PDA

View Full Version : Vera Zvonareva

tennisIlove09
May 28th, 2004, 07:16 PM
What does she need to do to get to the next level? I think she needs to be more aggressive. Sharapova was more aggressive today.

pav
May 28th, 2004, 09:54 PM
You might be right, She's certainly skidding around in Her own muddy wheel ruts at the moment, todays match was a let down for Me, apart from the fact that Vera lost,not enough long rallies, mainly Masha teeing off,more what You would expect of a Vera/Masha match at Wimbledon.
those commentators! specially the old Male dribbly bed wetter, talk about a masha sycophant,"Vera was slumped ,in awe of the star power radiating out of Masha, Her grunts were perfect, She was made to be there etc. and half of this during the warm up

Knizzle
May 28th, 2004, 10:55 PM
She needs a better serve. It's a huge weakness for her.

Andrew.
May 28th, 2004, 11:08 PM
Better serve = Bepa top 10.

This serve = Bepa sucks.

Epigone
May 29th, 2004, 05:25 AM
She needs to rework her serve so that she's not immediately on the defensive when the point begins.

She needs to be more aggressive when facing big hitters, and not let her opponent dictate the point. Again, this goes back to point (a)

I'd just like to see her have more fun on court. She needs to raise her slumped shoulders and smile. Vera sometimes has fun when she is playing doubles, and I think that is reflected in her results.

jan.
May 29th, 2004, 07:44 AM
She needs a better serve, she was pressured to do faster serves as she knew maria will just do a winner.

Jackson.
May 29th, 2004, 08:40 AM
Get a better serve, and just a better outlook

It's sad yet also annoying to see her dejected 99.99% of the time, she needs to keep positive :sad: