PDA

View Full Version : I have NEVER loved a power player the way I love BOVINA!!!!!

treufreund
May 29th, 2004, 07:53 PM
I know she lost to jennifer today, whom i really admire too. but ELENA BOVINA is the BOMB!!! She needs to get her crap together in key points cuz when she is on she is the exact replica of MONICA SELES grunting. her grunt is exactly the same and it is really giving jennifer horrible flashbacks!! :devil: :lol:

i love Bovina's willingness to move forward, to change direction of the ball and the fact that she has wins over jennifer and venus (in an exo?). It's like her game has more than power. It's seems like she takes the ball very early, moves well, is aggressive (but still willing to rally).

I JUST LOVE HER AND HER GAME!!!!! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Jarrett
May 29th, 2004, 07:55 PM
LMAO, ITA with the grunts. I am not looking at the screen and just imagining Monica is actually playing.

goldenlox
May 29th, 2004, 07:55 PM
"ELENA BOVINA is the BOMB!!!" You ain't kiddin'.
And she's an excellent volleyer. Won the AO mixed. Bring on the grass!

Eurotennisfan
May 29th, 2004, 07:56 PM
I LOVE BOVINA...those grunts are so sexy. This girl is way too talented to not be in the top 10----RIGHT NOW!

treufreund
May 29th, 2004, 07:59 PM
She sounds EXACTLY like MONICA!!! and yet moves better and is willing to come forward. But MONICA was mentally so strong for every match. Elena is often injured and only seems to get up for big matches. she needs to learn from the top players to have intensity during all matches!

treufreund
May 29th, 2004, 08:01 PM
but is she really an excellent volleyer??? or just solid, good, consistent and comes in off of good approaches. i don't she is excellent but smart about her volleying. but coming forward is so admirable and i love to see it in a girl. whether it be kirilenko, bovina, cappy, momo, or juju i love those girls that try to move forward!

bandabou
May 29th, 2004, 08:08 PM
Hmm.....one thing I know: her backhand is HUUUGGGEEEE!!! Gotta work on her movement though and play better on the big points.

SJW
May 29th, 2004, 08:08 PM
but is she really an excellent volleyer??? or just solid, good, consistent and comes in off of good approaches. i don't she is excellent but smart about her volleying. but coming forward is so admirable and i love to see it in a girl. whether it be kirilenko, bovina, cappy, momo, or juju i love those girls that try to move forward!
she's a very good doubles player...GS mixed champ...

Lena Bovina :hearts:

goldenlox
May 29th, 2004, 08:09 PM
Lena can be a real good volleyer. She was against Jen in New Haven. She won the point on 16 straight approaches.
I only get to see Lena against Jenn. And Lena plays well in this matchup.

WorldWar24
May 29th, 2004, 08:11 PM
JOIN THE HERD! :drive:

I LOVE HER SERVE IT'S FUCKING AWESOME! :angel:

Randy H
May 29th, 2004, 08:12 PM
Elena has more variety in her grunts ;) One minute she is screaming at the top of her lungs, the next she has her grunt similar to Barbara Schett, and then the next she 'the goat grunt' (quieter, but with a little 'baa' type noise at the end lol). Saw her play a few weeks back and she was not really on her best form, but she looked a lot skinnier than before (not that she's ever been a bigger girl really, but for someone of her height she doesn't really look at her ideal weight either).

She is talented, but I don't think she is making the most of her potential. She seemed to be working with Larisa Neiland, so I don't know whether that's a good or bad thing but hopefully she will be trying to get more on her serve, and become a little more strategic in her game plan because she can lose the plot at crucial moments too often.

- L i n a -
May 29th, 2004, 09:03 PM
Sorry, but NOBODY can come on the Bovina Bandwagon.

There's me... that's it... and I boot you off.

Bovina is an EXCELLENT volleyer... easily one of the best on tour.

The problem is that in singles... she has to get herself to a good position at net first. And Lena isn't exactly nimble. :p

- L i n a -
May 29th, 2004, 09:04 PM
Elena has more variety in her grunts ;) One minute she is screaming at the top of her lungs, the next she has her grunt similar to Barbara Schett, and then the next she 'the goat grunt' (quieter, but with a little 'baa' type noise at the end lol). Saw her play a few weeks back and she was not really on her best form, but she looked a lot skinnier than before (not that she's ever been a bigger girl really, but for someone of her height she doesn't really look at her ideal weight either).

She is talented, but I don't think she is making the most of her potential. She seemed to be working with Larisa Neiland, so I don't know whether that's a good or bad thing but hopefully she will be trying to get more on her serve, and become a little more strategic in her game plan because she can lose the plot at crucial moments too often.
Lena's always done that...

She says her grunts change with her moods.

Lena is a psychotic, Amazon Russian like me. 'Tis why I love her.

