31 AM
I love it live - it makes you realise how good they actually are ;) :bolt:

Melly Flew Us
May 30th, 2004, 09:54 AM
honestly, i don't pay attention, no matter what players, match, tournament. my brain disengages, my eyes start to wonder, my mouth starts to run and then i miss the really good points.

i don't know if it's coz i'm over excited or what, but the only match i concentrated in fr start to end was one of conchita's last yr, she's slow enough to tune in on time.