PDA

View Full Version : LMFAO! Check out this Petrova Quote!

tennisIlove09
May 28th, 2004, 10:24 PM
Not everyone is thrilled with the topsy-turvy nature of this week, of course. ``This French Open is screwed up,'' said 2003 semifinalist and No. 8 Nadia Petrova (http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/players/196/), who lost to Marlene Weingartner (http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/players/85/), a woman she defeated 6-0, 6-0 the last time they played. ``It's a very open draw this year. Anyone can be in the final.''

Berlin_Calling
May 28th, 2004, 10:26 PM
Weingartner is definitely one of the streakiest players ever.

Foot_Fault
May 28th, 2004, 10:31 PM
Regardless, you have to go out and play your game, and play it well. It sounds like b/c of the Upsets, she's justifying her loss. Go Back to Russia and Try It again. Win a Tier V or IV title first.

Also wasn't her SemiFinal appearce gained from Topsy Turvy, FLUKE TENNIS?:confused:

WorldWar24
May 28th, 2004, 10:34 PM
Also wasn't her SemiFinal appearce gained from Topsy Turvy, FLUKE TENNIS?:confused:
Yeah must have been :rolleyes: the same style of tennis that saw her beat Caps, Serena and Vera, after she upset Venus :rolleyes:

Why are some people here so agressive/offensive?! :sobbing:

Foot_Fault
May 28th, 2004, 10:36 PM
Yeah must have been :rolleyes: the same style of tennis that saw her beat Caps, Serena and Vera, after she upset Venus :rolleyes:

Why are some people here so agressive/offensive?! :sobbing:well, if she's insisting that Weingartner's win was a "MIS-HAP" then certainly we can account her wins at ROLAND GARROS the same. It's tennis, you win, you lose. I don't like when players (even my favs) dont credit the game that was thrown at them.
And you can ask ANYONE about my track record of saying so.....!

I though Vera beat Venus last year not Petrova.

tennisIlove09
May 29th, 2004, 12:18 AM
Vera did beat Venus, but Petrova beat Vera in the quarters.

Eurotennisfan
May 29th, 2004, 12:21 AM
Petrova also beat Seles in the first round.

Julian
May 29th, 2004, 12:21 AM
"this french open is screwed up"

yup this probably sums up the whole tourney! lmao

Martian KC
May 29th, 2004, 01:40 AM
WTF Nadia BEAT the top players, that's the difference.:rolleyes:

And :haha:@Nadia!!

Fingon
May 29th, 2004, 01:43 AM
Petrova also beat Seles in the first round.
yep, and Seles hasn't played since.

Chunchun
May 29th, 2004, 02:08 AM
Merlene :kiss: :hearts:
Very goooood Job

Gowza
May 29th, 2004, 02:18 AM
Regardless, you have to go out and play your game, and play it well. It sounds like b/c of the Upsets, she's justifying her loss. Go Back to Russia and Try It again. Win a Tier V or IV title first.

i dont think she is justifying her loss by it, i just think she is really pissed off that she lost and probably at herself rather than the person who beat her.

as for th SF last year, she beat seles in round 1 and capriati in round 4, i cant remember whether she was up and down during the tournament or not. the thing is even if she reached the semis again this year, with justine out she wouldnt have defended her points even if she got there.

tennnisfannn
May 29th, 2004, 02:27 AM
Well there is a girl who realises a little too late she too could have made the final!

Dymension
May 29th, 2004, 05:49 AM
Nadia :lol:

Daniel
May 29th, 2004, 09:33 AM
:lol:

bandabou
May 29th, 2004, 10:04 AM
well Nadia....seeing that you havenīt won a title yet and havenīt really done much at the other majors, so maybe YOUR run last year may have been a consequence of the tournament being screwed up too...

Allez-H
May 29th, 2004, 10:15 AM
Nadia :worship:
i don't know why but I actually like her.But so many people seem to hate her :p

Lady
May 29th, 2004, 11:06 AM
I like her too! ;)

Didn't know she liked JuJu so much, that without her "FO is screwed up" ;) :p

jenny161185
May 29th, 2004, 11:10 AM
''well Nadia....seeing that you havenīt won a title yet and havenīt really done much at the other majors, so maybe YOUR run last year may have been a consequence of the tournament being screwed up too...''

- Thats what I was thinking Bandabou - go Weingartner reach the final!!!!!

Allez-H
May 29th, 2004, 11:14 AM
I like her too! ;)

Didn't know she liked JuJu so much, that without her "FO is screwed up" ;) :p
Yeah,they got similar attitudes *thinkiung about the 'I *really* don't care right know-comment from J ;) *

:tape: :p

Fantastic
May 29th, 2004, 04:12 PM
Well, what she's saying is true. The draw IS very open and yes, ANYONE can win it this year. That makes the French Open very "screwed up" this year.

TennisOK
May 29th, 2004, 04:24 PM
It is, there has not been a title defense in nearly 10 years unlike other slams. Clay does not forgive inconsistency. If one wants to win, one has to be consistent throughout the tournament, that's why upsets happen here a lot more often. Too bad Kim isnt here this year, otherwise she could have a reall nice chance to win this.

sarza
May 29th, 2004, 04:26 PM
very true fantastic :) i was rooting for Marly so im very pleased at the result but i also like nadia :) she makes me laugh :lol: