PDA

View Full Version : What will NBC show tomorrow?

tennisIlove09
May 29th, 2004, 11:11 PM
I doubt very much we'll see a full RD 16. Lindsay/Dementieva is probably the best RD 16 match, followed by Jen/Schiavone then Venus/Zuluaga.

But we'll probably see Serena, since she seems to be NBC's darling

decemberlove
May 29th, 2004, 11:22 PM
who knows . but nbc was fucking HORRIBLE today

Mase
May 30th, 2004, 12:02 AM
who knows . but nbc was fucking HORRIBLE today
Agreed. I mean can we some one more fucking commercial? Although HOW CUTE was that little baby serving in that banks commercial? :haha:

UDiTY
May 30th, 2004, 12:08 AM
Haha, yeah that BNP Paribas commercial is funny.

There was NBC coverage today?!?!

Dangit, I am pissed at myself. They didn't show Venus/Mary did they!??!:mad:

Mase
May 30th, 2004, 12:09 AM
Haha, yeah that BNP Paribas commercial is funny.

There was NBC coverage today?!?!

Dangit, I am pissed at myself. They didn't show Venus/Mary did they!??!:mad:
:sad::sad: Yes they did, the whole match...:sad::sad:

ktwtennis
May 30th, 2004, 12:19 AM
NBC will be showing commercials with some taped boring American coverage on the side...:rolleyes:

Berlin_Calling
May 30th, 2004, 12:23 AM
NBC taking a comericial break after EVERY GAME was driving me crazy. And the commecial breaks were like 3 minutes long also :rolleyes:

tennisIlove09
May 30th, 2004, 01:56 AM
Here's what ticked me off about today's coverage.

1-the commericals after each game (which was done so they wouldn't have to show another match)

2-Why did they even show Serena (Serena to NBC is like Andre and Roddick to ESPN)? Had Serena been facing Pierce or Bovina it would be one thing...but a virtual unknown (like all of Serena's draw thus far)? Venus and Jennifer clearly had the tougher third round matches, and Jen went three.

3-The pathetic hours. It's too short.

Berlin_Calling
May 30th, 2004, 02:01 AM
Here's what ticked me off about today's coverage.
2-Why did they even show Serena (Serena to NBC is like Andre and Roddick to ESPN)? Had Serena been facing Pierce or Bovina it would be one thing...but a virtual unknown (like all of Serena's draw thus far)? Venus and Jennifer clearly had the tougher third round matches, and Jen went three.
I agree that Serena's match was pretty boring but I think they showed it because ESPN was showing Capriati vs. Bovina.

Jericho
May 30th, 2004, 02:04 AM
im not complaining, at least they do not cut off to other matches

Eurotennisfan
May 30th, 2004, 02:11 AM
I did not watch the whole thing; all I know is that I turned it off at 6-3 in the Venus match, I came back about an hour later and it was 6-3 2-0...I was like :scared:

Eurotennisfan
May 30th, 2004, 02:12 AM
I think the problem is that they have to decide ahead of time what matches they will show. and the sponsors; not knowing anything about tennis think that Venus+Serena=Huge ratings and $$$$.

tennisIlove09
May 30th, 2004, 02:18 AM
TSN in Canada didn't show ESPN's matchs, just NBC's coverage :rolleyes:

KoOlMaNsEaN
May 30th, 2004, 02:20 AM
I saw a commercial on NBC that they'd show jenny,serena and venus in action in the round of 16

Maggie&MomoFan
May 30th, 2004, 02:36 AM
will Amelie/Maggie be shown at all?