PDA

View Full Version : Myskina in 4th round for the first time: 6-3 7-6 vs. Chladkova

Spunky83
May 29th, 2004, 10:44 AM
The macth wasn´t the best, but Nastya managed to come back in the second set after she was down 0-4. I guess she knew her game was far away from her best, she didn´t crack one smile after the matchpoint and left the court rather quickly...what is it about non-smiling russians after winning a match? Hello Vera...;)

Well, she made it into the fourth round for the first time, so congrats and big smile Nastya! Next up: possibly russian clash against Kuznetsova!

SpikeyAidanm
May 29th, 2004, 10:46 AM
She hadn't been to the third round either :p

Congrats Nastya :) :yeah:

GoDominique
May 29th, 2004, 10:47 AM
Strange match. Maybe something was up with Nastya, she wasn't in the match at all, rather looked like she was still sleeping.
But in the close situations (like SP Denisa), she could rely on Denisa making stupid errors and wasting her chances, so she just kept the ball in play and that was enough.

~|Naomi|~
May 29th, 2004, 10:47 AM
Well done, but please play better next time, cause the opponent will be tougher

Spunky83
May 29th, 2004, 10:49 AM
Well done, but please play better next time, cause the opponent will be tougher

Oh yeah...definetly! And Myskina really looked like she was sleeping, maybe her double partner and friend Vera was contagious with her stomach bug :confused: :lol:

AKTW
May 29th, 2004, 11:00 AM
I'm glad that Nastya can reach the fourth round.
Congrats Nastya!

bubble
May 29th, 2004, 11:11 AM
Well done Nastya :)

Gowza
May 29th, 2004, 11:31 AM
Strange match. Maybe something was up with Nastya, she wasn't in the match at all, rather looked like she was still sleeping.
But in the close situations (like SP Denisa), she could rely on Denisa making stupid errors and wasting her chances, so she just kept the ball in play and that was enough.
she had the trainer out just before she won her 3rd round match, either her shoulder or neck, she has had shoulder injuries in the past. i hope all is well and good luck in the next round!

Task
May 29th, 2004, 12:20 PM
Congratulations Anastasia :) :)

Filadidas
May 29th, 2004, 01:26 PM
Lots of surprises so far in this year's FO....... Myskina advances to the 4th round is one of them!!!! Seriously, I thought she would have gone in the 1st round already!!! Nobody talks about her in this tournament at all.............

Spunky83
May 29th, 2004, 01:35 PM
Lots of surprises so far in this year's FO....... Myskina advances to the 4th round is one of them!!!! Seriously, I thought she would have gone in the 1st round already!!! Nobody talks about her in this tournament at all.............

I think this is the best which could have happened to her: The fact that no one thought that she could get to the last 16, there was absoultely no pressure for her from the outside. Should she lost her next match, no one will notice either...so... ;)

But, hey(!) the FO-Site finally posted a transcribed interview of her! We already know that the guys who do the site don´t really care about publishing news and interviews, but this is by far the best transcriped interview I´ve ever read...follow the link, it won´t take you a lot of time

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/interviews/2004-05-29/200405291085832905134.html

By the way: Seems like there will be no russian-match, Casanova leads 3-1 (third set) over Kuznetsova...maybe a quarterfinal appearance for Myskina? Ohhh... :eek:

daniela86
May 29th, 2004, 02:27 PM
Congrats Nastasya :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Sharapova's_Boy
May 29th, 2004, 02:41 PM
Udachi Nastya :yeah: