PDA

View Full Version : It is the 4th Round: Who Will win the French?

Eurotennisfan
May 29th, 2004, 08:02 PM
It is the 4th Round: Who Will win the French?

foreva lindsay
May 29th, 2004, 08:03 PM
LINDSAY wooooohooooo :D

crazillo
May 29th, 2004, 08:04 PM
I have a feeling that Dementieva or Maleeva will go to the final, esp. elena could have a chance.

Eurotennisfan
May 29th, 2004, 08:04 PM
*Included only players with a realistic chance

foreva lindsay
May 29th, 2004, 08:15 PM
crazillo...lindsays gonna be tough and if elena serves how she did in her last match she will get thumped

Andrew.
May 29th, 2004, 08:19 PM
I have a feeling that Dementieva or Maleeva will go to the final, esp. elena could have a chance.
:haha: Your predictions today...

bandabou
May 29th, 2004, 08:19 PM
Venus......sheīs been the most impressive to me so far. Serena ainīt there yet and if she doesnīt pick her game up, she wonīt last to meet Venus in the SF.

Knizzle
May 29th, 2004, 08:24 PM
Venus......sheīs been the most impressive to me so far. Serena ainīt there yet and if she doesnīt pick her game up, she wonīt last to meet Venus in the SF.
Serena should almost certainly get past Asagoe then possibly Jen and Serena will be so pissed off about Rome that she has no choice, but to play well. Then the potential all WS matchup is a mysterious one.

controlfreak
May 29th, 2004, 08:27 PM
Suarez can easily make the final. It just depends on who is waiting there for her...

Martian Willow
May 29th, 2004, 08:30 PM
...hhmmm...none of the other three people to vote Sharapova were prepared to admit it...is that telling me something...? :awww:

VS Fan
May 29th, 2004, 08:32 PM
Well I think that Serena is vulnerable to both Jennifer AND Venus this time, so I voted for Venus. Avid Serena fan that I am!!

Any of these three players will thump the player in the other half, whether it is Ameille or Lindsay or Maria!!

Lopsided sides in the draw, especially since Justine lost early. Justine, couldn't you just win a few more matches, and get to quarters or semis???

I wish Justine could have made the final, because, whether her opponent was Serena, Venus or Jennifer, we MIGHT have been treated to an epic match!!

bandabou
May 29th, 2004, 08:33 PM
Serena should almost certainly get past Asagoe then possibly Jen and Serena will be so pissed off about Rome that she has no choice, but to play well. Then the potential all WS matchup is a mysterious one.

Thatīs what I meant....asagoe ainīt a factor, but Jen is...if she keeps making this many errors, itīs gonna be a struggle...

Andrew.
May 29th, 2004, 08:36 PM
Well I think that Serena is vulnerable to both Jennifer AND Venus this time, so I voted for Venus. Avid Serena fan that I am!!

Any of these three players will thump the player in the other half, whether it is Ameille or Lindsay or Maria!!

Lopsided sides in the draw, especially since Justine lost early. Justine, couldn't you just win a few more matches, and get to quarters or semis???

I wish Justine could have made the final, because, whether her opponent was Serena, Venus or Jennifer, we MIGHT have been treated to an epic match!!
Everyone knows that JUSTINE would have been happy to lend the tournament a HAND and play the beautiful SISTAHS in the final.

Allez-H
May 29th, 2004, 08:53 PM
Will,you guys quit talking about Justine already!!!She's out of the tourney,geez :rolleyes: :p

Dava
May 29th, 2004, 08:55 PM
Asagoe ;)

Realistacally Venus and Amelie are looking in the best form.

Andrew.
May 29th, 2004, 08:59 PM
Venus has not defeated a top ten player since July of 2003, yet she is who everyone thinks will win....

VS Fan
May 29th, 2004, 09:00 PM
My comments were simply in favor of a competitive final match.

The last competitive match at RG Final was in 2001.

bandabou
May 29th, 2004, 09:01 PM
Yeah...I must say that the winner of the tournament right now is looking that itīs gonna come from the Serena, Venus, Jen, section..

Knizzle
May 29th, 2004, 09:07 PM
Venus has not defeated a top ten player since July of 2003, yet she is who everyone thinks will win....
Everyone doesn't think so. That stat you say is true, but do you think Venus is going to care about that when facing the next top ten player she faces. Who do you think will win Andrew??

Andrew.
May 29th, 2004, 09:09 PM
Everyone doesn't think so. That stat you say is true, but do you think Venus is going to care about that when facing the next top ten player she faces. Who do you think will win Andrew??
Yes. I think it will ring in the back of her mind and we will see Miami 2004 again.

Infiniti2001
May 29th, 2004, 09:09 PM

Keep holding on to that-- I 'm sure it comforts you :rolleyes:

Andrew.
May 29th, 2004, 09:10 PM
No, actually it disturbs me that a player of her talent hasn't defeated a top 10 player in almost a year.

Mase
May 29th, 2004, 09:10 PM
Yeah...I must say that the winner of the tournament right now is looking that itīs gonna come from the Serena, Venus, Jen, section..
Agreed.

Infiniti2001
May 29th, 2004, 09:11 PM
Yes. I think it will ring in the back of her mind and we will see Miami 2004 again.

