PDA

View Full Version : French Open website needs to get their facts straight...

bmxbandit
May 29th, 2004, 10:20 PM
from the main page:

"Two top ten players in Lindsay Davenport and Elene Dementieva go head-to-head in fourth round women's singles action on Sunday. Whoever triumphs will gain a quarter final berth at Roland Garros for the first time in their careers. "

As I recall, Lindsay reached SFs once, unless she skipped QF, they are mistaken :o .

And if I'm mistaken, please shoot me. :p

DelMonte
May 29th, 2004, 10:21 PM
hm, that's horrible. bad enough when BBC and Yahoo are at it but you'd think the OFFICIAL FO website would know the history of their own tournament.

vettipooh
May 29th, 2004, 10:23 PM
I was wondering about that too!!!!!

cheesestix
May 29th, 2004, 10:24 PM
from the main page:

"Two top ten players in Lindsay Davenport and Elene Dementieva go head-to-head in fourth round women's singles action on Sunday. Whoever triumphs will gain a quarter final berth at Roland Garros for the first time in their careers. "

As I recall, Lindsay reached SFs once, unless she skipped QF, they are mistaken :o .

And if I'm mistaken, please shoot me. :p

Is your alias from the movie "BMX Bandits"? You from Australia?

bmxbandit
May 29th, 2004, 10:24 PM
Is your alias from the movie "BMX Bandits"? You from Australia?
Yes it is :p . I LOVE that movie.

Although, I'm not an Aussie. Born in Yugoslavia, resident of USA.

cheo23
May 29th, 2004, 10:26 PM
Ya Lindsay did Play STEFfi at the French Open 1999 in the quarters but Lost

cheesestix
May 29th, 2004, 10:26 PM
Yes it is :p . I LOVE that movie.

Although, I'm not an Aussie. Born in Yugoslavia, resident of USA.

It's been quite a while since I've seen that movie. Used to come on HBO a bunch when I was a kid. Watched it a few times. I'm pretty sure it had Nicole Kidman in it, right?

bmxbandit
May 29th, 2004, 10:29 PM
It's been quite a while since I've seen that movie. Used to come on HBO a bunch when I was a kid. Watched it a few times. I'm pretty sure it had Nicole Kidman in it, right?
Yup, she was in it.

bmxbandit
May 29th, 2004, 10:31 PM
Lindsay actually reached QFs twice and a SF once. Am I right?