Dava
May 29th, 2004, 09:06 PM
I wish she could get her game back on and get herself back into the top 20 :D Shes doing well this season, and her game is more suited to the fast surfaces so hopefully, she can build on the consistancy shes managed to build up over the last couple of weeks.

Mase
May 29th, 2004, 09:06 PM
Just saw the match and she definitley has the game. I dont think I'd ever seen her play before, I like her style.

goldenlox
May 29th, 2004, 09:17 PM
I loved seeing Lena playing with a big crowd watching. She's just outside the top 20, with very little to defend until Moscow.
Every Lena fan wants a rematch with Sharapova.

vettipooh
May 29th, 2004, 09:21 PM
She's gutsy,she's fiery,she's hot!!!!Top 10 potential.Don't care too much for the Russians,but Bovina really warmed my heart.;)

bandabou
May 29th, 2004, 09:31 PM
If she can her game together, to me she´s the best of the lot...

WorldWar24
May 29th, 2004, 09:31 PM
If she has a kind draw at Wimbledon, she is going deep into the draw! :D

I remember a match against Henin during the american hardcourt season, that she was hitting these wicked serves with such spin on them that they flew above Henin's head, and Henin looked desperate, like she was trying to hit back a huge bouncing moonball :bounce: She had to jump and hit those returns higher than her shoulders and head :haha: Too funny :bowdown:

I don't know how she managed to lose that match - she was very unlucky :sobbing:

goldenlox
May 29th, 2004, 10:38 PM
Lena's left knee was swollen at the end of last season. She had fluid drained from it, and when she started practicing, it got infected.
Now she's healthy and trying to get her confidence back. I think Lena took a major step in that direction today.

Jericho
May 30th, 2004, 12:12 AM
You've never loved a power player? so you stopped liking Justine? :confused:
Oh yeah i forgot, Justine doesn't use any power :tape:

ktwtennis
May 30th, 2004, 12:17 AM
I agree...I love that grunt and her aggressiveness reminds me of Monica...

Bovina, Sharapova, and Kirilenko have become quick favorites of mine!

VeNuS#1LoVa
May 30th, 2004, 12:18 AM
Elena impresses me more and more verytime I see her. I liked what I saw today vs. Jennifer, the grunts and the deep groundies. :)

WorldWar24
May 30th, 2004, 12:18 AM
You've never loved a power player? so you stopped liking Justine? :confused:
Oh yeah i forgot, Justine doesn't use any power :tape:

Go start a war elsewhere :fiery: This thread is about staying positive
and cheering ELENA BOVINA :angel:

Did I mention ELENA is really sweet!? :kiss: And the way she wears her hat... :haha: and her double handed backhand?! :lick:

Jericho
May 30th, 2004, 12:27 AM
Go start a war elsewhere :fiery: This thread is about staying positive
and cheering ELENA BOVINA :angel:
*looks at poster name*

How ironic ;)

BTW, I like Elena too :D

WorldWar24
May 30th, 2004, 12:32 AM
*looks at poster name*

How ironic ;)

BTW, I like Elena too :D

Yes it's ironic :angel: I'm all for peace! :bowdown:

You like Elena? :D How can anyone dislike ELENA? :kiss:

Jericho
May 30th, 2004, 12:46 AM
Love the grunt and amazing groundstrokes...
Very intelligent girl...models her game after Venus' :angel:

volta
May 30th, 2004, 12:50 AM
Yes it's ironic :angel: I'm all for peace! :bowdown:

Bovina lost just because she didn´t handle with the pressure and because Jenn played that 3 set well. she´s a good player but she shakes a bit with top players like Petrova does sometimes.

Elena Dementieva is that ? i don´t like her she´s always saying sh!t about other players :mad: .

WorldWar24
May 30th, 2004, 12:54 AM
Bovina lost just because she didn´t handle with the pressure and because Jenn played that 3 set well. she´s a good player but she shakes a bit with top players like Petrova does sometimes.

Elena Dementieva is that ? i don´t like her she´s always saying sh!t about other players :mad: .

We're talking about BOVINA here! The ELENA with a decent serve... :o

volta
May 30th, 2004, 12:57 AM
We're talking about BOVINA here! The ELENA with a decent serve... :o
LOL ok :worship: . i was just making a point :nerner:

davenport_1
May 30th, 2004, 02:02 AM
she's like 10 feet tall too lol

LindsayRocks89
May 30th, 2004, 02:44 AM
i really love her game, she has the potential, she just needs to get everything together

peanuts
May 30th, 2004, 08:00 AM
i'm really glad to read this kind of threads ;) i've been a fan since she won the mixed doubles at the aussie and its a such great thing people are noticing and getting impressed with her game :D i hope lena stays healthy and reach her full potential :bounce: