PDA

View Full Version : Does any else wish to see another female on Eurosport!!

All4Williams
May 29th, 2004, 12:00 PM
Every tournament - Eurosport concentrates on featuring Capriati.
So far on Eurosport :
Capriati : Every match ie 3
Serena - last half of one match
Venus - no match!!

How I wish Sky sports could cover all the majors.

Eurosport SUCKS big time!

lolas
May 29th, 2004, 12:04 PM
There was also:Pierce,Mauresmo,Dementieva,Petrova,Zvonareva, Sharapova
So I'm quite confident but maybe British Eurosport is different.

vutt
May 29th, 2004, 12:17 PM
Eurosport should invest few $$$ and provide us with "interactive" broadcast. I wouldn't even mind if they will introduce viewer cards in order to cover thier expenses. I imagine they could use similar multi-feed functionality for other sports events to like football or olympic games...

Spunky83
May 29th, 2004, 12:19 PM
Well actually, today and I think tomorrow´s going to great for all german viewers: At the moment Eurosport is showing Federer´s match, but the other channel is showing Serena´s match...UHH!!! Well, after Serena won her set 6-0 it got too boring so now they are also showing Federer´s match...grrr..

At least they´ve broadcasted Myskina´s match at 11 o´clock instead of Jenny´s;), while Eursport was showing Formular 3000(2000???) :confused:

Dava
May 29th, 2004, 12:20 PM
Yeah they need the ineractive especially because there are so mnay good matches this year. Also its wrong that they are showing CRAPPY FOOTBALL HIGHLIGHTS instead of live tennis. I mean who wants to see Andorra Vs France, I didnt even think Andorra had a population big enough to form a football team :lol: We missed the best part of a good match today, and will probably not get to see VEns vs Mary, unless Roger can find his serve and kill Guga fast.

fammmmedspin
May 29th, 2004, 12:27 PM
Eurosport should invest few $$$ and provide us with "interactive" broadcast. I wouldn't even mind if they will introduce viewer cards in order to cover thier expenses. I imagine they could use similar multi-feed functionality for other sports events to like football or olympic games...
Not sure that many courts are televised anyway at FO - if they are we want a French channel on Astra.. Eurosport don't have the resources of the BBC/US Networks or Sky's ability to pay for them as at Wimbledon and the USO They probably have too few viewers to cover the cost and would have to try and commentate on multiple courts in multiple languages which would be impossibly expensive so they would probably end with no commentary.

They do seem not to want the Williams matches much but that is understandable given they have a European audience wanting Justine, Momo and he Russians. Davenport is even more invisible so it isn't a racist thing but presumably reflects their audience research.

Spunky83
May 29th, 2004, 12:30 PM
Not sure that many courts are televised anyway at FO - if they are we want a French channel on Astra.. Eurosport don't have the resources of the BBC/US Networks or Sky's ability to pay for them as at Wimbledon and the USO They probably have too few viewers to cover the cost and would have to try and commentate on multiple courts in multiple languages which would be impossibly expensive so they would probably end with no commentary.

They do seem not to want the Williams matches much but that is understandable given they have a European audience wanting Justine, Momo and he Russians. Davenport is even more invisible so it isn't a racist thing but presumably reflects their audience research.

Yeah, look at ESPN :tape:

selesfan87
May 29th, 2004, 12:33 PM
If ES provided multiple feeds, it need not be 5 courts like at Wimbledon. Even 2 or 3 would do, PC, SL and C1.

Dava
May 29th, 2004, 12:36 PM
I actually heard last year that they were tyring for interactive coverage...dunno that might have just been me.

All4Williams
May 29th, 2004, 12:42 PM
I understand that they would not be able to show everyone.

However my stats show that so far they are concetrating On Jennifer's progress. 3 matches of one and none of a higher seeded player seems bizarre!
However Eurosport grossly under estimates peoples desire to watch a Williams.
Events get packed out when a Williams turns up even in Europe.
Where does ES do there research?
Would more WTA tennis be watched if Eurosport showed its big Stars!

Come on Eurosport. We know the commenttators love Jennifer. But there is a bigger audience out there than the commentators.

Dava
May 29th, 2004, 12:58 PM
Also they have shown ALL of Jens matches from the last two Eurosport events which they covered ;)

Doc
May 29th, 2004, 01:09 PM
A lot of the time they have to show wht is on the show courts. And the big, crowd-drawers (or who the tournament directors think are the big stars) will always get the show courts. Until the QF, less well-known players tend to get put on outside courts except for when they play the stars.

Although they just announced Serena has won on an "outside court". (Suzanne Lenglen.)

vutt
May 29th, 2004, 02:08 PM
Not sure that many courts are televised anyway at FO Yes, 5 courts are televised. Just look at the netcams and you'll see yourself

Eurosport don't have the resources of the BBC/US Networks or Sky's ability to pay for them as at Wimbledon and the USO They probably have too few viewers to cover the cost...
Yeah that's the reason most probably otherwise they would have done it by now.

tommystar
May 29th, 2004, 04:03 PM
I've seen coverage from Chatrier, Lenglen, Court 1, Court 2, Court 6, Court 7, Court 10 at least.

So these courts can be televised...

Jennifer's wife
May 29th, 2004, 04:34 PM
well maybe eurosport is different, but on eorosport GB we have only had two jen matches. i dont count the last few games of the 3rd set this morning as being Jen's match!! And in answer to the thread title i am more than happy to see all jens matches bcoz i hate it when i have all her matches on tape and one missing somewhere in the tourny! :p

V-MAC
May 29th, 2004, 06:19 PM
I am so angry with Eurosport's coverage this week.It's all that stupid Giro cycling event's fault.really it couldn't be on at a worse time.Eurosport shows the cycling live at 1.30 gmt every day so far for 3 HOURS!!:o what i don't get is why on earth do they have to show cycling LIVE? and for 3 hours at that.I would imagine that even enthusiastic cycling fans would only be interested in seeing the last 30 minutes of a stage or even an hour of taped highlights.Today was just terrible.Eurosport International announced this morning they were showing roger/guga and venus/mary live.of course didn't happen.eurosport showed guga/roger match taped afterwards but not venus/mary.:( :mad: Tommorow doesn't look any better, in fact it looks worse. Coverage of RG doesn't start until around 1pm and only lasts for about 1hr 45mins before motor-racing and then cycling.Thus, all morning matches are missed tomorrow and the mid-evening sessions too. Worse of all, it means again that Venus' match won't be shown on Eurosport as cycling :mad: is scheduled to be shown at the time she is scheduled to be playing. I mean this is laughable. Not a single Venus or Lindsay match shown all week and only half a Serena match.Yet Eurosport showed a Meghann/Farina match live :o, they showed all of Vera Z's matches :o:o and all of Jennifer's.

jack duckworth
May 29th, 2004, 06:46 PM
yes:)....i would like to see all of maria sanchez lorenzos :hearts: :hearts: matches all live:).....and some of jelena kostanic:).....and some of vera douchevina:)......and some of mary pierce :kiss: :hearts: .....and some of liliah osterloh:)....and some of......some of the other players i also like:)

SJW
May 29th, 2004, 07:57 PM
British Eurosport have sucked so far, i CANNOT believe they've shown 2 sets of 6 matches featuring the Williams sisters :rolleyes: