PDA

View Full Version : Will Kim be healthy and fit for Wimbledon?

DelMonte
May 28th, 2004, 04:30 PM
I just read her diary on her wibsite (see below) and she says that her wrist has to stay in the brace for another two weeks. After that she will be evaluated again. So, I am thinking that even if the brace comes off in two weeks, I doubt whether she'd be able to play a competitive slam so soon after that. Can someone who knows more about the nature of Kim's injury assess her chances of playing Wimby, please??

Thanks!

DelMonte

Source: http://www.kimclijsters.be/
Kim's Diary
Another two weeks of keeping low 28-05-2004

A quick update from the medical front... Yesterday I had my wrist examined again. The good news is that the inflammation is slowly disappearing, but it isn't cured yet, so I'll have to continue like I have been doing in the past two weeks.

I'll keep wearing that brace, have physio every day and stick to my training schedule. In two weeks, the whole situation will be reviewed again. The injury clearly needs time and I had to give it that time, pushing it is useless.

Meanwhile, I arrived in Paris, although I missed out on Lleyton's first match. I was able to see on television though. We have a couple of Australian friends over here and I walk into town with them. A bit of shopping, see the Eiffel tower... I'll try to see a mathc once and a while, but I prefer not to hang around the club too much.

As of today, you can follow my comic book adventures in a scoop via this website. Just follow this link.

See you soon!
Kim

lizchris
May 28th, 2004, 04:32 PM
I don't think she is playing Wimbledon.