May 28th, 2004, 08:01 PM
why is there no thread about this topic? :eek: :eek:

Foot_Fault
May 28th, 2004, 08:01 PM
There were. but she more than lost. She got that ass BEAT!:tape:

katrientje
May 28th, 2004, 08:03 PM
I read something she's supposed to have said about Marlene: sometime she plays wonderful and the other day she the worst of the all :eek: Kind of harsh :)

I was surprised too nadia lost to a player like Weingartner, she was the favourite to get to the semis

Doc
May 28th, 2004, 08:07 PM
Its true though about Marlene. She seems to have two or three runs a year like this, when she bows everyone away in a tournament for severeal rounds, and that keeps her in the Top 100. The rest of the time, she teaks awful beatings, like 6-0 6-0 from Nadia last year.

Marlene is a talent, she has all the shots, but can't put them together very often. And of course today, Nadia played badly.

Eurotennisfan
May 28th, 2004, 08:09 PM
Its true though about Marlene. She seems to have two or three runs a year like this, when she bows everyone away in a tournament for severeal rounds, and that keeps her in the Top 100. The rest of the time, she teaks awful beatings, like 6-0 6-0 from Nadia last year.

Marlene is a talent, she has all the shots, but can't put them together very often. And of course today, Nadia played badly.
Maybe Nadia came in too big headed?

darrinbaker00
May 28th, 2004, 08:15 PM
Who's Nadia Petrova? :tape:

Seriously, though, there's a reason why Petrova has yet to win a title, and this is it. If she's OK physically, there's NO WAY she should be losing to the Marlene Weingartners of the world. I hope Nadia's enjoying her time in the top 10, because she won't be there too much longer. ;)

vogus
May 28th, 2004, 08:20 PM
Weingartner can play like a Top 5 player. She has an incredibly aggressive game when she's on. The match of Weingartner vs. Patty in the 1st round at Charleston was the highest quality match i saw at that tournament. So i'm not surprised Marlene could come up with this upset.

darrinbaker00
May 28th, 2004, 08:28 PM
Weingartner can play like a Top 5 player. She has an incredibly aggressive game when she's on. The match of Weingartner vs. Patty in the 1st round at Charleston was the highest quality match i saw at that tournament. So i'm not surprised Marlene could come up with this upset.
If Weingartner can "play like a Top 5 player," then why is she ranked #94?

Mase
May 28th, 2004, 08:45 PM
Maybe Nadia came in too big headed?
Maybe she is and has been over rated? That must be it.

WorldWar24
May 28th, 2004, 08:48 PM
Why are you people attacking Petrova? She is a nice girl :D

She played badly, Weingartner played well, Petrova lost

NEEEEXXXTT!!!

Eurotennisfan
May 28th, 2004, 08:59 PM
Petrova is a very nice girl (I saw her) and if anything she is one of the most under-rated of the Russians.

JackFrost
May 28th, 2004, 09:09 PM
If Weingartner can "play like a Top 5 player," then why is she ranked #94?
She is very inconstant. And she has many injurys. She has many trouble with her back. And hosestly...Marlene wasn´t not ever a good fighter on the court in the past. Went a match bad for her, she let it go.

But if Marlene has a day, everything fits together...health, mood, attitude, an opponent, who underestimated Marlene...she is very, very dangerous.

Marlene is the Dr.Jeckyll and Mr.Hyde in the WTA Circuit.

Mase
May 28th, 2004, 09:27 PM
Petrova is a very nice girl (I saw her) and if anything she is one of the most under-rated of the Russians.
Her groundies arent that good, she has a big serve and thats her main thing. And thats why when she played today on clay, her serve was neutralized and she was taken out. Im again sticking with her being the most overrated and Sharapova being the most under rated.

Eurotennisfan
May 28th, 2004, 09:56 PM
Her groundies arent that good, she has a big serve and thats her main thing. And thats why when she played today on clay, her serve was neutralized and she was taken out. Im again sticking with her being the most overrated and Sharapova being the most under rated.

Nadia has wins over Serena, Capriati (at slam), Seles (at Slam), Hingis....

this girl has got game.

Declan
May 28th, 2004, 10:04 PM

I was in Toronto last summer for the tennis, and I watched most of Petrova's annihilation of Weingartner, 6-0 6-0. It was truly painful to watch, and Marlene could do absolutely nothing right, and Nadia hardly hit a ball wrong. Marlene was totally hapless and it was a mercy when the match ended. To come back from that demoralising experience and to beat your conqueror in straight sets in your next meeting, andat a Slam shows real strength of character.

jan.
May 29th, 2004, 07:46 AM
Petrova just had a terrible match, she had to game points on the last service game, her game just wasn't on.

Jackson.
May 29th, 2004, 08:28 AM
Terrible loss Nadia :sad: :rolleyes: