PDA

View Full Version : Dementieva:32 service games=35 double faults

CoryAnnAvants#1
May 28th, 2004, 07:08 PM
:o Pathetic!

And she expects to win starting 0-15 down every service game against Lindsay, one of the greatest return of servers to ever play...don't think so.

Black Mamba.
May 28th, 2004, 07:09 PM
This girl's serve sucks, I guess she never did ask her little sister for help improving her second serve.

jack duckworth
May 28th, 2004, 07:10 PM
as if she cares what you think:)....and dont reply...as if you care what i think:p

thedarkone
May 28th, 2004, 07:22 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

TheBoiledEgg
May 28th, 2004, 07:26 PM
she's beaten Lindsay a few times before serving like that ;)

she'll do so again
i hope it drizzles on Sunday :devil:

lizchris
May 28th, 2004, 07:30 PM
I can't see Elena going any furhter than she already has. She is fortunate that Anna (who was leading to start the third set) had to retire with cramps or else she'd probably be gone. Here's hoping that Lindsay will do us all a favor and send Elena home on Sunday. If she doesn't, you might as well give Amelie a free pass into the semifinals (assuming she wins on Sunday).

ys
May 28th, 2004, 07:31 PM
:o Pathetic!

And she expects to win starting 0-15 down every service game against Lindsay, one of the greatest return of servers to ever play...don't think so.
She is in th R16. All that matters.

Kuti Kis&Monica
May 28th, 2004, 07:37 PM

she'll do so again

You're dreaming TBE she has beaten Lindsay with a decent serve in the past, but now that will be almost impossible ;)
Usually i'd be cheering for her, but i wanna see Lindzi challenged Momo. Alyona would be destroyed by Momo.

Mase
May 28th, 2004, 07:40 PM
I can't see Elena going any furhter than she already has. She is fortunate that Anna (who was leading to start the third set) had to retire with cramps or else she'd probably be gone. Here's hoping that Lindsay will do us all a favor and send Elena home on Sunday. If she doesn't, you might as well give Amelie a free pass into the semifinals (assuming she wins on Sunday).
Agreed. Elena and her serve have just turned into a big joke, she was very, very, very lucky today...

ys
May 28th, 2004, 07:51 PM
You're dreaming TBE she has beaten Lindsay with a decent serve in the past, but now that will be almost impossible ;)
Mind you, she was 0-2 against Smashnova and thoes two losses relate to her "decent serve" period. And she has beaten Lindsay with exactly that pathetic serve and exactly on clay for her first title. And that serve had driven Davenport nuts.

faboozadoo15
May 28th, 2004, 07:56 PM
yea, um, im also a believe that she's gonna take out davenport. she's always hated that serve, and elena's groundstrokes are really really nice for the clay. anything can happen.

Hantuchov
May 28th, 2004, 08:00 PM

she'll do so again

Indeed! :yeah: :D

Aeroboy
May 28th, 2004, 08:28 PM
I don't know if this is such a bad thing...Maby the large number of Double faults is a result of her going for more on her second serve. Were we not critizing her just months ago, for haveing such a weak second serve? Maby this shows that she is just attempting to add more mph to her second serve...

who knows...

GoDominique
May 28th, 2004, 11:47 PM
I have to disagree with Eggy here.

When Elena beat Lindsay at Amelia Island, her serve sucked, but the rest of the game was perfect, great returns, dominanet play from the baseline etc.

Right now, her serve still sucks (maybe even more), but she's struggling with everything else as well. Especially her confidence is low. She's just in much worse form.

I expect Lindsay to win this. And I hope it will be a comfortable win.

sartrista7
May 29th, 2004, 12:02 AM
I don't know if this is such a bad thing...Maby the large number of Double faults is a result of her going for more on her second serve. Were we not critizing her just months ago, for haveing such a weak second serve? Maby this shows that she is just attempting to add more mph to her second serve...

who knows...

Definitely, definitely not. One second serve was under 50mph... and it was a fault :o

Stephieva
May 29th, 2004, 12:03 AM
lena ... :o

esquímaux
May 29th, 2004, 12:06 AM
Lena :crying2:

Knizzle
May 29th, 2004, 12:07 AM
I think LD will win. She'll remember Amelia and be ready to attack that serve. Plus AI was a final match and LD had trouble winning finals in 2002-2003.

