PDA

View Full Version : The cause of Hantuchova’s weight problem revealed

Mike_T
May 30th, 2004, 12:26 AM
Casonova’s been eating ALL of Daniela’s pies...

http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/613/21239274702casanova.jpg

:rolleyes:

azinna
May 30th, 2004, 12:28 AM
Hold up. Is this pic for real? Or is it PhotoShop?

WorldWar24
May 30th, 2004, 12:29 AM
Myriam has a metabolic disorder! :sobbing: will you please stop attacking her?

Eurotennisfan
May 30th, 2004, 12:31 AM
I think the fact that she is even able to win one game says a lot about her talent.

Berlin_Calling
May 30th, 2004, 12:33 AM
:( Myriam. She is so talented, only if she could control her fitness..

volta
May 30th, 2004, 12:35 AM
yeah. she´s a good player but she needs to get a fisical Trainer and do something about her weigth cuz she´s losing some matches because she gets tired

LindsayRocks89
May 30th, 2004, 12:41 AM
you guys need to give her a break, she has some disorder that makes it difficult for her to lose weight, so give her some slack

baleineau
May 30th, 2004, 12:42 AM
Metabolic disorder? Assuming she eats normally and plays tennis (matches/practice) 25+ hours per week, this disorder must be extreme. If she didn't play tennis, imagine how big she'd be. :eek:

Still, I reckon she must be binge-eating on the side. If I was her coach, I'd be checking everywhere for concealed choccies, and would never let her out of my sight.

WorldWar24
May 30th, 2004, 12:45 AM
It's a disorder in the thyroid. Some people can't put on weight and others cannot lose weight, when they have extreme disorders. Myriam has one :o

beauty_is_pink
May 30th, 2004, 12:48 AM
Poor Myriam.. it's not like it's her fault... at least she's not giving up on tennis. and for what it's worth: Daniela realli didn't have a weight problem... look at her now. she's been getting her pies back! :rolleyes:

azinna
May 30th, 2004, 12:49 AM
Currently finishing medical school. I'd eb curious to know what, exactly, she has as a diagnosis. If she has hypothyroidism, it can be fixed with a number of medications and/or procedures. I haven't yet read about a thyroid disorder that can't be handled. She may, however, have her reasons for not undertaking treatment.

Foot_Fault
May 30th, 2004, 12:56 AM
She's probably in better shape than many of you.

decemberlove
May 30th, 2004, 12:57 AM
Poor Myriam.. it's not like it's her fault... at least she's not giving up on tennis. and for what it's worth: Daniela realli didn't have a weight problem... look at her now. she's been getting her pies back! :rolleyes:
yeah dani looks great lately :)

shnit.
May 30th, 2004, 01:09 AM
Poor Myriam.. it's not like it's her fault... at least she's not giving up on tennis. and for what it's worth: Daniela realli didn't have a weight problem... look at her now. she's been getting her pies back! http://wtaworld.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif
agree..and give cassanova a break man..

Berlin_Calling
May 30th, 2004, 01:15 AM
She kind of reminds me of Mary Pierce. Huge hitter when in position but in trouble as soon as her opponent makes her run. Myriam can hit really flat and hard, she was amazing when I saw her play Granville last year in New Haven. I think that it is really unfortunate for her to have this problem because who knows where she can be if she was fit. Even with the mobility lacking, she mananged to beat Justine and lose one game in routing top thirty players like Granville last year, with mobility she would be deadly.

Mike_T
May 30th, 2004, 01:15 AM
Had I known she has a medical condition, I wouldn’t of posted it. Shall I delete the thread or leave it, to inform others of her condition/plight?

Btw, Daniela definitely did have a weight problem - that was admitted by her coach, Sears. What is open to debate, is whether the cause was medical/psychological. But having heard of Sears’ marathon training sessions, over-training was probably as much a factor.

beauty_is_pink
May 30th, 2004, 01:20 AM
Btw, Daniela definitely did have a weight problem - that was admitted by her coach, Sears. What is open to debate, is whether the cause was medical/psychological. But having heard of Sears’ marathon training sessions, over-training was probably as much a factor.yeh, i said "she didn't realli" saying that something was wrong but it was definitely NOT anorexica, which most people thought it was.

Berlin_Calling
May 30th, 2004, 01:23 AM
yeh, i said "she didn't realli" saying that something was wrong but it was definitely NOT anorexica, which most people thought it was.
If Daniela ever had anorexia, she would collapse on court in the middle of the match due to lack of energy. She definitely could not have finished the Harkleroad match last year at RG or the Asagoe one at Wimby (both of which were played when Dani was very skinny) if she had anorexia.

beauty_is_pink
May 30th, 2004, 01:28 AM
If Daniela ever had anorexia, she would collapse on court in the middle of the match due to lack of energy. She definitely could not have finished the Harkleroad match last year at RG or the Asagoe one at Wimby (both of which were played when Dani was very skinny) if she had anorexia.amen! now tell those people who were realli sure of themselves that she had that disorder :rolleyes:

she overtrained a lot last season.. she's realli stubborn, but very hardworking.
im sure she learned her mistake from last season.. now shes looking better.. but the results could be better! :rolleyes: :p

shnit.
May 30th, 2004, 01:34 AM
she did admit that she didnt balance her training right..so maybe the factor of that was nigel and her training too much..but she said they would prevent the wrong things from happening again..whether its about the training thing or whatever..Daniela has a fitness trainer now..and she does look great now..and geez..she didnt have anorexia..

WF4EVER
May 30th, 2004, 01:35 AM
Wow, I didn't realize Myriam was so huge! But you know what? Tons of credit to her, man, getting to the third round of the FO (on clay) is no easy feat (from what I've heard) and she beat Sprem???? Vento-Kabchi? Wow, indeed. She almost beat Kuznetsova!

Yeah, we heard, she's got a metabolic disorder. I'm not knocking her because she can't lose weight, but I'm just amazed that this girl can achieve so much carrying that size.

I wish her the best of luck (both health-wise and tennis-wise). I'm glad she's not afraid to try out there. She should be an inspiration to others.

Eurotennisfan
May 30th, 2004, 02:06 AM
She is in better "shape" than 90% of the tour. But poor girl

Sam L
May 30th, 2004, 02:16 AM
I saw her live in Sydney and she has a lot of talent and all the weapons but yes I noticed there might be some "disorder" because someone whom I assume is that active cannot be looking like that. But still, I'm sure she can get help.

Mrs. Peel
May 30th, 2004, 02:25 AM
true that! she's out there competing and she made it pass the first round unlike some players!:rolleyes:

thelittlestelf
May 30th, 2004, 02:31 AM
I don't remember Casanova being THAT overweight... I think that picture is really unflattering.

Rothes
May 30th, 2004, 02:49 AM
I really wish that people would stop criticizing and making cheap Statements about her, before you actually know the Backround Information as to why she is overweight.

To where she has gotten in Roland Garros and nearly taking out Svetlana K in the Third round leading 4-1 in the Final Set is some Achievment for someone that has a Disorder Like Casanova.

The Amount of Training she does everyday just to keep her self "fit" is extraordinary. She has a Thyroid Gland Problem, which I have been told there is potentionally no known cure for, but can be treated.

Shes not out their to show that "Large" Women can play Tennis, shes out their to seriously play Tennis, be like any other Female out on the tour, and with results in the last week You can see what immense Talent she has within her.

She even acknowledges that her problem hampers how she plays, Leo told STF that a Tactic she valuably uses is to save a Set for strength in order to be better rejuvinated for the next, it seems risky to do so, but the results as of late tell you differently.

She didn't loose to Kuznetsova yesterday because of being Unfit, Her service let her down twice, It was a mental aspect, nothing physical or surprisingly nothing to do with her disorder.

Myriam played well yesterday, and should be proud of her results, Defeating a Prodigy of Sprem and a Consistent Vento-Kabachi, and nearly taking out another Prodigy of Kuznetsova, The results just tell it all that she is a far talented player then where her ranking suggests, Swiss Loyalists expected her to be a top 10 Player, and by Lord of Mine she has the talent to do so.

esquímaux
May 30th, 2004, 04:07 AM
http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/613/21239274702casanova.jpg

GRRREAT TOURNAMENT MYRIAM!!!! :bounce::bounce::bounce: Get ready for some grass babe :yeah:

cheo23
May 30th, 2004, 05:06 AM
Go CASANOVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! U Go Girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep ON Succeedin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UDiTY
May 30th, 2004, 05:50 AM
:eek: :eek:

She beat Sprem looking like that?!?!? She must be an amazing offensive player.

esquímaux
May 30th, 2004, 05:52 AM
Looks aren't everything :smash:

SpikeyAidanm
May 30th, 2004, 05:58 AM
Society seems to attribute "fatness" to someone's eating habits these days, almost unquestioningly.

