PDA

View Full Version : Would Serena wear her pink two piece in the Middle East?

Eurotennisfan
May 29th, 2004, 05:29 PM
I am asking because we all know that these nations are generally more conservative in regards to both men's and women's wear. Do you think that (if she plays in the Middle East) that Serena would continue "being herself" or wear something that covers her body a little more?

catkey94
May 29th, 2004, 05:32 PM
I think she would have to cover up more or she would have problems. They are very strict about dress over there. I would think that they might even have some laws on the books about how a woman should dress.

jack duckworth
May 29th, 2004, 07:39 PM
theres too much dressing up in tennis now...its not a fashion parade

Dennis
May 29th, 2004, 08:02 PM
I think she would have to cover up more or she would have problems. They are very strict about dress over there. I would think that they might even have some laws on the books about how a woman should dress.

I was in Dubai last year and no player dressed differently there. It would be so silly ! Btw have you seen the picture of Venus htis year in Dubai talking to that arabic guy ?! She was dressed like being on the beach.

Noone forces anyone to dress in a certain way. You could see people dressed in all styles when being on the street or in shoping centras.

This does not mean that I think that Serena's dress is perfect. She looks too, like she was on the beach and not on tennis court, but that is just my opinion. On the other hand I don't think that she should be dressed like Henin or Navratilova!!