Havok
May 29th, 2004, 12:08 AM
Lindsay should kill those pathetic serves of hers. 35 doublefaults :bigcry::retard::drive:

Berlin_Calling
May 29th, 2004, 12:12 AM
I really wonder what happened to Elena's serve in the past couple years. I remember in 2000, in the Chase Championships, when Elena beat Lindsay in the first round in three sets, Elena hit 0 double faults throughout the whole mach :eek::eek:.

Chunchun
May 29th, 2004, 12:21 AM
:eek: :rolleyes:

Julian
May 29th, 2004, 12:23 AM
Lena..:(

She's said shes been workin on her serve so maybe this is a very very very off day?? lol

WorldWar24
May 29th, 2004, 01:01 AM

who knows...

The thing is: she is hitting as many or EVEN MORE DFs, but she is hitting it slower than ever!!! :o Add to that, the fact that she is also hitting 1st serves with that stupid useless slice that she now uses for a 2nd serve. At a certain point in the match against Pistolesi, she hit a particularly slow and bad 1st serve, worse than her 2nd serves, that she buried into the net!

The crowd made that AAAWWWWWW sound in desbelief!I'd never seen anything like that. Crowds don't ever make "AAWWWW"s when you miss a normal first serve, so you can imagine how BAD it was :eek: The commentator tried to hide it, but he was laughing hysterically :o He said Lena's serve was not worthy of a professional player :o

In the past, she was hitting 15-18 DFs a match, but she was going for it, hitting them hard! Now she hits as many DFs but has a joke for a 2nd serve. The only positive aspect of that is that her opponent is completely shocked by being put against such a mediocre serve, that her head goes off for a moment :eek:

volta
May 29th, 2004, 01:03 AM
i don´t know how on earth her trainer doesn´t see/change that.

WorldWar24
May 29th, 2004, 01:05 AM
i don´t know how on earth her trainer doesn´t see/change that.

Dementieva keeps saying she's working on it, but it gets worse by the minute. Besides, I don't know if has a permanent coach besides her mother

volta
May 29th, 2004, 01:06 AM
Dementieva keeps saying she's working on it, but it gets worse by the minute. Besides, I don't know if has a permanent coach besides her mother
she has it´s a woman who is always with her mother. she ain´t working on it IMO it´s worse then last year.

Sharapova's_Boy
May 29th, 2004, 02:27 AM
Alyona :eek: :sad:

TNT96
May 29th, 2004, 03:31 AM
Her serve makes for such good drama in a match-you either laugh or shake your head in disbelief-it makes me feel better about my serve!

Stephieva
May 29th, 2004, 03:34 AM
me read someone said lena said that...
lena now has a betta serve...only in practice...
it's a mantal block preventing lena from using a new service in da real match...http://wtaworld.com/ubb/frown.gif
lena doesn't have confidence now...
lena has had bad serve for many yrs...
maybe...it takes more time...

azinna
May 29th, 2004, 03:43 AM
She has a coach, who is trying her best. She said in an interview this year that Elena's biggest impediment to getting a better serve is her current ranking, which hovers around 10. It's just hard to get players to change a fundamental flaw when they're winning a significant number of their matches.

Still, if you want to take Elena at her word (she says she's working on it) you have to take into account that changing a fundamental aspect of one's game almost always results in a dip in performance before the rise, if indeed there is a rise. See Justine at the onset of her revamp in 2002.

BlinX
May 29th, 2004, 04:05 AM
how can she be so out of control????? :lol:

tenn_ace
May 29th, 2004, 04:07 AM
I really wonder what happened to Elena's serve in the past couple years. I remember in 2000, in the Chase Championships, when Elena beat Lindsay in the first round in three sets, Elena hit 0 double faults throughout the whole mach :eek::eek:.

about a year and a half ago Lena had a long-term shoulder (or back injury)... she kept playing without fixing it. it hurt her so she had to protect it, change a motion, which resulted in that :mad: serve

Jakeev
May 29th, 2004, 05:30 AM
If Lindsay loses to Elena on Sunday, believe me, it will have everything to do with what Linds did wrong. And if her knee is still hurting, I hope Elena is at least smart enough to take advantage of it.

Either than that, I really hope Lindsay kicks ass!!!!

Dymension
May 29th, 2004, 05:45 AM
Elena :o

SpikeyAidanm
May 29th, 2004, 06:16 AM
The notion of service is far too overated in tennis

Jackson.
May 29th, 2004, 07:46 AM
Elena :o

Something needs to be done :sad:

Thierry's_Ladee
May 29th, 2004, 09:57 AM
Lol - It tells you hoew good the rest of her game is right...;)