I mean that's what I and many others thought when we saw this pic, I'm sure many players/commentators don't know about her disorder and that is just the disgusting aspect of the world these days...

Take Pierce last year, she wasn't in the best shape during Wimbledon time, because there were some restrictions in her training. In an article in Aus Mag, they were basically mocking her body shape implying she was lazy/didn't train etc... the same with Seles, sure she ate junkies after her stabbing but it was due to her depression state, no need for writers to say "wish she had a treadmill in her backyard..."

Sad society has come to this...

Rothes
May 30th, 2004, 06:05 AM
Hi Spikey :kiss:

Some posters seem to be a little Naive of her problem, It's easier fomr someone to ridicule her with a discriminative name such as "Bessie" or "Hefa" then to directly address the problem that she suffers.

watrat
May 30th, 2004, 06:16 AM
Way to go Myriam!! Show them girl! I'm on your side. :hug: :wavey:

bw2082
May 30th, 2004, 06:24 AM
Omg

Jakeev
May 30th, 2004, 06:26 AM
I was also a little stunned by her look but then again she doesn't look any heavier than say Mariaan DeSwardt was.

I just have to say kudos for someone who has a medical condition and is trying to make a go at a tennis career.

faboozadoo15
May 30th, 2004, 07:42 AM
i wonder if she would be a candidate for gastro- bypass or something.
it's incredible to think what she could do if she could run faster and didn't have all that extra weight!
anyway, she's incredible just as she is!
GO CASANOVA
(achem, and one of the coolest names in tennis, i might add)

CooCooCachoo
May 30th, 2004, 07:53 AM
Poor Myriam :( And still, some good wins!

Brαm
May 30th, 2004, 10:36 AM
Casanova is so cute :hearts:

Love that smile :D :D

JoeB_UK
May 30th, 2004, 10:46 AM
How much does she actually weigh?

JoeB_UK
May 30th, 2004, 10:56 AM
Height: 1.73 metres (5 ft. 8 in.)
Weight: 70 kilos (154 lbs.)

i found this, this surely cant be correct! it cannot be true!

SpikeyAidanm
May 30th, 2004, 10:59 AM
Those measurements are taken when the player just comes on tour.

JoeB_UK
May 30th, 2004, 11:10 AM
she has to be 95kg i should think at least. probably over 100

Ruski
May 30th, 2004, 11:56 AM
:eek: (That's all I can say!!!)

esquímaux
May 30th, 2004, 11:59 AM
I rememeber somebody posted a link that had clips of Martinez at Swisscom and she was playing Myri in one. Anyway Conchi dumped a lazy backhand off the netcord and Myriam HUSSLED up to the net and swatted it. Myri can really move!!!! :bounce::bounce::bounce:

TS
May 30th, 2004, 12:27 PM
Bottom line is, she is winning matches and almost beat one of the most in form players around.

Go Myriam :D

Threads like this are fucking ridiculous. Most posters that make fun of a players weight themselves, are most likely bushpigs in denial. So post a pic of yourself and let us judge you.

Celeste
May 30th, 2004, 12:48 PM
I saw her play a couple of doubles matches, she is pretty aggressive. She plays fast like Jennifer, grabs the ball, does the serve, no-nonsense, not a lot of set up. I don't recall the serves being "great" but they went in, had reasonable speed on them and were faily close to the lines. It didn't seem like she had too much strategy as far as placement or anything, she's getting the ball in play, that's it. I don't remember a lot of doubles faults at all. She's pretty fearless when the ball is in play. She hits hard and with some good angles. Her placement on groundstrokes is pretty accuate. She really moves that body during points, it's shocking/amazing to watch. She does not strike you as being someone who is overtly slow or anything despite all the weight she's carrying, and it's not hidden weight, she's big all over. Whereas Lindsay or something doesn't go for many shots she really has to run to, Miriam tries to get to every ball, she really gets that body going. I just figure she probably can't do it for three sets. Sadly, that picture is not doctored, she really is that large, and trust me, it's even more unflattering from the backside. I hope she can do something to fix her problem. She seemed pretty likeable.

esquímaux
May 30th, 2004, 01:09 PM
That's our Myriam!!! Move that body girl! :banana:

Fantastic
May 30th, 2004, 02:54 PM
Myriam looks like a padded-up Barbara Schett in that picture.

esquímaux
May 30th, 2004, 02:56 PM
Myriam looks like a padded-up Barbara Schett in that picture.