Oh Please!! You know Venus this well??:shrug:

Knizzle
May 29th, 2004, 09:11 PM
I can assure you she doesn't care. You didn't answer my question about who you think will win.

cheesestix
May 29th, 2004, 09:16 PM
I can assure you she doesn't care.

How would you know? Do you know her personally?

Infiniti2001
No, actually it disturbs me that a player of her talent hasn't defeated a top 10 player in almost a year.

Are like nuts or something?? She came back in January and has been stuggling with injuries. She's only faced 1 top 10 player while struggling and we all know the results. There were other opportunities, but they did not materialize-- I will bet my last buck that she will be prepared when or if the time to face a top 10er comes now that she is playing better. :tape:

Andrew.
I can assure you she doesn't care. You didn't answer my question about who you think will win.
Oh, sorry I didn't see.

I'm really not sure. I think it's wide open. Maria will not win. I think Lindsay will probably make the semis but then pull a "I hate clay so I'm not playing" bitch day and lose. I think Jennifer has a good chance provided she is healthy.

Knizzle
May 29th, 2004, 09:18 PM
Oh, sorry I didn't see.

I'm really not sure. I think it's wide open. Maria will not win. I think Lindsay will probably make the semis but then pull a "I hate clay so I'm not playing" bitch day and lose. I think Jennifer has a good chance provided she is healthy.
So you think Jennifer will win??

Knizzle
May 29th, 2004, 09:19 PM
How would you know? Do you know her personally?
I know enough about her from watching her over the years and hearing her interviews to know that she won't care.

Foot_Fault
May 29th, 2004, 09:19 PM
Love it! Brilliant Post!

Andrew.
May 29th, 2004, 09:22 PM
So you think Jennifer will win??
I think she has a good chance to win. I don't know who will win but as I said I ruled out most of the players.

bandabou
May 29th, 2004, 09:23 PM
Which top 10īer did she face?! Let me see: lost to Raymond, Svetlana and someone else....if you meant Svetlana, well she DID get her revenge, soooo...

bandabou
May 29th, 2004, 09:24 PM
aaahh Elena.....uhmm, well...if they played right now, me thinks Venusīd destroy her.

Andrew.
May 29th, 2004, 09:26 PM
aaahh Elena.....uhmm, well...if they played right now, me thinks Venusīd destroy her.
Agreed. Elena has sucked this year with the exception of Miami, where she just ended up imploding anyway.

Knizzle
May 29th, 2004, 09:31 PM
I think she has a good chance to win. I don't know who will win but as I said I ruled out most of the players. So you've ruled out Venus cause she hasn't faced and defeated a top tenner this year??

Andrew.
May 29th, 2004, 09:37 PM
So you've ruled out Venus cause she hasn't faced and defeated a top tenner this year??
No. I've ruled her out because of who she actually has defeated, and her form at RG has not floored me like it has most of you.

Elisse
May 29th, 2004, 09:45 PM
:worship: Amélie Mauresmo :worship:

hinquit
May 29th, 2004, 09:48 PM
Who do you call a top ten player. You mean those players who got the
chance to be in top ten when Venus was out of the game almost
one year.
You joined this board in August 2003 and you have more than +4000
posts. What have you been talking about.

Knizzle
May 29th, 2004, 09:51 PM
No. I've ruled her out because of who she actually has defeated, and her form at RG has not floored me like it has most of you.
Have you taken a look at who Jen has defeated?? Especially at the slams?? What about Momo?? Or Lindsay??

Andrew.
May 29th, 2004, 09:52 PM
Have you taken a look at who Jen has defeated?? Especially at the slams?? What about Momo?? Or Lindsay??
Look at who Lindsay, Momo and Jen defeated this year.

Look who Venus defeated.

Which is more impressive?

Martian Willow
May 29th, 2004, 09:53 PM
Who do you call a top ten player. You mean those players who got the
chance to be in top ten when Venus was out of the game almost
one year.

...even the mighty Venus can't take up more than one place in the rankings... :)

Foot_Fault
May 29th, 2004, 09:56 PM
SLAMMED:tape: Andrew can pick up his face now.:lol:

Henquit...if you had rep turned on, you'll surely get one from me, a green one!

Knizzle
May 29th, 2004, 09:57 PM
Look at who Lindsay, Momo and Jen defeated this year.

Look who Venus defeated.

Which is more impressive?
LD beat Momo. Other than that, what is so impressive??

Jen beat Myskina and Serena, but hasn't been able to win titles.

Momo has been impressive no doubt.

When it comes to the slams though, Venus is head and shoulders about any of these. Momo, LD, and Jen haven't beaten top players at slams in a LONG time.

hinquit
May 29th, 2004, 09:58 PM
Ask the person you are in love with(Davenport) and she will tell you that
it is Venus who made her to have only three grandslams. and it may be
Venus to stop her winning if she happens to reach the final.

Knizzle
May 29th, 2004, 10:02 PM
Only 3 for Serena??!! :eek: I think she is looking good, she's rounding into form. She cut down on her errors on the big points in her 3erd round match.

KoOlMaNsEaN
May 29th, 2004, 10:03 PM
i say amelie

VeEewilliams
May 29th, 2004, 10:33 PM
Everyone should know by now

VENUS ALL THE WAY

VeEewilliams
May 29th, 2004, 10:33 PM
:yippee::yippee::yippee::yippee::yippee: GOOOO vee

Chunchun
May 30th, 2004, 12:11 AM

:bounce:
ya i agree!