:haha: @ padded-up

Princess Fiona
May 30th, 2004, 03:42 PM
Bottom line is, she is winning matches and almost beat one of the most in form players around.

Go Myriam :D

Threads like this are fucking ridiculous. Most posters that make fun of a players weight themselves, are most likely bushpigs in denial. So post a pic of yourself and let us judge you.
:clap2: (Hello you btw... :) )

I hate it when people are mean about someone's weight. What if Myriam were to read some of the things on this board? She's a teenage girl... (And the teens are not always easy) How do you think she'd feel?

Anyway, Great tournament Myriam!! Good luck for the rest of this season!! :)

Geri
May 30th, 2004, 04:34 PM
I hope Casanova can find some kind of cure or treatment that will get the weight down without affecting her health because carrying that extra weight must be holding her back - don't matter how fast she can get round the court. Beating Sprem shows she has game. The Casanova sisters have been amazingly unfortunate with Myriam having this disorder and the other sister Daniela (is that the right name?) having problems before she could even start a proper career :sad: :sad: Is Melanie Molitor still coaching Casanova?? :confused: Good coach to have if it is. She has all the right things around her and talent but this is preventing her potential. On Hantuchova I agree with what's been mentioned here about she was/is not anorexic. If she was she would have collapsed on the court. She was doing great - the IW final was a performance that is defying what we see from her today. Then people realise she is a good looking girl and she gets modelling work and photo shoots and maybe she felt pressure to look good for that kind of thing. It certainly never helped her having that outside interest I think.

Annika18
May 30th, 2004, 05:21 PM
Myriam :D Great tournament, she played the best of all the Swiss, yes?

Does the condition fluctuate? Because she looks smaller in this picture from 3 years ago:

http://wtaq.tripod.com/kopihtm/kopi/c1542n1.jpg

Brαm
Jun 1st, 2004, 10:04 AM
Casanova is so cute :hearts:

Love that smile :D :D
I got a negative remark from someone called "wovux" saying:

Sizeism suffers varying levels of ignorance. 99% of people (yourself included, no doubt) were not aware Casanova had a medical condition. But only 1% (truly ignorant people - yourself included) aren’t aware blacks have more fast-twitch muscle fibre.

Care to elaborate on that? :confused:

caramel
Jun 1st, 2004, 01:01 PM
Whoa this girl is really fat but she has a very beautiful face.

selesfan
Jun 1st, 2004, 01:05 PM
i wonder if she would be a candidate for gastro- bypass or something.
it's incredible to think what she could do if she could run faster and didn't have all that extra weight!
anyway, she's incredible just as she is!
GO CASANOVA
(achem, and one of the coolest names in tennis, i might add)
That is a dangerous surgery, you need to be over 100 pounds overweight before it can be considered.

esquímaux
Jun 1st, 2004, 01:06 PM
I got a negative remark from someone called "wovux" saying:

Sizeism suffers varying levels of ignorance. 99% of people (yourself included, no doubt) were not aware Casanova had a medical condition. But only 1% (truly ignorant people - yourself included) aren’t aware blacks have more fast-twitch muscle fibre.

Care to elaborate on that? :confused:
No. :confused::cuckoo:

croat123
Jun 1st, 2004, 01:14 PM
she is listed at 155 lbs (70kg) :o

seriosly, if she trains as hard as the other players and is on a diet she shouldn't be that fat. my mom has the same condition and she runs 5 miles a day and diets to stay thin.

croat123
Jun 1st, 2004, 01:17 PM
but, if she's winning matches and happy with the way she's playing, then she should just keep going the way she is

esquímaux
Jun 4th, 2004, 08:20 AM
:bounce:!!!!Knock dead Myri!!!! :bounce:

esquímaux
Jun 4th, 2004, 08:37 AM
I've only seen snipitz of Myri playing :( I wanna see whole match! :bs: